Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 04:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ended up at Cheesecake Factory. DH had chicken, biscuits and gravy, I had Jamaican shrimp, and manlet had an impossible burger.... yep, he went vegetarian. I'm a bad influence.
Hope all is well with you: stay safe.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. We are having our big celebration this afternoon and evening. First a reception for about 50 or so and then to daughters for a light dinner. I think she is ordering pizza. Last night was fun but I am glad it is over. I am really tired. At least we won't have the gang here all at once again this weekend. Our son did not make it last night, he is driving up from Dallas right now, should be here about 11am.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:30 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,478,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. We are having our big celebration this afternoon and evening. First a reception for about 50 or so and then to daughters for a light dinner. I think she is ordering pizza. Last night was fun but I am glad it is over. I am really tired. At least we won't have the gang here all at once again this weekend. Our son did not make it last night, he is driving up from Dallas right now, should be here about 11am.
Happy anniversary! I couldn't rep you yet. Have fun tonight!

I think I will give the family a choice of hot dogs or whatever leftovers they can scrounge. I will make a batch of potato salad. I probably will have just a bowl of that for my dinner.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:44 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
We took the kids out to Block Island today as a kind of last hurrah before school starts next week. Before catching the ferry back to Rhode Island we stopped here for dinner The Beachead | Block Island Seaside Dining It was really good.
We shared soft warm pretzels. I love these!

And I had a lobster roll with pasta salad. Of course I had to have a Narragansett to drink!
Magic, I love your photos of course, but I also love that you tell us about these various places you go to! I don't live far from you and I swear I am going to go to a bunch of them myself. So thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Karen... This brings me back to my teens when I ate cake for b'kfast. Ah, those were the days. Just be careful... those little hobbits have 2nd b'kfast, elevensies & probably 2nd dinner & they look a little snug in their burlap gear. That's why this little hobbit no longer eats cake for b'kfast.
When I was in my late teens and twenties I would often have a Coke and M&Ms for breakfast. Then I wondered why my stomach felt awful an hour or two later.

I can't even imagine eating that way now! I love my veggies ... well, when they turn out OK, as they DIDN'T for some reason yesterday.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:27 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Baked spaghetti with sauteed red onion, green peppers, baby bellas tucked between layers of pasta with fresh mozz on top and a little parm (it's cool enough today to turn the oven on...)

Green salad
Cherries for dessert

Old 08-24-2018, 11:46 AM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Unexpected but nice dinner company and a day to eat on the porch.
Wings, pork/beef sliders (thank you freezer), the never ending salad bowl, room temperature yard long bean salad with thyme/vidalia vinaigrette (just picked them rascals), individual peach cobblers with brandy whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, nuts/brandy.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:24 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
Just returned from a short business trip to New York and I'm worn out. I could sleep for 12 hours (ha, like that's going to happen). Everyone's meals sound wonderful. A belated Happy Anniversary to you nmnita, your celebration menu sounded wonderful. There were so many good meals that I can't rep so soon.

A.typical.girl is hilarious! You should be a professional writer, my dear.

Threestep, I want that meal!

magicshark's and karen's pictures are wonderful as usual and Alm's meals are always so unusual and tasty-sounding.

Tonight, I am thawing out a pan of seafood lasagna, toasting some garlic bread and making a chopped salad all washed down with a bottle or two of Veuve (which is going to have to double as dessert as well). I think I ate too many raw oysters last night while I was on the East Coast and I am feeling a little queasy. Medicinal Veuve anyone?

Old 08-24-2018, 12:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Unexpected but nice dinner company and a day to eat on the porch.
Wings, pork/beef sliders (thank you freezer), the never ending salad bowl, room temperature yard long bean salad with thyme/vidalia vinaigrette (just picked them rascals), individual peach cobblers with brandy whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, nuts/brandy.
O.M.G! That sounds delicious!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-24-2018, 01:10 PM

496 posts, read 412,022 times
Enchiladas, green salad and brownies.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:04 PM

126,287 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Tonight Caesar salad and grilled chicken served with beer bread.Later a cheese platter with green grapes and Wasa crisp multigrain bread. To drink local Ontario red or white wine or La Fin du Monde.For a sweet tooth I got vanilla ice cream with Moccha chocolate beans.

Have a nice weekend everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink