Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 04:59 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Before I went on my no sugar eating that I am on now, I have eaten full sized entire layer cakes on a weekend. Half a cake on Sat and the other half on Sun. Tippins layer cakes are out of this world. I used to buy the yorkie dogs (can get those at Walmart bakery). They are two cupcakes loaded with enough frosting to shape it into a fluffy yorkie dog. I have baked a dozen chocolate chip cookies only to eat the entire batch and have to make a dozen more. Been there done that!
I used to do that when I hiked, walked, and rode my bike often. I used to do a lot of yard work, too.

It still doesn't cause me to gain weight, but my shape has changed.

I seriously hate getting old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 05:16 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I second this!
Third!

Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,803 times
I sometimes feel guilty when I eat meat, because the animal had to die, but then I remember how tasty it is and the guilt vanishes.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:25 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Jimmy John's italian sub

Large Coke

Chocolate chip cookie

-------------------------------------

I read the cookie wrapper and the darn thing has 410 calories!

Old 08-23-2018, 08:46 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I used to do that when I hiked, walked, and rode my bike often. I used to do a lot of yard work, too.

It still doesn't cause me to gain weight, but my shape has changed.

I seriously hate getting old.
Round is a legitimate shape!

Old 08-23-2018, 08:47 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Lean food today but a little ice cream. This after a 2 hour exercise session. Getting better though!

Old 08-23-2018, 09:52 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Because it had no nutritional value whatsoever...or you know you have a few extra pounds to lose...or you simply overindulged...or you claim to be a vegetarian, but you secretly eat meat! I’m sure you can think of something.
I did this. I was vegetarian for a year, then I introduced some fish back in for reasons of convenience. I didn't eat fish every day, but once a week or so, usually because they would have a choice of salmon at the business dinners I attend. I work for Muslims, so they would always ask for a fish or vegetarian entree if meat was being served because they are restricted to halal, so it worked out for all of us.

Then a couple of months ago, I went to a business dinner where they were placing down slices of medium rare beef before us on plates. This would be the time to request an alternate meal, but I looked at it and made a silent thanks to the life of the cow and I ate it. I felt mildly guilty, but I really, really wanted at that moment to eat that meat.

The next day, I was doing things around my house and I realized that I felt exceptionally good. It took most of the day reflecting here and there on how well I felt, when I had no sense of NOT feeling well previously, when it hit me that I'd started feeling good the night before after my dinner.

I don't know if I was low on something that my body was craving or what, but I wanted that meat and I felt better after I ate it. I plan to continue to focus on eating mostly vegetarian, but I've had some meat here and there since. Since I was not eating meat because of the way animals are treated in the meat-production industry, I have some guilt when I do. I try at least to be cognizant of where my meal came from.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:47 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I did this. I was vegetarian for a year, then I introduced some fish back in for reasons of convenience. I didn't eat fish every day, but once a week or so, usually because they would have a choice of salmon at the business dinners I attend. I work for Muslims, so they would always ask for a fish or vegetarian entree if meat was being served because they are restricted to halal, so it worked out for all of us.

Then a couple of months ago, I went to a business dinner where they were placing down slices of medium rare beef before us on plates. This would be the time to request an alternate meal, but I looked at it and made a silent thanks to the life of the cow and I ate it. I felt mildly guilty, but I really, really wanted at that moment to eat that meat.

The next day, I was doing things around my house and I realized that I felt exceptionally good. It took most of the day reflecting here and there on how well I felt, when I had no sense of NOT feeling well previously, when it hit me that I'd started feeling good the night before after my dinner.

I don't know if I was low on something that my body was craving or what, but I wanted that meat and I felt better after I ate it. I plan to continue to focus on eating mostly vegetarian, but I've had some meat here and there since. Since I was not eating meat because of the way animals are treated in the meat-production industry, I have some guilt when I do. I try at least to be cognizant of where my meal came from.
Thanks for sharing! I am not vegetarian and I think it would be extremely difficult for me to give up meat. When I was a kid, I attended a religious school that encouraged vegetarianism, but the brainwashing was not successful with me.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:25 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I don't feel guilty about anything I eat. Yes I need to lose weight but I'll worry about that when I'm well enough to resume my normally active lifestyle. OMG there was these most amazing home made treats at therapy yesterday. I hope there are still some left this afternoon when I go back. Food is fun and that's all the fun I get until I'm better again.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:28 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,402,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I bought a smallish, single layer, round chocolate cake with buttercream frosting from the grocery store on Monday. It’s the kind of cake that you buy to celebrate something. It had pretty roses on it. Anyway, it wasn’t my birthday but I bought it anyway and I finished it off this morning. I ate the whole thing by myself since I live alone. I often do this with pie and don’t feel terribly bad about it, but cake makes me feel especially guilty.

So what have you all indulged in lately that you probably shouldn’t have? Let it out and release the guilt!
Not a thing. I eat what I eat with no time nor emotional energy wasted in hand-wringing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink