Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 06:38 PM

23,539 posts, read 24,029,400 times

Advertisements

Potstickers, taquitos, wings, Doritos, Cheetos, Lay's Classic, celery sticks and beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 08:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Default what is on the menu for Superbowl Sunday?

With the special day only a few hours away, well more than just a few: are you going to do anything special or just watch it. Maybe not watch it at all. If you are a fan, what are you serving? We are not doing anything special but I am going to play "make believe" we are going to have our own little party, the two of us. We are having all finger foods: buffalo wings, mini pizzas, veggies and hummus, and fruit kabobs soaked in brandy.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I love finger-foods-only meals! I'd add all the unhealthy stuff, like fried chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, sweet potato fries, maybe some crock pot meatballs or cocktail wienies. But I'm being careful, trying to stay on the straight and narrow.

My favorite store for steaks had a sale on ribeyes this week, bought four bone-in 1.25 in. thick slabs of beefy goodness for $20. Heirloom tomato salad with minced shallots, balsamic and olive oil. That's what we are having - and we will not be watching, don't even know who's playing. We are not fans of the football, but respect that others are impassioned about this event.

Baking a pan of lemon squares too - a family favorite.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:15 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
Vietnamese lunch and a movie with a fellow sports averse girlfriend. Anything to escape the hype.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,473,160 times
It's a big game for us.....again. Sorry couldn't resist!
I am still up in the air. It will be finger foods though. Since it runs so late for us I don't want anything heavy. Right now I am thinking Buffalo shrimp, maybe steamers or individual nachos. I also might go the lazy route and pick up something fried and super unhealthy from this place Worcester's favorite Eggroll Lady and seafood to-go! - Home if she is even open tomorrow. She has the weirdest hours.

I am VERY worried about this game. I give The Eagles the edge but I am a homer so Go Pats!

Old 02-03-2018, 10:21 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I am still up in the air. It will be finger foods though. Since it runs so late for us I don't want anything heavy. Right now I am thinking Buffalo shrimp, maybe steamers or individual nachos. I also might go the lazy route and pick up something fried and super unhealthy from this place Worcester's favorite Eggroll Lady and seafood to-go! - Home if she is even open tomorrow. She has the weirdest hours.

I am VERY worried about this game. I give The Eagles the edge but I am a homer so Go Pats!
(cough, cough) whole belly clams (cough, cough)

Go Pats!!!!!

Old 02-03-2018, 10:45 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,389,618 times
Homemade pizza and potato skins.
Should be a good game this year. I think the Eagles can get it done (but it's tough to go against Brady and Belichick)

Old 02-03-2018, 11:11 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
These shredded chicken tacos from ATK. I made the chicken part today and it was even better than it looked on TV. I used regular canned tomatoes instead of fire-roasted, and next time I will leave out the sugar. And it gives me all kinds of ideas for things to do with boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/...tinga-de-pollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Baking a pan of lemon squares too - a family favorite.
Mmmm...sounds good. Can't rep you yet.

But instead of football, I will watch Joel Kinnaman's new Netflix series until This Is Us comes on.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:19 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,598,149 times
Kibble and milk bones while me and the dogs watch puppy bowl.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post

Don't understand why the game has to be so late. I think we will probably put the food out just before the game starts. We will leave it out, as long as the damn cat stays away from it. Spoiled brat will want to continue nibbling as long as he can.

Who will win? I really think your guys will and I can't stand the Eagles, but I have to say, it is time for change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink