Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 08:48 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Have I ever mentioned that I'm married to a really nice guy?

Had the daughter's friend and her sig-other join us, and we had a grand time laughing and joking together. It's always amusing to watch a couple in the early stages of their relationship, especially so when we can tell that they're just as amused by watching the "cute old codgers" that we've become in the past few decades. We're really just a couple of semi-reformed old hippies, and the youngsters are always hugely amused when they figure that out.
Your descriptions of your family home are so warm and cosy, it must be such a great place to spend time - I know you work long hours but you sure pack a lot of pleasure into your evenings!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'm dreaming of a fudgy Christmas.......................
LOL !!!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
I wound up just smothering the chicken cutlets in BBQ sauce and baking them in the oven, along with sweet potato fries. Then I slapped the cutlets on egg twist rolls. Nothing like a double carb fix.

When I tried the Panko, it was so bland I wound up pouring sweet and sour sauce over mine and DH took out the ketchup for his. Maybe because I baked it instead of fried? Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions.

Nik - Thank you for the link. I will definitely experiment next time.

Debsi - Have you tried Cindi's Deli? There is one on Campbell & Coit, which should be right near you. She always had good food, ie pastrami and corned beef, as well as "real" bagels, although it's been some time since I've been there. She has other locations in Dallas, too. http://www.cindisnydeli.com/index.shtml

Lisa - There is little worse than dental pain. I'm so sorry you're having it and hope you feel better soon. Re: Panko. I found it in the regular supermarket, in the Asian food isle. The brand that is here is in a cellophane package, not a can like bread crumbs, so I almost missed it. LOL about pigs flying.

Lacey - Forget Christmas dinner - just pass the cannoli cake.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
hey all.. I am tired.. Got another fudge done. More cookies to do.. Worked hard today Lots of customers. I love being busy! When I get home it is another story. Dinner I did not cook.. I miss cooking when I work Not to worry I am with high spirits. I want to tell you all thank you for making this a fun safe place I can come and enjoy and vent (when need be). It means alot. I think it means alot to most of us on here Night.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:12 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
hey all.. I am tired.. Got another fudge done. More cookies to do.. Worked hard today Lots of customers. I love being busy! When I get home it is another story. Dinner I did not cook.. I miss cooking when I work Not to worry I am with high spirits. I want to tell you all thank you for making this a fun safe place I can come and enjoy and vent (when need be). It means alot. I think it means alot to most of us on here Night.
I'm glad you come here and entertain us to with all your great dinner expertise.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Good morning all-for some reason my eyes opened and refused to close again at 4AM-so what better place to come than here.

Southdown-looks great and some lucky people will be receiving you fudge.
Amber-It sure is a great place-thanx to your Mom.
MWBW-hope your snow isn't what we got and I love your posts-I feel like I'm sitting at your table.
YLisa-hope that tooth feels better today.
Noma-hope you got some sleep! Or are you travelling to SouthD's house?
VPCats-your sense of humor is so great.
Jaxson-isn't that always the way!
JimJ-hunker down and get creative with those eggs.
CheyDee-nothing as decadent as cannoli cake.
Everyone have a wonderful day-we have to fill the fridge and prepare for coming storms thru the weekend.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:50 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Morning Lacey I am awake as well. I seem to can't sleep when I "think" there is going to be a 2 hour school delay. Sure enough we have one I don't know why the schools can't get the word out the night before when it is obvious there will be a delay. At the concert last night some parents were saying they bet our school would try to go on time because of semester exams. But when car doors are frozen shut in less than 45 minutes I think if I were super I would have made the announcement we would delay last night.

Now I am waiting on my great nephews that my DD babysits for in the mornings to get here so I can let them in.

Think it is time to go have some toast.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Jaxson from what I understand out here the teacher's union has a built in in their contracts for a 2 hr. delay every quarter.

And with the ice you had last night that would've been a no-brainer for the Supt.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Good Morning all! Well I've been out sweeping "global warming" from my deck in our +5 degree heat wave thinking about what to do for dinner and trying to get motivated to start the chocolate ravioli process for this weekend since you can freeze them. The kid chef is cooking the main course of Stuffed Shells w/marinara and Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken and Garlic Bread.
Great they just came on the news on upgraded us to a winter storm warning with a foot possible and around 0 deg to -5 for the next few days...

Maybe it's time to try bagels again! Last time I had "forming" issues so the poking your finger through a dough ball sounds pretty good, the forming a string and joining the ends didn't work so well for me.
I've got plenty of malt syrup left so what the heck, too cold to go out anyway...

Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,103 times
Well I made a pot of veggie soup yesterday but we ate out while we were finishing up our christmas shopping.

So we'll have it tonight. Kind of boring but on a cold night a hot bowl of soup will be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.