Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:18 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times

Advertisements

I feel like we eat the same things all the time. My fiance is picky so I am limited to chicken breast and beef. He doesn't eat pork and doesn't eat meat with bone included. (OMG)

I feel like we live off of chicken breast and ground beef. I do through in different kinds of sausages, even pork and he is ok with that.

I am just tired of having spaghetti, chicken tenderloins and salad, chicken parm, and cauliflower crust pizza ALL THE TIME.

Can you guys through some ideas out at me? I do not really make fried foods or battered foods. I will cook in a little bit of olive oil, but that is about it. Trying to eat as healthily as possible these days.

No one is complaining about dinner but I am sick of the same thing all the time. Thank you!!!

=)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 09:30 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
Why just ground beef? Use some other cuts and you can make all sorts of stews, stir frys, stroganoff, etc.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:34 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
I do use other cuts, but use that the most.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
365 More Ways to Cook Chicken (365 ways): Melanie Barnard: 9780060171391: Amazon.com: Books

Spoiled Momma's boy?

Old 05-07-2015, 10:48 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times
Seafood

Old 05-07-2015, 10:52 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
You might want to spend some time browsing on Pinterest for inspiration. There are A LOT of options out there. I would suspect that if he's that picky with meat, he's picky with a lot of other ingredients. You're going to be more familiar with those idiosyncrasies than we are.

I would try to identify what it is he doesn't like about certain foods, and that may help open up some options. For example, he apparently doesn't have a religious objection to pork, since he will eat it in sausage form. So does he not like pork because he associates it with the dried out ham steaks that mom used to make? If so, he might enjoy a nicely prepared tenderloin or shredded BBQ (just examples)

Old 05-07-2015, 11:49 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
One of my favorite things to do with chicken breast is slice it in thin strips, soak it in milk for about half an hour in the fridge, then coat it in beaten egg and bread it with a mix of almond meal, coconut flour, and parmesan cheese. Then bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees (longer if you make bigger pieces). You can also use a mix of bread crumbs and almond meal.

Also, there are lots of different seasoning blends to put on chicken before you bake or grill it. I like to buy the little McCormick's bottles that are about $1.50 each.

Will your boyfriend eat fish? I like to make baked breaded swai (with the same almond meal, coconut flour and parmesan coating, skip the milk soak and add some old bay seasoning) and have cauliflower rice on the side.

You can also cook a bunch of chicken breast in the crock pot and shred the meat, then use it for chicken salad, pizza topping, tacos, in casseroles, enchiladas...freeze bags of cooked shredded chicken for quick meals.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:09 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
DUMP HIM! Life is too short...

Old 05-07-2015, 12:32 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
I often broil skinless boneless chicken breasts. I marinate them in low sodium Dale's (I prefer the low sodium Dale's, it has a better taste to me), place them on a tinfoil lined baking sheet, sprinkle with lemon pepper. Turn oven on broil hi, place chicken as close to top broilers as rack will go. Usually about 6 minutes or so on one side, flip chicken and about 5 minutes or so on that side. This is really tender, and I use left overs (if I cook enough) to make chicken spaghetti, chicken casseroles, throw in a salad, etc...

Old 05-07-2015, 12:51 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Well, you don't have to eat the same things, now do you? Pop a chicken breast and a tenderloin on the grill and let him eat the chicken. Or you could debone the steaks before grilling. What about something such as Chinese take out?

Well, with chicken and beef, you can easily make tacos, nachos and enchiladas. Mexican is very much based on chicken and beef. With Chinese, you get tons of options and those are two pretty standard ethnic foods that he will probably eat. Then you could venture into French or maybe Japanese, although Japanese uses more fish than chicken and beef. Go ethnic on the guy for awhile, that might expand his culinary horizons a bit.

If you're getting too outre for him, you could have a familiar old standby available in case he really didn't like what you fixed. You could serve him is reheated chicken parm while you eat whatever else.

Or, you could let him cook for awhile and see what he comes up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink