Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 05:58 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,411,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Where do you find halal pepperoni? Is it all beef?
Yes, it's beef. There are stores that sell halal products in my state. This one is made by "nema" foods. That brand makes a lot of halal meat sausage, hotdogs etc. They also have website where I order meat sometimes. The good thing is that they have free-range chicken free of antibiotics etc that's also halal. I just get the halal stuff for the hubby. I'm sure it's chock full of hormones, so I try not to eat too much of the red meat.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
I gotta tell you guys....... HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I made my broiled london broil tonight that had been marinating in MOJO as per Lacey's suggestion.

A W E S O M E!

I'm sooooo tired these last couple of days......doctors, dentist, pets, laundry, cooking, working.... Another week and I'm taking 2 weeks off! To do what????? PAINT! on top of everything else

Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
They say people eat with their eyes first, even if all tastes chocolate!! Peanut butter balls are a favorite at my house, but don't think I could eat a blue one The sugar cookies sound divine...would even be gorgeous if poked a hole before baking and tied a ribbon or such for an ornament with that lavendar drizzle
I actually prefer the blues ones now too. We have used red shoe string licorice on the snowflake cookies before so it is all edible. We used a bit of icing to secure the ends on the back side.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,455,589 times
I'm feeling better, so I ate an entire box of Annie's Mac & Cheese tonight. *Burp!*

Old 12-11-2008, 09:20 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
15 bean soup, bread, fresh fruit

I kind of look like the little blue guy right now. It seems I decided to slice a little bit off of the end of my thumb while slicing the onions with my new really sharp knife. I have a big, fat, padded up thumb bandage. Like that LOL

Old 12-11-2008, 09:43 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Tsk tsk tsk Gerania somebody failed to teach you proper knife techniques? I hope your thumb recovers well.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Well dinner is ready... waiting for hub to get home...he is stuck on that parking lot they call a "freeway" ha ha! I snuck a beet in Be back let ya know how it turned out..
You BEET-SNEAKER, you!!!!! LOL
Quote:
If this is the same doctor where she got the flu shot, after running away down the hall, hiding under a chair, and having to be dragged kicking and screaming back to the examining room, I somehow don't think you'd need to tell him anything at all. I suspect he's already figured it out, and now is considering the possibility of giving YOU a scrip for some tranquilizers!
Ummm..........
Quote:
But, you're going to leave the plate out of the nuker this time, right???
Oh wow.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
15 bean soup, bread, fresh fruit

I kind of look like the little blue guy right now. It seems I decided to slice a little bit off of the end of my thumb while slicing the onions with my new really sharp knife. I have a big, fat, padded up thumb bandage. Like that LOL
PICTURES!!!!!!!! WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!! LOL Just kidding! Welcome and sorry you hurt yourself! Your meal does sound divine though!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Tsk tsk tsk Gerania somebody failed to teach you proper knife techniques? I hope your thumb recovers well.
Know, yeah I know. But did I do that? Noooo, I was in to much of a hurry.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
We had leftover mocha chicken & polenta for dinner, with some brussel sprouts.

I am already wondering what I should start defrosting for tomorrow's dinner...

Amber - What a thoughtful, generous and loving thing to do.

Huck - The retirement celebration sounds like fun.

Lisa - Pretty containers filled with money is a very clever idea. I have to remember that one for the kiddos.

Elston - I agree about teaching charity. Isn't that really what the holidays are about? Learning to save is also a very important lesson.

MTH - To me, that is when snow is really the best... Enough to go out and play in and then it disappears. Sounds like you are having a blast with the snow, the Space Shuttle... Great pics, btw. Thanks!

{{{HighlandsGal}}} - OMG, what a day! I'm so sorry. You certainly deserve to rant.

Burdell - I'm originally from the NY metro area and never heard of an "Italian hot dog". We didn't even call the dogs hot dogs, we called them frankfurters, "franks" for short - as in, "I'll have two franks with mustard and sauerkraut". Maybe it's a NJ thing?

Kats - I either cook the ribs all day in the crockpot with some sort of sauce or liquid or I cook them by boiling first before baking or grilling. They always come out tender since I don't have to worry about undercooking them either way then.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Good morning all couldn't sleep so what better place to come to.

Kats-I always put a bunch of country ribs in my spaghetti "gravy"-low and slow for 5 hrs. they are so delicious and just fall apart.

CheyDee-I think they are a NJ thing. The only frank I like is the old dirty water dog from the truck or cart-covered in onions and mustard.

We're having leftover pork roast tonight. Heading to the store later to get meatloaf making stuff as they're calling for over a foot of snow starting tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink