Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 11:54 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times

Advertisements

I wasn't very hungry today so I had a toasted bagel with cream cheese and Strawberry Preserves.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:25 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Responding to Aiangel_writer, "I was watching Paula Deen today and she had a cheddar cheese soup that looked wonderful, thinking of that with maybe a hot roast beef n cheddar melt??? What do you guys think?"

IMHO:

the cheese soup sounds wonderful and I do love Paula Deen's recipes....but I think that also putting cheese on the roast beef sandwich is "gilding the lily"..... too much of a good thing. I would do roast beef sandwiches with lettuce and tomato...to balance the creamy goodness of the soup....sometimes "less is more".

a spoonful of soup.....then a bite of sandwich that cleanses the palate for more soup. That is how I would do it.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
I have the start of one of my headaches... thought I got rid of it... dratz

If it decides to hang out the whole day I think I will just be picking up the phone and making a pizza magically appear at my door...

Old 09-04-2008, 05:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I hear ya. Dh and son have an upper respitory infection that I HOPE I do not catch. Tommorrow night is a meeting night, so I was watching Paula Deen today and she had a cheddar cheese soup that looked wonderful, thinking of that with maybe a hot roast beef n cheddar melt??? What do you guys think?
I'd do the soup with some toasted garlic bread or crustini's with tomato,basil and olive oil as the side.

Hmmm, now there's an idea for tonight.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Aiangel-agree with Elston-too much cheese would be overkill.

SKBS-feel better.

Tonight we'll be going to "Cheers" but taking a page from Burdell-tomorrow it'll be pepper/egg subs.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:01 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
As how I was a cream cheese addict before I could talk I must try this. It's going in the book. Thank you ever so much. Even an old dog like me like new things when chocolate is involved ya know. Now I do hope pecans will do as I don't really care for walnuts. I can eat them I just like pecans better.
You are going top love this recipe! It is to die for! Amber is right in saying pecans will do just fine. This is a recipe we have had in our family for years and is still a favorite. I don't make it to often because it makes so much that, with just two of us, I end up eating most of it! And I can!! It's one of those deserts that although rich, you can't just eat a little!! It is my very favorite dessert of all times!! Although when I prepare this I have always used one small package of vanilla instant pudding mix and one small package chocolate instant pudding mix. That's why it's called Cho. Vin. dessert! Amber must have put her own twist to the recipe! Not at all unusual! Ha! I am sure either way is wonderful. Never tried the all chocolate!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 09-04-2008 at 07:07 AM..

Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
We have football practice and a soccer meeting tonight so I am making chicken and dumplings this afternoon then putting it in the crockpot to keep warm until we get home

Old 09-04-2008, 07:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Tonight will be BBQ--beating any storm that may end up here! Ha! Pork chops, sweet potatoes, baked apples and the sliced tomatoes and cucumbers! Just checked my sweet potatoes and they are rotten! I will pick up some more today. I just bought those and they were supposedly fresh! Is it ok to put them in the fridge? So many veggies seem to spoil so much quicker here then in CA. Maybe cause it's humid here in NC?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Tonight will be BBQ--beating any storm that may end up here! Ha! Pork chops, sweet potatoes, baked apples and the sliced tomatoes and cucumbers! Just checked my sweet potatoes and they are rotten! I will pick up some more today. I just bought those and they were supposedly fresh! Is it ok to put them in the fridge? So many veggies seem to spoil so much quicker here then in CA. Maybe cause it's humid here in NC?
I find sweet potatoes go rotten very quickly, so I usually buy them the day I plan to use them. I had the same trouble with rotten 'taters in california.

When I was in Alabama everyone grew their own "yams" and kept them in a box with out any trouble......I thnk it has to do with whether or not they were sun dried before storage.

When I wanted to grow a sweet potato vine I was told that lots of the ones in supermarkets won't spout because they have been heat cured......but they sure do go rotten quickly.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are going top love this recipe! It is to die for! Amber is right in saying pecans will do just fine. This is a recipe we have had in our family for years and is still a favorite. I don't make it to often because it makes so much that, with just two of us, I end up eating most of it! And I can!! It's one of those deserts that although rich, you can't just eat a little!! It is my very favorite dessert of all times!! Although when I prepare this I have always used one small package of vanilla instant pudding mix and one small package chocolate instant pudding mix. That's why it's called Cho. Vin. dessert! Amber must have put her own twist to the recipe! Not at all unusual! Ha! I am sure either way is wonderful. Never tried the all chocolate!
I've already had an idea or two for a slight modification my self in addition to the pecan change. We shall see. I usually start off with if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of attitude but still I am a tinkerer at heart. I have always liked to play with food more ways than one.

skbs we need you up and going..wishing you the best..

For dinner, h'mm. Ya'll keep posting and maybe something will come out of this monitor and grab me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink