Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 02:28 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Eh.

We maintain a backyard flock to produce our own eggs, grow all our own herbs, my husband grinds his own sausage, we make cheese, etc.

Don't know if that's "foodie" by any particular definition, but we certainly have our particularities about ingredients and sourcing.

We still have Totinos party pizzas in our chest freezer.

And instant ramen in our cupboards.

And, sometimes, late at night, after cleaning up the holy mess that is produced by things like stuffing sausage, my husband will pop a bag of MICROWAVE PORK RINDS in.

Pork rinds!!!! Not the fluffy ones, the dense ones with a layer of fat!!!!

Food of the Gods.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 02:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
Was a time, when a McChicken was my go-to fast food. Always added honey mustard to it.

I will add a fondness for McDonalds' biscuits (with egg and cheese).

Current fast food go-to is Taco Bell bean burritos (which I would drop in a heartbeat if we had El Pollo Loco here ... that was my go-to fast food in California, also the land of great breakfast burritos).
McD's sausage and egg McMuffins are the one fast food meal I literally greatly enjoy, versus something I'll wolf down if it's the quickest option and there aren't any others. I don't like their biscuits, and I don't like the Egg McMuffin...but the combo of English muffin, cheese, fried egg, and their specific sausage hits all the base for me. I don't even like the ones I make at home, because my sausage isn't the same.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
McD's sausage and egg McMuffins are the one fast food meal I literally greatly enjoy, versus something I'll wolf down if it's the quickest option and there aren't any others. I don't like their biscuits, and I don't like the Egg McMuffin...but the combo of English muffin, cheese, fried egg, and their specific sausage hits all the base for me. I don't even like the ones I make at home, because my sausage isn't the same.
It's a magical combination. I loved the breakfast jack too, but those were easy to recreate at home.

I haven't had any version in years.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-30-2019, 05:32 PM

1,042 posts, read 873,399 times
Shoot, I almost forgot about this! Many years ago I worked as a server at a cute little place in Bayhead NJ called 'Dorcas of Bayhead" I think it was still arround until that big storm some years ago that destroyed much of the Jersey shore. Most of the food we served was very simple, but high quality food. There was also a seperate section, an ice cream shop, that was open during the summer.

Our 'regulars" included Malcolm Forbes, ELizabeth Taylor, the guy who invented the air bag, Geraldo Rivera, and mostly a lot of 'old money" people.

One thing that everyone raved about was Dorcas' seafood soup. Everyone wanted the recipe, which Dorcas would not share. I was told that at least once, someone had brought in a professional chef to figure out the recipe, and they were stumped.

Dorcas put all sorts of fresh seafood in the soup, heavy cream, sherry, herbs, spices, and maybe a few other things that I do not remember BUT the base of the soup was about as non-foodie, non-gourmet as you can get. CAMPBELLS cream of chicken, and CAMPBELLS cheddar cheese soups. Everyone loved it! And none of the "old money" Bayhead people had a clue.

Last edited by vicky3vicky; 07-30-2019 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: dropped c's

Old 07-30-2019, 05:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Ok forgive me for not reading all twelve pages.

Here are mine, in no particular order:

Red Lobster biscuits
Olive Garden soup and salad
Any kind of ramen - the cheaper the better
Spam, preferably fried
Taco Bell nachos - oh, and beans, oh, and tacos - oh heck, Taco Bell
Tater Tots
Meat loaf
Frozen cobblers or apple pies with ice cream
Cheese popcorn out of a bag
Pringles
Cheapo mac and cheese
Instant cheese grits out of a packet
Cinnamon toast made on white bread
McDonalds breakfast biscuits, sausage and egg - and I don't even like McDonalds

I am sure there are a LOT more. These are just the tip of the iceberg for me!

Old 07-30-2019, 08:10 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,041,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Bread should be toasted. Spread should be Hellman’s/Best Foods Mayo, not Miracle Whip. The tomatoes must be garden grown, none of that hothouse polyester.

That, my friends, is cuisine of the highest echelon.

NoNoNoNoNo..... You need the softest and squishiest white bread you can find and no toasting puuulease! Spot on with the rest of your recipe!!!

- Literally any fast food. Can't think of any FF places in my area that serve anything I wouldn't eat. Even BKs fish but it must have cheese, tomato and lots of tartar sauce.

- Waffle House Hashbrowns "ALL THE WAY" maybe hold the jalapenos.

- Matlaw's Stuffed Clams, baked with a pat of butter on each one.

- Roadside Sabrett franks with onion sauce, chips and black cherry soda.

- Hebrew National Pigs in a blanket

- Great Value rainbow sherbet

Last edited by ralphfr; 07-30-2019 at 08:37 PM..

Old 07-30-2019, 09:03 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Tater tots. Absolutely love 'em. So unhealthy...they'll kill you, if you eat them too often!

Those orange pumpkin candies at Halloween.

Fried chicken.

Bluebell ice cream.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:00 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Tater tots. Absolutely love 'em. So unhealthy...they'll kill you, if you eat them too often!

Those orange pumpkin candies at Halloween.

Fried chicken.

Bluebell ice cream.
I read 'orange pumpkin candles' and thought you must have spent too much time at Bath and Body Works

I wish we had Bluebell ice cream in California, I've only ever heard about it here in CD Food forum. The way everyone raves about it, I wish I could have some.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:06 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Limeade from Sonic, Tacos from Jack in the Box and Taco Bell, Key Lime Pie from Whole Foods, Hot Tamales the candy, Captain Booty White Cheddar Puffs, Peaches and Cream from Blue Bell (not really trashy though), Cinnamon Bun from the grocery store bakery.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:06 AM

21,535 posts, read 8,718,127 times
Corn dogs
Sloppy Joes
Tamale Pie
Tuna casserole
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinners
Maple bars from the supermarket bakery
Mallomars
SweeTarts
Donettes (chocolate covered)
Corned beef hash with a poached egg on top
Peanut butter milkshakes
Cream of tomato soup with Ritz crackers
Hamburger Helper and Tuna Helper
Marshmallow treats
Soft serve cones dipped in chocolate

Just writing this stuff is giving me indigestion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink