Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 08:08 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,697 times

Advertisements

Morning all....just pouring that first important cup of coffee! I think pork chop with mushroom gravy, rice and steamed broccoli are slated for tonight.
Son is out of college for the holidays.....( more help to work on the mother-in law!) The bedroom is almost done and work on the bathroom is coming along nicely. Can't wait to start on the kitchen and living area and finally be done with all this mess.
Have a good dy all!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:17 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
Younglisa, you can make the meatballs up ahead of time separate them out, and freeze in food saver bags.

4 slices of stale white bread, soaked in milk, cut into pieces
2 lbs fresh pork sausage
1 lb fresh ground round
1 egg
1 c grated Pecorino Romano cheese
10 cloves minced garlic
1 small onion minced
fresh parsley leaves chopped discard stems
1/8 t ea.
Italian seasoning
garlic powder
s/p to taste
bacon fat for frying
flour

Soak bread in milk for about 10 mins., turning to get all sides, wring milk out of bread and tear into small pieces
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients EXCEPT bacon fat and flour
Mix thoroughly--if it seems too dry add another egg
Make into 24 meatballs
Roll in flour
Fry on medium low in bacon fat until browned on all sides, simmer in sauce a few hours

Chicken Parm

Bread chicken, fry until golden on each side with garlic and oo
Put sauce in the bottom of baking dish, add chicken, mozzarella, grated Pecorino Romano, garlic, top with sauce.
Cover with foil. Bake 350 for 1 hr.
On bottom shelf of oven put another baking pan filled half way with water so the bottom of the chicken parm steams & chicken does not dry out.
Can be frozen up to a month.

Enjoy

Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Well back from doc and it's Crohn's for sure. The ileum (1' of small intestine) is no wider than your pinky finger. Options-surgery to remove and reconnect-which would last 5 yrs, increased prednisone or remicade IV treatments every 8 weeks for life. Doctor wants to see him in a month and he wants to see what other options there may be.

No fruit, veggies, beans, nuts, popcorn, mushrooms.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,214,268 times
Morning all, tonight for dinner absolutely no idea. I woke this morning very tired and I think I have the beginnings of a cold. So I imagine that dinner tonight will be something simple. Hopefully inspiration will hit later in the day.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM

7,336 posts, read 2,744,446 times
I haven't been on in a few days so I'm playing catch-up. Nomad, I hope all is well on your end. My mother also fell a few days ago and didn't let me know for a couple of days. You, my friend, need to really take care of yourself...you can't help your son or mother if you are under the weather (I've learned that one the hard way).

Highlands, congratulations on the new house.

Lacey, you and Mr. L are in my thoughts and prayers.

My gosh, that cranberry salsa does sound good. Cyn, when you make it, be sure and take all the seeds and veins out of the pepper. That takes most of the heat and leaves the flavor.

I think tonight will be chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers. Temps today are supposed to be in the mid-70's. Tomorrow we are expecting a high of 48, so tomorrow will be green chile stew and tortillas.

Hope you all have a good day.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Hi all. Took the day off work today.

The 90th birthday party was a big success. I can't remember the last time I saw Grandma look so happy. She loved the Wonder Woman card.
Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday.

Tonight we're having italian sausages and possibly a spinach and rice noodle side dish that is currently percolating in my little grey cells.

I also plan to make mixed spiced nuts for my Christmas gift packages today.

Off to get the groceries now after I get some blood work done. Laters!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:55 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,947,287 times
Lacey.....sorry to hear it is Crohn's Hope his (and yours) spirits are doing okay.

I am back at work today, but wish I was at MY NEW HOUSE putting stuff away. It is really a disaster inside. We had 7 people help us move all day Saturday, and they couldn't believe how much "stuff" we have. We have our loft just about cleaned out and will have to go back and clean it this week. The rest of our evenings will be spent going through boxes and boxes of "stuff" and arranging things. The best part though is our good friend is our realtor and he gave up some of his comission on our sale and with it bought us a 50 inch 1080 HDTV Plasma .... and it comes Saturday! Can't wait for that.

We have to go grocery shopping in a bad way. Dinner last night was salad, and dinner tonight will be salad with two grilled chicken breasts I took from the freezer at our old place yesterday and are defrosting.

By the way, hope are of you who are sick are doing okay. I still am somewhat sick and nighttime is the worst. I haven't slept in my bed or slept through the night yet because of a stupid dry cough that only comes around when I try to sleep.

See ya later!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Wow lacey! That is really limiting what you can cook! Meat and potatoes are okay? No veggies at all? Guess you have to do whatever is necessary and you will and do it well! At least you both know "what" the problem is now to work on how to fix it! Hope today finds you both feeling better!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
Lacey, you know where I am even just to talk.

HG: Congratulations on your new home. Now is not the time for you not to be eating. You know that everything will get done, don't push yourself too much.
You are going to love that tv, ours decided to go "poof" last month and we went out and bout a 42", 1080 hd Samsung. Between that and all of the high end appliances, we definitely did our part to boost the economy.

I will check back later, laundry calls.

Split chicken breasts, broccoli, roasted potatoes for dinner tonight.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM

849 posts, read 1,953,756 times
Lacey, prayers for you and Mr L. I' glad at least you know what it is and what options are available to treat the symptoms. May God give Dr's all the knowledge and skills needed to help Mr. L.

At least you can have meat and potatoes and PASTA! Yay!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.