Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 04:55 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,790 times

Advertisements

ok, so here's what I did - I breaded and sauteed the cutlets in bread crumbs in olive oil.

Cooked elbow noodles for 4 mins.
Put them in casserole dish covered with 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can of water
covered with bread crumbs

put the sauteed chicken cutlets on top - pop in oven on 400 for 30 mins

my fingers are crossed that it turns out good lol

Old 02-28-2008, 05:19 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Well hubby saved the day for me and is bringing home pizza so I don't have to wrack my brain any longer. Woo Hoo. No cooking for me today.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
ok, so here's what I did - I breaded and sauteed the cutlets in bread crumbs in olive oil.

Cooked elbow noodles for 4 mins.
Put them in casserole dish covered with 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can of water
covered with bread crumbs

put the sauteed chicken cutlets on top - pop in oven on 400 for 30 mins

my fingers are crossed that it turns out good lol
I am sure it will be wonderful!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
I'll have some leftover chicken French style with green beans, mushrooms and tomatoes served with rice and hubby will get some leftover lentil soup.

Have a great Friday all!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:36 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I was reading your post outloud to my hubbie and he said: "Boy, that sounds good". Maybe you could write out exactly how you make this--you know--I'm the step-by-step domestically challenged person? I'd love to give it a try. I know it sounds simple reading it but once I try preparing it I'm going to get stressed out that I'm doing something wrong. Please....
easy to do... here goes.. I prefer bratwurst cooked on the grill but last night I did them in a frying pan with a little olive oil. When brats are almost done add slivered onions and bell peppers and sliced mushrooms to pan and finish cooking (until veggies are a little soft). Place brats into prepared hoagie roll,
garnish with veggie mixture, serve with fried potatoes and red cabbage on the side. Hope you enjoy ( my DS loves this)

Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
easy to do... here goes.. I prefer bratwurst cooked on the grill but last night I did them in a frying pan with a little olive oil. When brats are almost done add slivered onions and bell peppers and sliced mushrooms to pan and finish cooking (until veggies are a little soft). Place brats into prepared hoagie roll,
garnish with veggie mixture, serve with fried potatoes and red cabbage on the side. Hope you enjoy ( my DS loves this)
Yummy

Nicolem

Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 AM

214 posts, read 270,716 times
Put the chicken in hot sauce marinating over night. Tonight its country friend chicken, home made mashed potatos, and corn on the cob. Don't do fried foods to much but sometimes you just gotta have fried chicken...lol

Old 02-29-2008, 07:46 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,790 times
Good morning everyone! The chicken casserole I made last night was a big hit. Everyone loved it. I personally think the noodles were too dry - so next time I'll add a bit more water to the mix. And - I'll be adding some more spices to it. But it was a great first timer. Thanks all for the encouragement!

Tonite - no meat - so we'll be having Shrimp - probably with alfredo.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Thank you so much! It's in my file now!!

To those of you who have had this stomache problem lately..how long does this bugger last? I mean I'm not terribly sick just not feeling great. Not bad enough to stay in bed but not good enough to get things done. Ugh!! It's 3 days now so it can go away anytime now

Nic...I am so proud of you making this dish out of just what you had on hand and the help of those here. You'll be a chef before you know it!!

Old 02-29-2008, 08:08 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Will have this chicken meat cut into small slices French style with green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, herb sauce and rice to go with it.

I hate to keep asking what probably sounds like silly questons to most here but again MMom--it's me, the cooking challenged person! Would you mind telling me how much and in what order you do this recipe? It really sounds yummy and pretty easy to me and that's my kind of meal. Please??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink