Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:03 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
We all have different likes and dislikes. Some prefer it hot and humid and some like it cold and dry, others like it in the middle. For many this has been a nice change from the hot and humid temps we have most of the year. Also those in the northern part of Florida have had a much colder winter than those of us in the southern part of the state. I for one love the change, come mid-may it will be hot and humid here in South Florida through November. So a change is nice! BTW, Had the fireplace on last night!!!!
Funny that when I first moved to FL lived in Miami way back in 1982 and actually had no A/C in the car and went the first year barely using the A/C when not at work. I couldn't get enough of the heat back then. But starting about a a decade ago I've learned to despise the endless tropical sunshine, heat and humidity of SoFl and summer overall in the deep south. And I am a lover of the beach, an outdoors lover and one of those folks you see walking or bicycling on AiA early in the morning. It just wears on many over the years just like the grey ugly climate in the northeast and upper midwest. How much of it for me also has to do with also living much further north in FL for a good spell, the endless summer of recent years prior to 2009 or spending extensive time out in western US where the climate I feel is much better I just don't know. About all 92 and humid is good to me for these days is a nice swim in the ocean...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
Funny that when I first moved to FL lived in Miami way back in 1982 and actually had no A/C in the car and went the first year barely using the A/C when not at work. I couldn't get enough of the heat back then. But starting about a a decade ago I've learned to despise the endless tropical sunshine, heat and humidity of SoFl and summer overall in the deep south. And I am a lover of the beach, an outdoors lover and one of those folks you see walking or bicycling on AiA early in the morning. It just wears on many over the years just like the grey ugly climate in the northeast and upper midwest. How much of it for me also has to do with also living much further north in FL for a good spell, the endless summer of recent years prior to 2009 or spending extensive time out in western US where the climate I feel is much better I just don't know. About all 92 and humid is good to me for these days is a nice swim in the ocean...lol
That is how I feel. I sound like I hate FL, but that is entirely WRONG. I just have been here so long now the heat is just no longer tolerable. When I got here in 1994 I was loving it, I was making fun of my friends in MA when it was snowing, I was at the pool. I still do that on Facebook. I am buying a new bike in the next week or so, and I do not care how hot it gets I will be on that thing no matter the temperature in the morning and evening. I LIKE florida, yes LIKE it for many things. Last year I shoveled a 40 foot driveway about every 5-6 days, well not this winter. My intention to this thread was to say I like the cool weather we get in a reprieve to the hot summers. I was not saying I want freeze warnings, dead crops, Manatees. That is not worth feeling comfortable at the expense of those things. Just cooler fresh air after a long hot summer feels good.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:49 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
When I lived in Winter Park back in 1994-1997 it was pretty cool. I always watched the weather for up in Jax and it looks like I would be happier up there, a lot cooler for a more extended time.
Summer season up there back then seemed to be about half of what it has been in recent years in SoFla. Many folks forget how hot it was here into early December last fall. Jeez up in Longwood the A/C was off for almost eight months prior to this climate change of the 2000's. Temps in the 60's or lower at night starting in late Sept lasting into mid May

Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 PM

296 posts, read 644,863 times
I am ready for the warm up , 30's every morning and its march. I am ready for it to feel like Florida again myself, some people will like this though, because the heat is right around the corner, be glad when it gets here.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:56 AM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
Its amazing what a diiference of 70 miles makes. Notice how much milder it is in Orlando than in Citrus County where my folks live
Orlando Weather Forecast and Conditions FL
Hernando Weather Forecast and Conditions FL

Old 03-05-2010, 05:04 AM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
42 in Winter Park right now, the coldest time of the day. So much for all the scare tactics of freezing temps, destruction, and devastation that the Orlando weather/scaremen like to predict.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:05 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
Its amazing what a diiference of 70 miles makes. Notice how much milder it is in Orlando than in Citrus County where my folks live
That's what I do, I look at the weather differences from down here in Estero, up to the Jacksonville area, and points between. Florida is a long state though. From here it can be say 70, but over by Okeechobee it can be 50... And jacksonville 40.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
It was 25 earlier and is 29 now where I am south of Hernando. Even in this cold weather the heat island effect has a big impact and why Orlando is usually a bit warmer.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:53 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I'll take the heat of Florida anyday to shoveling and plowing the 100 foot long driveway...uphill.
It is so nice to be able to go out each day without freezing......To be able to stroll around in a decent temperature. I'd take the heat anytime over the cold. I can always cool off in a pool or the ocean. Everyone in SC is calling it the worst winter ever...........too cold.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:37 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,401,157 times
I hope this winter is finally over in the next few days. Bring onthe thunderstorms and 90 degree heat, I'm so sick of this cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida