Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 11:39 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times

Advertisements

Does he like vegie stuff? Vegie burgers on whole grain rolls w/ a side dish of potato or macaroni salad is a good meal. Morning Star has tons of brands of vegie burgers that are good, really good, not just for vegetarians. You could find a few you will like a lot out of all of their brands.

Old fashioned casseroles like Tuna Noodle or Rice Noodle w/ Italian bread on the side.

You're tired of "spaghetti"; there are tons of different pastas in most grocery chains. You could make the vegie swirly pastas (not sure their proper name) with vegies (sliced zucchini, mushrooms, etc.) added together and topped w/ Grated cheese. French bread on the side.

Or, baked rigatoni. It's good the next day. My husband puts pieces of chicken in it, too, for flavor. Baked ziti.

Vegie Lasagna, you can buy ones that are good or make your own (time consuming though).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 11:48 AM

733 posts, read 853,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I seem to rotate these two chicken recipes every week because they're both SO good and SO easy:

Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe : Food Network

Man-Pleasing Chicken | Witty in the City
Those recipes sound fantastic!

Old 05-08-2015, 11:59 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
I breaded chicken breast with sliced Al odds the other day, baked them in the oven, a few small dabs of butter helped, then a foil tent. We're you to pound them you could pan fry the, with an oil/butter mix.

The latest request is rice-a-roni. I use orzo and basmati.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:15 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
DUMP HIM! Life is too short...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Pik, it might be easier to just get a new fiancé? I have no patience for picky eaters.

When I married my husband he had a few food issues, but he was open to trying new things. Can't you sweet talk him into trying more things...meeting you half way? My DH still won't eat sour cream or cream cheese, but he will eat them hidden in things. He didn't like tuna casserole, or any foods mixed together, but now he's ok with most casseroles.
Thanks everyone! He actually does eat a lot more than he used to, so he will try things. He actually surprises his mother with the things he will eat now, so we are doing much better since we first met.

No new fiance for me. He is so supportive of me and I have never been happier. Besides this pickiness, I could not have picked a better man for myself if I chose from a catalog.

I started making the cauliflower pizza. He had never had cauliflower but knew he didn't like it. He has been eating it and I finally told him what it was. He said he knew it was something different,and that he likes it just fine.

Then there is my son who eats no condiments or sauces or anything like that. These men I tell ya!

Old 05-08-2015, 02:00 PM

11,129 posts, read 9,767,171 times
For heaven's sake, just buy one of those "250 ways to make chicken" cookbooks. "Beef" leaves a lot of room for variation...there are steaks of all shapes and sizes, which of course can be broiled, grilled, cut up and skewered, fried, chicken-fried, stuffed, marinated, sliced and added to stir-fry, sliced and made into stroganoff or fajitas, cooked and cubed into beef pot pie, beef stew, beef burgundy over rice or noodles, there are many roasts that can be roasted, braised, smoked, bbq'd, made into pot roast, sheesh! And I haven't even touched on ground beef.

If you aren't a great cook yet, just buy a simple, basic cookbook. If he won't eat any of this stuff then he needs to cook for himself.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:27 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
For heaven's sake, just buy one of those "250 ways to make chicken" cookbooks. "Beef" leaves a lot of room for variation...there are steaks of all shapes and sizes, which of course can be broiled, grilled, cut up and skewered, fried, chicken-fried, stuffed, marinated, sliced and added to stir-fry, sliced and made into stroganoff or fajitas, cooked and cubed into beef pot pie, beef stew, beef burgundy over rice or noodles, there are many roasts that can be roasted, braised, smoked, bbq'd, made into pot roast, sheesh! And I haven't even touched on ground beef.

If you aren't a great cook yet, just buy a simple, basic cookbook. If he won't eat any of this stuff then he needs to cook for himself.
Sheesh. I cook just fine. I am over 40 years old! I am just stuck in a rut of making the same things and wanted some ideas of what others are making to get out of my rut. Is that such a terrible thing?

Right now my mind isn't in the greatest way when it comes to new ideas. I have RA and fibro and have to take weekly chemo.

Things are just foggy. When I look at other peoples ideas it is easier for me to get ideas or sitch things around...

I can't be the first person in the world to ask this question.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:01 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Sheesh. I cook just fine. I am over 40 years old! I am just stuck in a rut of making the same things and wanted some ideas of what others are making to get out of my rut. Is that such a terrible thing?

Right now my mind isn't in the greatest way when it comes to new ideas. I have RA and fibro and have to take weekly chemo.

Things are just foggy. When I look at other peoples ideas it is easier for me to get ideas or sitch things around...

I can't be the first person in the world to ask this question.

Of course you're not! I understand the whole "rut" thing - I feel that way sometimes too. I hope some of the recipes people have posted here will help give you some ideas. Feel better and take care!

Old 05-08-2015, 03:04 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Well OK, I guess you can keep him. He sounds nice.
I don't have a picky husband, but I still have trouble with ideas for something new. I keep pork, chicken, round steak, T-bones, chicken breasts, and hamburger in the freezer all the time, but I get a little bored with the same old Grilled meat, potato and veg or salad.
Tonight I'm grilling chicken breasts and adding some BBQ sauce. With that I'm making cheese tortellini with olive oil, chopped tomato and Italian herbs, also frozen corn. Really, my biggest issue with the huz is I'm not even hungry, and if it weren't for him I'd have a bowl of cereal at about 9pm, and call it a day.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:34 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I feel like we eat the same things all the time. My fiance is picky so I am limited to chicken breast and beef. He doesn't eat pork and doesn't eat meat with bone included. (OMG)

I feel like we live off of chicken breast and ground beef. I do through in different kinds of sausages, even pork and he is ok with that.

I am just tired of having spaghetti, chicken tenderloins and salad, chicken parm, and cauliflower crust pizza ALL THE TIME.

Can you guys through some ideas out at me? I do not really make fried foods or battered foods. I will cook in a little bit of olive oil, but that is about it. Trying to eat as healthily as possible these days.

No one is complaining about dinner but I am sick of the same thing all the time. Thank you!!!

=)
You can never go wrong with "Impossible cheeseburger pie!

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie Recipe - Food.com

I usually add chopped tomato to it

Old 05-08-2015, 04:13 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,687,436 times
Supercook: recipe search by ingredients you have at home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink