Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Morning all-Poor VP I sympathize w/you. It's so hard to keep focused on a diet when we're all talking good food here.

Mikens-I'm know as "Miss NY" out here with my accent.

MTH-hope the concert was fantastic-sure it was.

Elston and Kelsie-you are both so lucky. I hate my electric smooth top and if we weren't planning on selling I'd replace it in a heartbeat.

Wait til Cyn gets back and has to catch up!!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,164 times
Geez..everyone sounds like they have so many good things going on in their lives.!! Great to hear good news no matter what the subject. (I love this thread) We are expecting an offer on our house today! Been on the market almost 8 months. If we accept it will open up a completely different can of worms. We have 5 other properties here in Fl. that we would really like to sell
because we will be heading to the Seattle area and Fl is to far away to do a good job over managing the rentals.(repairs, etc). So we will have to somehow deal with that. Then there is my Father who has lived alone since we lost my mother 5 years ago.He wants to come with us (so he says) but the market is so soft right now it will be hard to convince him to leave his home with an agent and come on up with us. Also my son Graduates this June and I will not move until that happens. Couldn't hardly sleep last night with so much on my mind. My DS volunteered to cook tonight. He used to work at a local chicken joint called Danny's and loved their "chicken finger "dinners. So tonight he is going to give it a shot at home. I should encourage him cook more often!!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Good morning all! Beef stew is on the menu. My youngest daughter is flying in tonight and has requested "mom's beef stew". She doesn't get in until 10:30 P.M. and we probably won't get back home until midnight, but she doesn't care!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:39 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Congrats with all the good news everyone! Wish I could say the same with me. Found out last week that my teaching job is in jeopardy because of budget cuts so I am looking for another position in other districts.......stressful!!

Anyway, cooking is always something to look forward too, although tonight is tamales and green chile night from our corner new mexican joint.......

Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Congrats with all the good news everyone! Wish I could say the same with me. Found out last week that my teaching job is in jeopardy because of budget cuts so I am looking for another position in other districts.......stressful!!

Anyway, cooking is always something to look forward too, although tonight is tamales and green chile night from our corner new mexican joint.......
My fingers are crossed for you! I am currently out of work and cooking helps me to destress at times. I have to be careful so the pounds don't add up!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 AM

So much going on with you all!!!

DayTripper-best of luck with the house.

Denise-enjoy the visit with your daughter.

Highlands-hope all works out well with your job.

VP-will be packing for Vegas soon.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Lacey--thank you, I love cooking with gas. When you come down here you will just have to get a gas range.
Elston--our ranges do sound very similar. I can vision you making some great chowders and stews in that "calm" Maine winter.
Daytripper--one deep breath at a time, everything will work out and you will be able to relax. Seattle is gorgeous, my cousin lives there. I took a trip out 6 years ago.
Denise--have a great visit with your daughter. Can you cyber some of your stew to me please.
vp--good luck in your diet. I eat every 2 1/2-3 hrs. little meals and you lose the weight. When are you leaving for Vegas?

How do you clean SS, I haven't a clue.

I think we are going to go out tonight. We usually bring food to the GM and the cook from our home for them to eat. Last week we brought 2 half trays of homemade baked ziti for "server appreciation day"lol, they ate it all up.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Those little Goya Sazon packets are pretty good. They'll fix anything.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:38 AM

Kelsie that is so nice. I do that when I make cheesecakes - always bring one to our "Cheers" place for the wait-staff to enjoy.

I had gas ranges for all these years til moving here-we could get one as we have gas heat but can't see doing it now. Electric is fine for baking but hate the elec. cooktop.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 AM

VP-when we go back to NJ I always stock up on Goya Sazon, anchovy paste and tomato paste in the tube. Amazing what you can't find in some parts of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink