Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 05:24 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,875,542 times

Advertisements

that is vey funny Elston....a cute inside joke

Diva is sick- YET again! Taking her in for a strep test today.... she has had a really raw throat and is now throwing up. Cold symptoms and everything.... Not too nice.... poor kid... so she is obviously staying home

Tonight is Meatless Friday- hubby lost some checks- $70!!!! That I found under a dresser- LONG story... I told him he was taking us out... Now it looks like we are getting TAKE OUT.... I think fish fry... I love a good Fish Fry in Lent....

OK... I am heading back up to my Diva.... she is waking up.... have a good day all.....

Old 03-20-2009, 05:44 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times

SPRING is HERE!

Old 03-20-2009, 05:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post

Diva is sick- YET again! Taking her in for a strep test today.... she has had a really raw throat and is now throwing up. Cold symptoms and everything.... Not too nice.... poor kid... so she is obviously staying home

Tonight is Meatless Friday- hubby lost some checks- $70!!!! That I found under a dresser- LONG story... I told him he was taking us out... Now it looks like we are getting TAKE OUT.... I think fish fry... I love a good Fish Fry in Lent....

OK... I am heading back up to my Diva.... she is waking up.... have a good day all.....
Also nursing a sick kid. I'm glad DH could take the day shift today and that DS is getting better again.
Well, he passed the "desease" on properly. My mom is down on the sofa and I don't have my voice anymore. Even have to pass calls to our secretary because I can't speak Hmm, strange feeling for a chatterbox like me.

Hope Diva will be fine again soon!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,341,326 times
skbs and mm, sorry to hear that you've both got sick kiddos this morning. I remember those days well and don't envy you. It does get better as they grow up, I promise.

So I told the spouse about the requests for the recipe for last night's dinner, and he very obliging typed it up for me to pass along. Said he watched someone making it on a TV show, but they didn't post the recipe; he just re-created it from watching. For a fifty-something couple who tries not to eat too much in the evening, this was a perfect complete meal, but if our kids were over, I'd probably serve it as a side dish.

Haluski for Twoski, courtesy of Mr. BookWorm

8 oz Egg Noodles
4 Strips of Bacon
2 C shredded cabbage (1/4 head medium)
1 C chopped onions (2 small)
1 C sliced mushrooms (4 oz)
2 Tbs. oil
2 Tbs. butter

Chop bacon small and fry until crispy. Drain and put aside.

Put oil in pan with bacon fond [the brown crispy stuff left in the pan]. Fry for about 3 minutes or until they’ve changed color.

Add butter to pan. When melted add shredded cabbage and chopped onions. Stir, then cover and allow to steam/fry. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally.

Boil 2 quarts salted water. Put noodles in boiling water and cook according to package directions.

When vegetables are starting to brown, return bacon to pan. Stir in. Drain noodles and stir into veggie bacon mixture. Serve hot.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:37 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,024,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post

I hope that you daughter feels better soon! Poor little thing, tell that we are hoping that she is soon feeling well.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,749,517 times
Good Morning all.if I may go off topic for just a second to wish you all a Happy Spring!
I am so excited

Old 03-20-2009, 06:39 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
MWBW-now I remember-it was Martha Stewart's Everyday Food on PBS!

SKBS hope Diva mends quickly.

It's snowing here in So Jersey!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
It's snowing here in So Jersey!!!!!!!!!!

Just making sure you feel at home.....................

Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,024,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
skbs and mm, sorry to hear that you've both got sick kiddos this morning. I remember those days well and don't envy you. It does get better as they grow up, I promise.

So I told the spouse about the requests for the recipe for last night's dinner, and he very obliging typed it up for me to pass along. Said he watched someone making it on a TV show, but they didn't post the recipe; he just re-created it from watching. For a fifty-something couple who tries not to eat too much in the evening, this was a perfect complete meal, but if our kids were over, I'd probably serve it as a side dish.

Haluski for Twoski, courtesy of Mr. BookWorm

8 oz Egg Noodles
4 Strips of Bacon
2 C shredded cabbage (1/4 head medium)
1 C chopped onions (2 small)
1 C sliced mushrooms (4 oz)
2 Tbs. oil
2 Tbs. butter

Chop bacon small and fry until crispy. Drain and put aside.

Put oil in pan with bacon fond [the brown crispy stuff left in the pan]. Fry for about 3 minutes or until they’ve changed color.

Add butter to pan. When melted add shredded cabbage and chopped onions. Stir, then cover and allow to steam/fry. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally.

Boil 2 quarts salted water. Put noodles in boiling water and cook according to package directions.

When vegetables are starting to brown, return bacon to pan. Stir in. Drain noodles and stir into veggie bacon mixture. Serve hot.
It reminds me a bit of Colcannon and/or Champ, but that has mashed taters instead of noodles.
Irish Colcannon mixes boiled chpped cabbage in creamy mashed potatoes and serves it with a well of melted butter in the middle. As you eat you dip each forkful into the butter (replenish butter as necessary)....Champ is a mixture of mashed potatoes, cabbage or kale and leeks mixed together......both of these sound like ways to get a meal out of what ya have on hand if you live on an Irish farm.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:00 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,971,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

SPRING is HERE!

YES, where's the sun?! It's SNOWING!

Homemade pizza for dinner tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink