Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Ive been seeing those chicken feet in our grocery store. Yuck. How are they prepared. I acutually thought about getting some as a gag for a family dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,018,660 times
I have a GF who loves to experiment and make new dishes. One Christmas she made an appetizer dip - shredded apple and horseraddish. To this day we still laugh about it. Oh my, it was awful.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,829 times
We kindheartedly invited our single neighbor over for one Thanksgiving. He was a bit of a loner. He brought over a bag of mini marshmellows and a can of biscuits. What an odd combo! We made the biscuits, but didn't know what to do with the marshmellows, put them in a bowl or what?? So he didnt feel awkward, I whipped up some hot chocolate for all the children after dinner and put them on top! It actually turned out okay, the adults got into it too adding baileys!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:47 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
I have a GF who loves to experiment and make new dishes. One Christmas she made an appetizer dip - shredded apple and horseraddish. To this day we still laugh about it. Oh my, it was awful.
Wow, thats gross!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
The marshmallows and biscuits are pretty strange. That may win the prize so far!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:13 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The marshmallows and biscuits are pretty strange. That may win the prize so far!!!
BUT...................... at least it is USEFULL and others DID eat it AND enjoyed it. I could let the single guy slide on this one. If a family had shown up w/ them and they are not to go w/ something already there............ that would be different.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
Hey momof2dfw! Next Thanksgiving I'm sure I'll be able to say my sister in law brought the same things so I'll keep the jokes to myself until then!! Guaranteed, I'll be able to chide her about something.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:42 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,363 times
my friend makes this dish that is AWESOME but has the WORST name. it's called dog food. it's a dip. velvetta, cream of mushroom soup, hamburger, jalepinos, onions. mix it all together. it seriously looks like dog food but man is it GOOD!

First thanksgiving dinner i ever cooked, MIL brought stuffed shells. Not weird I know BUT... Since it was my very first thanksgiving dinner I wanted it to be all my traditional dishes I grew up with (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, greens beans, carrotts, cranberry sauce, banana fritters and gravy). MIL brought stuffed shells because she wasn't sure if there would be anything she would eat, not that she doesn't eat all those things just that she wasn't sure if it would TASTE good so she basically brought her own meal. I was so hurt!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:27 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
At out house, we make Thanksgiving dinner - from scratch. Even the cranberry sauce is home made, and always different each year.

Last year, my son - just home from the Navy - brought the appetizer for the meal ... a sack of White Castle hamburgers.

In truth, they weren't bad.

Charley

Old 03-28-2008, 08:23 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Next year I'd make sure to have a bag of Tyson frozen chicken nuggets and OreIda fries and microwave them to serve to that bunch on paper plates. LOL!!! I'd also have wine in a box and serve it to her in a plastic cup.

I'll take their serving of that coconut cake A couple days old and messed up from shipping would not deter me from eating that.

That cake thing was HEAVY!!!! It was horrid. No one else touched it but her and her adult daughter and all they could do was keep going on and on about how great it was. EWWWW! The rest of us just rolled our eyes and finished off the homemade coconut cream pie, chocolate pie, banana pudding and pumpkin roll. Thank goodness I start drinking the minute I see them all pulling up to the house
ROTFL!!!!!!!! the only way i can get through the holiday meals with DH's family is to start drinking, they just cannot figure out why i spend so much time in my closet......
I have forbidden them from bringing anything, since i am the best cook in the family, they want to eat here, so they comply....... I make them do the dishes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink