Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 02:38 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Hey that's so cool! God works in strange ways my friend! He knew we were good for each other! Happy Anniversary my friend!!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:52 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
NMS, what a great break for you! A ham bone makes wonderful ham and bean soup. I love to make mine with Great Northern Beans, potatoes, onions, celery and a little chopped, canned tomato. Yummy!
When they say "semi-boneless", that means you will get a shank bone or similar sized bone, but not the entire joint. A boneless ham has the bone removed, but nearly as much flavor and not much chance of that next great dinner with the ham bone.

If you don't like ham and bean soup, the bone makes a wonderful broth for ham, green beans, wedged potatoes and some onion. Always one of our family favorites with a nice crusty bread for sopping up the broth from the plate. Another winner for us PA Dutch folks.

Hey, Gem! Thanks...but you can't have my ham bone. It'll get used for home made baked beans (can't use bacon anymore due to DH's cholesterol issues). Maybe next time. I was just ticked because we paid for lots of meat and got lots of bone instead. And I was being a smart a&& about the boneless vs. semi. You know me.

Oh, and I like to make veggie soup w/ham bone, too. Yum! Love that broth. You're right - ya gotta have that bone for the best flavor.

Busy day today, maybe later I'll go back and read all the chatting you folks have done! No dinner tonight - you got it, our favorite AYCE place strikes again!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:55 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Well dinner is easy tonight. Wife is getting a chicken, some carrot salad to go along with some cukes for dinner. No cooking involved. We both have had a bad day so having a Publix on her way home is a very good thing.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Tonight I think will be just a little pasta later on.

Tomorrow is forecast to be the coldest day of our current cold-snap, tomorrow night's beef shanks are happily bubbling away, with thyme and rosemary among other things they smell

Old 11-21-2008, 03:16 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default One Function, One Postponement

I've got a church-related function tonight. Once there, we'll be having fried and grilled chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, corn, salad, and numerous desserts, one of which I'll be planning to bring. I've picked up a very reliable package of store-baked lemon cake, already sliced, from Tom Thumb grocery, and it is wonderful.

Now, an update on this weekend from the case44 newsroom. I have to go in to work on Sunday in a pinch, so I'm postponing my previously-mentioned shrimp gumbo until the following weekend. That was something I've waited for, but will now have to wait longer. I'm looking forward to making it, though.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:18 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
It's going to be a cold night so we're going to hunker down at home and cook with stuff on hand.

I'm going to make a Thai dish with Soba (buckwheat) noodles with peanut sauce (soy sauce, peanut butter, hot chili oil, brown sugar, vinegar, fresh garlic, ginger, hot water) and a fruit salad (apple, pear, banana, cinnamon).

A bit of red wine followed by some hot tea and a good book.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:18 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Tonight I will be pan grilling some salmon filets and making rice and zuchinni for the vegetable. I best be doing it about now!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,170 times
Spaghetti sauce is done. Not used to my new pressure cooker and almost burned it, but saved it just in time! Used to have an electric one which was great, but it broke, so this time I got stove top kind thinking it can't break. Now I realize how easy it was with the electric one that I can program everything. Oh, well, I'll get used to it. My oldest (pasta hating punk) said he needs to drop 2 pounds to make his wrestling weight class, so he is not eating meatball sandwich. I hate it when he does that. Kid is like 5'7" and weighs 114lbs, he wants to be 112lbs for the match. He is naturally lean and 114-115 is his normal weight, so it's not like he's starving himself, but not like he has to lose any weight at all. I'll be making him some veggies and chicken from last night and some smoothie with bunch of fruit and yogurt after he comes home from his practice.

I love spaghetti, I can eat it everyday!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:23 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Same here-pasta is my downfall.

Sausages cooking and veggies chopped.

Keep warm all.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well dinner is easy tonight. Wife is getting a chicken, some carrot salad to go along with some cukes for dinner. No cooking involved. We both have had a bad day so having a Publix on her way home is a very good thing.
Take it easy, rest up - hope the weekend brings good news and better days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink