Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 04:08 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times

Advertisements

Semi-pricey but tasty food from Trader Joe's, cause I still don't have time to cook.

We will each have a chicken-vegetable wonton soup (from freezer section) and split:

1 pkg California Rolls
1 chinese chicken salad ("thinned out" with some extra lettuce)
Fancy cookies

I know some people eat like this every day, considering I'm starting to see this place Snap Kitchen around (food looks good, but prices are SKY HIGH considering calories/portion size), but it just kills me to pay prepared food prices when I know how to cook pretty well.

I'm sure y'all are sick of my grousing and hopefully you will be seeing some more homemade dinner posts from me as soon as I finish my last final.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:23 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Pan fried pork scallopini with Singapore seasoning. Plus broccoli. No starch - ack!

Old 05-10-2016, 04:44 PM

7,049 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Oh no - you'll be in my thoughts, and I'll keep an eye out on the TV - really hoping everything goes ok. PLEASE stay safe!!!

Dinner - here's what's been running through my head today so far (oh quit rolling your eyes) - I'd love to know what you think, especially about the first one (the second one is a no brainer - the husband chows down on that stuff like the end times are upon us):

Note, these are all leftovers/things I should use up but that are still good or are condiments:

Take a loaf of French bread and make crostini - olive oil, lightly toasted, then rubbed with garlic.
On top of that, prosciutto.
On top of that, asparagus (it was roasted in the oven, and served with toasted garlic, parmesan and a little lemon)
Grated Asiago on top
Warm in the oven until cheese is looking good.
Drizzle with balsamic.

I also have a frozen container of Hanky Panky meat - I could thaw that, put it on the French breads, the broil them - then I'd have two app like things to munch on while watching my TV shows (Tuesday is a WONDERFUL TV day) and husband would share BOTH with me.
No eye rolling here, that all sounds fabulous!! But.....what exactly is Hanky Panky meat??

5,014 posts, read 6,601,408 times
mustard & herb roasted chicken thighs, fresh asparagus, and more berries for dessert

8,040 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
sirloin strip steaks,,,

broccoli and cheese...

Kahlua and milk
MY kind of meal!

Old 05-10-2016, 04:46 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Semi-pricey but tasty food from Trader Joe's, cause I still don't have time to cook.

We will each have a chicken-vegetable wonton soup (from freezer section) and split:

1 pkg California Rolls
1 chinese chicken salad ("thinned out" with some extra lettuce)
Fancy cookies

I know some people eat like this every day, considering I'm starting to see this place Snap Kitchen around (food looks good, but prices are SKY HIGH considering calories/portion size), but it just kills me to pay prepared food prices when I know how to cook pretty well.

I'm sure y'all are sick of my grousing and hopefully you will be seeing some more homemade dinner posts from me as soon as I finish my last final.

We had a very busy day today, and spent lots of time doing things that needed to be accomplished. We got home around 15 minutes ago. So after reading Debsi's post I thought we would take out Japanese food - which I have been craving.

Soooo....DH is at the the Japanese restaurant picking up some Miso soup, sea weed salad for me and a regular Japanese salad for him. Assorted rolls - Avocado, Cucumber, pickled radish, tuna, broccoli and crab.

Some teriyaki fried veggies and shrimp for DH.

A glass or two of saki and fruit for desert.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:49 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Today: Saltgrass for a cheeseburger and steak fries, preceded by some seafood fondeaux and garlic toast.

Iced tea.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
@SXMGirl - Sorry I didn't elaborate, but the pork braciole isn't homemade, I bought it at the supermarket, it just needs to be pan-fried. The brand name is Premio.
Ok, question on the braciole.

When I think of pork braciole, I think of how my Gramma made it-- with pork skin, seasoned and rolled, tied, then simmered in tomato sauce all day, to be served (along with meatballs) with spaghetti or rigatoni.

I'm thinking this is not the dish you are talking about?

Old 05-10-2016, 04:51 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,605,552 times
It was going to be a chicken enchilada casserole I made last night but once again, I left it in the microwave to cool and forgot to refrigerate it. Darn it! I did that last month too. I don't trust the cats or I would have left it on the counter to cool and then I would have seen it. Must get a handle on this problem!

Old 05-10-2016, 04:53 PM

For us tonight, I'm baking a couple bone-in chicken thighs and two boneless skinless chicken breasts. I'll eat the thighs, he'll eat the breasts. One of them anyway.

On the side will be spaghetti with garlic and broccoli aioli. And of course a green salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink