Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 04:12 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
You can make pimento cheese spread but it's a whole different animal. I like the "real" stuff but LOVE the Kraft pimento cheese spread in those little jars. I save the jars and use them for our juice glasses!

Tater tots are incredible anyway they are served.

Canned ravioli-i only eat this every couple years because I feel like crap after but oh do they taste good!

Sometimes I just crave that crappy nacho cheese that you get at the movies, fairs, etc. I found you can get it in a can but I haven't worked up the nerve to buy it yet!
Every now and again I close my office door and snarf down a can of the Chef Boyardee ravioli (I heat it in the lunch room with a paper plate over it so people can't tell what I'm eating and rush back to my office with it). My husband would be appalled that I still eat this and I never have a can at home!

SPAM used to be another secret vice, but it doesn't taste the same anymore. There used be a jellied layer on the bottom of the can (which seemed to give it more flavor) and the taste is so bland now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 04:21 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
A good fast food cheeseburger and fries with ketchup.

A good milkshake—not one from McDonalds though, because those are toooo sweet.

Graham crackers

Grocery store fried chicken

Chilled canned peaches in the dead of winter
There was small gas station restaurant on La Cienega in West LA that made one of the best cheeseburgerse and fries I've had in long time. I had them over 3 years ago and still remember how good they were!

Other "trashy" foods I like but haven't eaten in ages:
canned deviled ham
canned potted meat (can't even find it in the stores anymore which is just as well - I think Armour's made it)
fried bologna and scrambled eggs (ditto for fried SPAM)
Frito Lays plain and barbecue potato chips
Rotel mixed with melted Velveeta and a bag of Fritos
KFC extra crispy legs and thighs
Jack in the Box tacos (although I hear they don't taste the same anymore).

Now I am making myself hungry (and making myself cry), because I don't eat that stuff anymore!

Last edited by Praline; 07-29-2019 at 04:33 PM..

Old 07-29-2019, 05:29 PM

23,552 posts, read 24,064,911 times
I’m usually eating Top Ramen at 2:00 AM after a night of drinking at home. I don’t dare drive, so I prepare Top Ramen at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
Yes Lord!!!!! I only eat it once in a blue moon but when I do, OMG!!!

Old 07-29-2019, 06:09 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,607,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Every now and again I close my office door and snarf down a can of the Chef Boyardee ravioli (I heat it in the lunch room with a paper plate over it so people can't tell what I'm eating and rush back to my office with it). My husband would be appalled that I still eat this and I never have a can at home!

SPAM used to be another secret vice, but it doesn't taste the same anymore. There used be a jellied layer on the bottom of the can (which seemed to give it more flavor) and the taste is so bland now.
I feel exactly the same way, the "jello" was almost the best part of eating SPAM as I remember when I was young. I learned that the formulation was changed to include modified potato starch which did away with the jello. I heard that Great Value luncheon meat at Walmart did not have the modified potato starch so it still had the jello, and I've been buying that instead of SPAM. However nothing can approach the SPAM of my youth.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:49 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post

May I suggest Tabasco Spam? So good!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-29-2019, 11:36 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,607,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
May I suggest Tabasco Spam? So good!
How does this taste different from adding Tabasco to regular SPAM?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:05 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Are those the flat potato rounds? I can’t find those anymore. I used to make a breakfast for dinner dish, fry up those flat tots and some bacon, scramble eggs to put on top and top it all off with cheddar cheese grated.
Yes, by Ore Ida.
Probably more crispy than potato-y

Old 07-30-2019, 09:32 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
1. Cracker Barrel. Never had a bad meal there. I am fanatical about their pecan pancakes. I love them. same goes for their home fry potato casserole and fried shrimp in a basket. Their biscuits and deserts are always good.

9.A tomato sandwich on WHITE BREAD with salt and pepper and mayo.

Mrs. T's Pierogis from the grocery store.

I agree with Cracker barrel. I travel a fair bit for work and often find myself in places that don't have a hipster-operated burger joint, much less a four star dining establishment. There food is good and they have a variety of decent healthy options too, at least for sides. Very consistent.

Tomato sandwiches are haute cuisine. Dukes Mayo. For a little different taste, add Trader Joes "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning. There are only two things that money can't buy, that's True Love and Home Grown Tomatoes.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:22 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Chinese combination dinner with General Gao’s chicken and fried rice in it.

Chef Boyardee canned ravioli

I’ll happily eat box Mac ‘n Cheese

Meatball subs

Pizza, of course

McChicken

Old 07-30-2019, 10:22 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am sure that I am NOT the only foodie that is a closet lover of some low end luscious foods and recopies. I'll fess up right now. I happen to like some foods that aren't trendy.
I doubt if anyone who eats fast food or frozen/boxed vegetables could be considered a "foodie" by true "foodie" circles.

Which is an abhorrent term and should be terminated from the English language. We all eat food; therefore, we are all "foodies".

Food snobbery. Bah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I don't categorize food as high or low end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Food is food.
Yes, to both of these posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink