Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:50 AM

11 posts, read 26,584 times

Advertisements

Here is an interesting site [url="http:[COLOR="Red"]MODERATOR DELETED...LINK TO ANOTHER BLOG/FORUM[/color] URL] - its updated with housing trends daily.

Be prepared for doom & gloom though (if you're a seller).

I don't have a crystal ball but I know this problem is far worse than financial institutions are letting on. Virtually every forecast I have read predicts 2008 is going to be far worse than 2007 and anyone waiting for prices to start rising is going to have to wait until 2010 - 2012 at least.

Last edited by sunrico90; 09-20-2007 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: LINK TO ANOTHER BLOG/FORUM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 PM

672 posts, read 906,395 times
Default Just break even

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
We have had our house on the market for a while now with no luck...no we're not trying to make a killing on it, in fact for what it's listed at, we are actually taking a loss. We already have land bought and plans for the house that we are going to build, and I am so excited about the move, I am actually getting a bit depressed....and a little irritated that we are just stuck here until the market takes a bit of a turn.

Anyone else in the same boat with some positive thoughts? I am trying to make the best of it here, but I am getting very discouraged since nobody really knows when the market will change (though I know there are plenty of people making claims of fact of how long it will take, unless they can show me their crystal ball, I ain't buyin')

Anywho...just looking for anyone else in the same situation...misery loves company you know
We would be happy with just that. We live in a 3 story condo complex of 2 bedroom/2 baths. In all of 2006, only one unit sold out of 7 on the market. Since this past June, 5 units have sold. We are keeping our fingers crossed since this is one of the few complexes around which are selling for under $200,000. There seems to be a number of snowbirds who buy them.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:45 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,908,252 times
Things are not looking good! Will the fed cut do anything more then give wall street a boost? I would take the loss and breath easy. Listings in the Orlando, Florida, area show 26,300 homes for sale, a 20-month supply, As many as half of the 450,000 subprime borrowers whose mortgage payments increase in the next three months may lose their homes because they can't sell, refinance or qualify for help from the U.S. government.

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:30 PM

25 posts, read 108,885 times
Great article firemed - one that anyone who is buying or selling should read, and coming from Bloomberg news it's believable. From the start I've felt that this situation could only get worse before it gets better. Too many people and WAY too much debt is involved.

And carbondated - I agree with you re: what buyers are looking for. I was in Vero Beach with my parents over the summer looking at houses, and we weren't impressed with anything that was a rental or an obvious investment property. We were most put off by the newly built cookie cutter properties that people seemed to snatch up en masse a few years ago, driving up prices and contributing to the current state of things. Most of these developments should never have been built in the first place.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:42 PM

272 posts, read 1,531,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytoflorida View Post
... we weren't impressed with anything that was a rental or an obvious investment property. We were most put off by the newly built cookie cutter properties that people seemed to snatch up en masse a few years ago, driving up prices and contributing to the current state of things. Most of these developments should never have been built in the first place.
Have you started to notice that you can spot a flip house a mile away? Same khaki paint on the walls, same beige tile floors, same white cabinets, same, same, same. I'm starting to think that they sell a flipper's kit at Lowe's.

There was a time I would have preferred newer construction but some are soooo cookie cutter, I don't know how you recognize which house is yours. My tastes are changing and I think I'm starting to prefer a Craftsman or a space-age mid-century modern just because they are different.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:22 PM

627 posts, read 2,850,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckardc View Post
Have you started to notice that you can spot a flip house a mile away? Same khaki paint on the walls, same beige tile floors, same white cabinets, same, same, same. I'm starting to think that they sell a flipper's kit at Lowe's.

There was a time I would have preferred newer construction but some are soooo cookie cutter, I don't know how you recognize which house is yours. My tastes are changing and I think I'm starting to prefer a Craftsman or a space-age mid-century modern just because they are different.
I agree! We DID buy last month... and it was not a new home, but a Mid-Century Modern with a Flat Roof in a well established neighborhood. The BEST part was that it cost less than $100K in Move-In Condition (ok, so they took my offer of less than 100K, it was listed much higher).

Sellers need to cut to the bottom line right now... because there is not a stampede of buyers out there willing to be taxed to death right now.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
I agree! We DID buy last month... and it was not a new home, but a Mid-Century Modern with a Flat Roof in a well established neighborhood. The BEST part was that it cost less than $100K in Move-In Condition (ok, so they took my offer of less than 100K, it was listed much higher).

Sellers need to cut to the bottom line right now... because there is not a stampede of buyers out there willing to be taxed to death right now.
This is so true !
The News-Press, news-press.com, Real Estate, August home sales up from July (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070926/RE/70926001/1075 - broken link)

Old 09-26-2007, 05:35 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post

Do you see this as a nationwide thing or more specific to the areas that have been hit the hardest

Just wondering others opinions b/c it is an ongoing debate b/w my husband & I as we are about to purchase a home though not in the state of FL.

Since we've been living here, though, we are assuming the situation in SW FL is everywhere else & we assume everything is overvalued. But is it?

Are people really going in at 20% off asking price & getting it accepted? I know in certain parts of SW FL they are but not so sure about other areas; even nationwide.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Do you see this as a nationwide thing or more specific to the areas that have been hit the hardest

Just wondering others opinions b/c it is an ongoing debate b/w my husband & I as we are about to purchase a home though not in the state of FL.

Since we've been living here, though, we are assuming the situation in SW FL is everywhere else & we assume everything is overvalued. But is it?

Are people really going in at 20% off asking price & getting it accepted? I know in certain parts of SW FL they are but not so sure about other areas; even nationwide.
Its the bubble states that are correcting. Its not nationwide.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:49 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,345,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prioris View Post
What most posters fail to grasp is the big picture

While people complain about the superficial issues ... taxes, insurance, jobs

they remain oblivious to the core problems

The USA as a nation is in the process of being erased by the New World Order (NWO) and a global police state established.

Treason is rampant in all the major institutions in the USA as it was on 09/11/01 ...

while most of the american people remain politically oblivious

The NWO already has a secret world government but that is in the process of becoming officialized. The creation of the NAU (combining mexico, canada and USA) is the first step.

Elections have been fixed in the USA for a long time so the NWO people get elected.

The US political parties are nothing but covert US intelligence fronts. Similar situation exists in mexico and canada.

Media is virtually all controlled by the US government/intelligence so all you get dispensed with is disinformation and propaganda. News essentially gets created.

There is severe political dysfunction among the overwhelming part of the population.

Core problems that need to be addressed is:

a) rampant treason (fifth column removed)
b) crimes against humanity ( a long list)
c) controlled media (they covered up the treason on 911)
d) rigged financial markets by government and insiders
e) fixed elections
f) fiat money system ( get rid of federal reserve )
g( secrecy ( needs to be mostly abolished)
h) releasing advanced free energy technology (energy becomes dirt cheap and clean)
i) stop creating artificial oil shortages
j) home school ( get rid of public schooling and state brainwashing)
k) use secret weather technology to take out hurricanes
l) develop program where person gives for instance maybe 3 or so years of labor in return for a m) house with no mortgage. do some with transportation, maybe do to anti-gravity technology.
n) government lends money to banks and banks charge you interest
o) no interest on basic needs such as shelter, transportation, food etc
p) remove covert NWO/military programs that create death, disability and sickness that create q) high cost medical system
r) remove GM foods and other toxicities in foos
s) remove fluoridization of water
t) stop vaccinations ( and you will stop autism, infant sudden death, chronic disability)
u) most crime is articially created by enacting laws against drug use (ironically americans turn a blind eye to the biggest drug traffickers, namely their own government)
v) bring back the repubublic and a persons constitutional rights
w) abolish all torture

the biggest economic myth that people are brainwashed with is - economic shortages are real

economic shortages especially oil are artificially created by the government/elites

what will addressing the above problems do ...

it will create a world of economic abundance and a healthy population

taxes in florida will drastically drop as would fuel, food and medical.

housing and transportation costs would disappear

it will virtually eliminate all poverty and welfare programs along with most crime

(your average floridian helps feed the crime problem by blindly supporting un needed laws)

the major problem most people would face would be what to do with all that spear time since very little work would be needed after a person established their basics necessities

unless people wake up, most of them and their childrens future will remain nothing but a NWO slave
People don't care. They don't want to care. They're to busy with material things. As long as they can get by without having to notice they will.

I would also add stock markets to that list. Stock Markets just allow the would be get rich quick guys to invest. Its like gambling. They can be used to cease markets and control, to cause down turns or unrest in said countries. The stock markets are weapons of war. All that money that is invested in them will always filter back to the top, to the richest of the rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida