Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 01:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times

Advertisements

I found a weird looking bug with wings in my French fries from McDonalds.

When he took it back to let them know, they ask if they could "throw it away" for him.
He politely said no, that he wanted to talk to the manager."
Manager was rude, so he dumped the fries on the counter to get his point across, and it happened to be lunch hour so needless to say, the people in line behind him took off and I guess decided they didn't want flying bugs in their fries either.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:41 PM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
My very first day in the US, in-laws had not seen their only child in several years and announced they would take us out for the occasion. Did I prep and primp! Strange place, rather loud and dark; lots of children. Pizza is fine, red please. Rolling eyes for me by MIL. Welcome to the world of Chuck E. Cheese the finest of fine American dining

Old 03-16-2016, 01:57 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times
Default Lao Kitchen

I tried a Lao dish called "Larb" and it was way to hot & peppery , too spicey, made me feel ill just trying to eat it, the sticky rice they gave me was cold and hard too.

I paid for my meal and left, never going back

this was the first time I actually couldnt even eat the food, it was awful.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:09 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
my paternal grandmother's scrambled eggs always had large and numerous bits of egg shell in them, and my mother made us eat them anyway because she didn't want us to make her angry - granny had a bad temper and was known for throwing telephones out windows when she was upset. (I associate granny with shards of glass as well as broken egg shells.)

Old 03-16-2016, 02:13 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I tried a Lao dish called "Larb" and it was way to hot & peppery , too spicey, made me feel ill just trying to eat it, the sticky rice they gave me was cold and hard too.

I paid for my meal and left, never going back

this was the first time I actually couldnt even eat the food, it was awful.
My husband was born in Bangkok and loves that dish! He calls it Laab but some people also call it Larb. I like it, too, but I ask for less spice, I cannot tolerate too much heat/spice. It sounds like maybe the place you tried it at didn't make it very good. That's too bad. And sticky rice should not be cold and hard. Bummer. Sticky rice is some of the best food on the planet when it's made right.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:55 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedyshortsgamer View Post
one time I was eating a sandwich and managed to cut myself and there was blood on my sandwich so I had to throw it away.
The worst ever was this Mexican food I had in Argentina. The owners were from Mexico. It was bland and really greasy. It was pretty gross.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:40 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Our family was stationed in the Philippines back in the 70's. Before heading back to the states our parents gave away and sold lots of our possessions to people we knew instead of shipping them back with us. One thing we gave away was our family dog to our maid who really liked our pet. Two weeks before we left, we had dinner at our maids family's house at her insistence. long story short we were served our dog as part of the meal. This was not meant as an offense to us, just something considered normal in the culture there. Needless to say we were very sad for our pet.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:43 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Our family was stationed in the Philippines back in the 70's. Before heading back to the states our parents gave away and sold lots of our possessions to people we knew instead of shipping them back with us. One thing we gave away was our family dog to our maid who really liked our pet. Two weeks before we left, we had dinner at our maids family's house at her insistence. long story short we were served our dog as part of the meal. This was not meant as an offense to us, just something considered normal in the culture there. Needless to say we were very sad for our pet.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:52 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
This is on the 7th page of this thread and even if there were a billion more pages added on, no other story could be worse than this one. That hurt my heart. I know it was many, many years ago but, today, I'm so sorry for your family... and that poor, poor pup.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:52 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:

so you gave away your family pet,,,,because your maid took to it,,
and on departing, you go to the maid's family for a send off meal,,

and they served your dog???

this would be funny in a sick way if it wasn't your beloved pet,,,,

did you eat your dog?? how was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink