Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 01:42 PM

733 posts, read 852,976 times

Advertisements

For hot weather, "grown up chicken salad."

Take cooked chicken (either boiled or baked, but don't overbake).
Cut into pieces, add salt and pepper
Add in chopped celery, pecans (or your favorite nut, like almonds or walnuts), halved grapes, green onion
Mix it with a bit of sour cream and a bit of mayo, or can even melt cream cheese and add a bit in to the mayo and sour cream
Sometimes we douse it with Ranch

Very tasty

For ground meat, make picadillo and stuff green peppers with it, bake them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 02:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I would suspect that if he's that picky with meat, he's picky with a lot of other ingredients. You're going to be more familiar with those idiosyncrasies than we are.
Not necessarily. My SO doesn't eat pork or meat with bones in it, but those are the only two things he won't eat. I never have a hard time coming up with new things to make for dinner, and even when there are meals with pork in it, I can usually sub something else. But since the OP can't seem to come up with anything to eat besides very basic foods, it does seem like her fiance may be picky with other things.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:51 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
Thanks everyone for your ideas...

Old 05-07-2015, 04:10 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
I seem to rotate these two chicken recipes every week because they're both SO good and SO easy:

Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe : Food Network

Man-Pleasing Chicken | Witty in the City

Old 05-07-2015, 04:51 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
DUMP HIM! Life is too short...
lol...thanks for the laugh!!

the picky eaters don't get better with time,,,

Old 05-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I feel like we eat the same things all the time. My fiance is picky so I am limited to chicken breast and beef. He doesn't eat pork and doesn't eat meat with bone included. (OMG)

I feel like we live off of chicken breast and ground beef. I do through in different kinds of sausages, even pork and he is ok with that.

I am just tired of having spaghetti, chicken tenderloins and salad, chicken parm, and cauliflower crust pizza ALL THE TIME.

Can you guys through some ideas out at me? I do not really make fried foods or battered foods. I will cook in a little bit of olive oil, but that is about it. Trying to eat as healthily as possible these days.

No one is complaining about dinner but I am sick of the same thing all the time. Thank you!!!

=)

here are some different things I do with a breast ,,,you gotta try different things

I am looking for some different things to make for dinner-stuffed-thighs.jpg

I am looking for some different things to make for dinner-img_0462.jpg

from bns chicken breasts,,,

you can

pound out flat with breading,,,and fry

slice thin for stir fry
cut into chunks for kabobs, place on skewers
marinate in a 100 different marinades

grind for ground chicken,,,then add spices for chicken sausage..

slice breasts thin,,and slow cook on gravy,,

make fresh chicken cordon bleus,,

make a pocket and stuff

for beef,,,
keep buying steaks and burgers,,, try different marinades,,,
there's a 100 things to do with beef,,,, It would take me an hour to write,,

keep this in mind,,

its not always about the food,,,sometimes its important how you serve it,,
men are visual

Old 05-07-2015, 05:12 PM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
No meat with bones? That makes things very tough I was going to recommend a great curry goat recipe, but the bones really give that thing flavor. Also, I was going to suggest a solid pernil (Puerto Rican roast pork) recipe, but the no pork in general thing put that out the window. Damn!

Old 05-07-2015, 05:37 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,599,205 times
make a marinade with plain yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, S&P and allspice. Great for chunks of boneless chicken - marinate for about 12 hours, no more than 24. Grill it on skewers with onion chunks and serve it on pita bread with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese dressed in a little olive oil & lemon juice.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:45 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
I would make your fiancee responsible for cooking dinner at least two times a week. For the other days, he needs to help plan the menus. You can log on to allrecipes.com and put in ingredients that he likes and that you have on hand and see what they come up with.

Go to the farmers market, get fresh veggies, put them on the grill with whatever meat. I guarantee that at some point he will eat. I don't play, don't believe in this type of play, and neither should you, jmo.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I would make your fiancee responsible for cooking dinner at least two times a week. For the other days, he needs to help plan the menus. You can log on to allrecipes.com and put in ingredients that he likes and that you have on hand and see what they come up with.

Go to the farmers market, get fresh veggies, put them on the grill with whatever meat. I guarantee that at some point he will eat. I don't play, don't believe in this type of play, and neither should you, jmo.
lol... thanks for the chuckle!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink