Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,942,575 times

Advertisements

I threw a small tea party for my daughter's Daisy troop and their moms. I said tea would be provided, but the girls were encouraged to help mom make something themselves.

1 of the moms brought a plate of Oreos. At least she unpackaged them and put them on a plate. Another girl brought me a box of Little Debbie's brownies.

That just reminded me... my in-laws come every Thanksgiving. A couple years ago, my mother-in-law brought me a plastic tub of brownies... her best friend's special recipe - a gift for me. Now to fully appreciate this, you must understand that my mother-in-law SUFFERS at my home for that weekend as she usually only eats Organic foods. She RAVED about the brownies for her entire visit, but I figured she and her friend were such health nuts, they were surely nasty, so I didn't touch them. The day after she left, I realized she'd left them in the pantry. I pulled them out, sure they'd gone bad and was about to clean out the container so I could mail it back.

The brownies were Little Debbie's. Unwrapped and broken in half, but they were Little Debbie's. The next year, I bought a box just for her - she was so excited that I'd discovered the recipe. I almost felt bad revealing what they really were.

Last edited by sskkc; 04-04-2008 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Did she stop eating them when you told her what they were?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,942,575 times
Yes, she did!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,451,543 times
OK, now on a positive note. . . one of the strangest appetizers I ever had, but they were delicious, were cheap, pink hotdogs, sliced into bite-sized pieces, and heated in a quart-sized pan of apple jelly and regular yellow mustard.

I have played with the recipe from time to time, and I like the apple jelly mixed with a spicy brown mustard. I've also substituted the sliced hotdogs with the small cocktail weenies, too.

This really is a tasty combination, great for a chafing dish, or appetizer-sized crockpot.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Yes, she did!
Back to carob brownies made with apple sauce after that I suppose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink