Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Oh CrazyW-that's beyond OCD, there's lots of rudeness and lack of couth measured in-LOL.

Bite your tongue today-I'd have to.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
"Why Bless your little heart"

(thats southern isnt it?)
Well ya got it almost southern elston. The correct way to make it down south southern is this:

"Why Bless your little pea pickin heart"

Not that's the way it is formally southern.

Now with all this southern talk we may need a southern supper. First thing coming to mind is fried okra. For greens it may have to be a bag of frozen collards as it's still way to hot for any local fresh grown. For meat a pork chop sure sounds good. All this is subject the way the wind blows today as I've not conspired with the Mrs. yet for her input and I know she has some chicken in the freezer that should be used soon.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well ya got it almost southern elston. The correct way to make it down south southern is this:

"Why Bless your little pea pickin heart"

Not that's the way it is formally southern.

Now with all this southern talk we may need a southern supper. First thing coming to mind is fried okra. For greens it may have to be a bag of frozen collards as it's still way to hot for any local fresh grown. For meat a pork chop sure sounds good. All this is subject the way the wind blows today as I've not conspired with the Mrs. yet for her input and I know she has some chicken in the freezer that should be used soon.
I remember "Tennessee Ernie Ford blessing your little pea pickin' heart"
and I think George Gobel had some reference to pea pickers ;

What I like about the "bless your little heart" remark is its utility for softening and making a harsh remark acceptable......for example....."That is the ugliest baby I have ever seen!-----Bless his little heart." or "Girl, you look like you gained 20 pounds since I saw you last.........bless your little heart." I am told that if you say it right it works to make the preceding comment totally acceptable.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:22 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:

What I like about the "bless your little heart" remark is its utility for softening and making a harsh remark acceptable......for example....."That is the ugliest baby I have ever seen!-----Bless his little heart." or "Girl, you look like you gained 20 pounds since I saw you last.........bless your little heart." I am told that if you say it right it works to make the preceding comment totally acceptable.
I think I'll leave that one to you to research. I have a knack for putting my foot where it serves little use...(in my mouth).

Old 09-27-2008, 08:25 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I sent both Kshe95 and Nic a DM asking if they are ok and to let them know they are missed here. It has been over a month to a month and a half since either has posted on the forum anywhere! Maybe they are both very busy---I also hope all is going well with them. Hopefully they will check in with us!
Hope they are doing OK and just having too much fun elsewhere!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
George Gobel had one of the best lines I ever heard. He was sitting with some of the great stars of the day, ... I think it was Johnny Carson, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr and Frank Sinatra ... and he said "I feel like a brown shoe in a world full of tuxedos".

Good morning everyone ... and bon apetit!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:28 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
You can usually speak the truth about someone if you say it with a smile on your face. Supper tonite depends on whether my roommate's "Mommy Dearest" is still here.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
MB2 so good to see you....
Same here, my friend.....same here!
Been just really, really busy with work....and being newly PROMOTED to Asst. Meat Manager now.
Some days, I WISH someone would cook for me....*sigh*....but, if I want to come home to a house, I better not let my dear hubby do it, because he will burn water....ROTFL.

Quote:
have a Bridal Shower today which I am dreading. This is a bride with OCD who even picked her own date for her shower. The bad thing is she is marrying my nephew. (Sorry I'm bad).
Nope, you are not bad....LOL.
It just goes to show you, that you can't pick and chose your relatives, nor make them pick and chose who they will hook up with!

Quote:
.... she set up a website ...she could not invite everyone ....anyone wanted to come .... 58.00 per person.
My nephew made her take it down.
...... Love is blind.
Arrrgggghhhh....how distasteful and tacky !
But, for all it's worth, I guess at least your nephew has some sort of "manners" and conscious, making her take it down.
Yes, love is blind....until you get new glasses, or wake up.....LOL.

Quote:
I am doing this for my sister and brother in law
Yeah, the sacrifices one makes for the dear family.
And, having a perfectly great Saturday ruined....LOL.
I would stick close by the buffet and food....that's where the bride-to-be is usually staying (or at least trying) to stay away from....ROTFL!
So, that spot will be your "safe haven" from her, while you are there.

You better tell us, what kind of food was there, how it looked, and how it went.
Remember, we are all nosy 'round here.....LOL.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:07 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
I'll let you know.

I have a huge family that is another problem because she only has 9 members in her family. When we all want to get together other than a wake or funeral we have to rent a hall. There are about 150 of us and still counting. No problem there......she gave my sister a bill for $1600.00. Her share to pay for her side of the family if they want to eat. And it goes on and on.
They should have eloped.

Not my kids. No problem avoiding.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:30 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Quote:
Such a wonderful tour, I so enjoyed it! Thanks for taking us along! The B&B sounds great! Is Doors Co in Michigan....the upper peninusla? It really sounds lovely.

We had a frequent poster from the Maine forum recently move back there and he compared it with Northern Maine.

Again, Thanks. (My reps are locked up; I gave too many out in past 24 hrs.)
Door County is in Wisconsin, but you can see Michigan from there; when the sun sets, if you look across Green Bay, you can just barely see lights on the distant shore, and they're in Michigan. Folks think of Michigan as being shaped like a left mitten, which is true, but Wisconsin also looks a bit like a mis-shapen left mitten, and Door County is the thumb. It's hilly, scenic and very rural, with simply astounding views of Green Bay (off the west coast of the peninsula) and Lake Michigan (off the eastern side). It has become very much a vacation destination for folks all through the Midwest - we saw as many license plates from Illinois and Minnesota as we did from Wisconsin - and there are parts of the peninsula that are very, very touristy, but it's still a beautiful place to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink