Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 07:09 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Have to admit that I was back in Ohio for three weeks last month. Over the course of a few weeks, I took out most of my nephews to Cracker Barrel and Frisch's.
Skyline and Bob Evans are my Ohio treats.

For those not in the know, Skyline is a Cincinnati chili* chain and Bob Evans is kind of like Cracker Barrel, but more Midwest than Southern in style.

*Cincinnati "chili" is a version of a Greek pasta sauce, not Texas chili, so spare me the grief!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 07:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
See, I wouldn't equate Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel. Both are good, though.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:03 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Now I have to make a Waldorf salad, that's actually a little healthy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2019, 08:51 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
I've never had a bad Au gratin potatoes. They are always delicious and easy to make.

Fried bologna on toast, with mustard.

Tomato sandwiches. Tomato, white bread, sprinkled with salt and pepper.

I sometimes will get three Mc'ds regular hamburgers. The meat taste better since they stopped with the steroids. Still love their Big mac and Quarter pounders.

Peanut butter and jelly. Haven't had in a long time.

The older version of Funny Bones. Today's version just doesn't do it.

Deviled ham

Hot dogs and beans

Stouffers stuffed green peppers

I used to love eating those candy cigarettes as a kid. You could get a box for ten cents.

Every now and then I'll get a sweet tooth and will eat the hell out of Airhead taffees. But I'm more of a salt guy.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:00 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
OMG, you shouldn't have told me that ...

Oh, and ... There are frozen corn dogs at the grocery store. Not as good as freshly made by some old guy in a trailer at the county fair, but they are a nice treat.
Oh girl, you know I have bought them - and will buy them again. They are pretty good I think!

Old 07-31-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Cap’n Crunch cereal.
Yasssss
OK this is the truth. I just bought a "vintage" (not really but the logo is vintage) Cap'n Crunch T shirt.

I prefer Cap'n Crunch with crunch berries! But I will eat it either way.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Just had a niece visiting us and I had to buy Oscar Mayer baloney.
I’d forgotten how stupid good it is with kraft American on white bread with mustard.
OH. MY. GOSH.

On something like Wonder Bread. But I'll take mine with Hellmans or Dukes mayo please.

And cheese or cheese food - I really don't care.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Mayo for me!
Same here but I draw the line at Miracle Whip. No thank you. Mayo please.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Campbells crème of mushroom soup (condensed w/added water) and some added OreIda instant mashed potatoes to the mix. Strange for sure...but I loved that combination back in my teens and through my early twenties. I think my then girlfriend, now wife, kind of "cured" me of that combination.

Lived on (and loved) a lot of Hamburger Helper meals in college. Particularly loved the Beef Stew I think it was called.

When I was a teenager and Mom wasn't around, I wasn't above having an occasional "meal" of 15 or 20 Oreo cookies and a glass of milk. Hey...she said milk was good for me :-) I was also slender and 145 pounds then....not so much anymore :-(

Even to this day, I'll frequently eat a Stouffers Spaghetti w/meat sauce for a meal. Now this may get a few of you....but sometimes it sounds good for breakfast. Loved TV dinners (in the aluminum tray) as a kid...thought they were kind of special when we'd have them.

Pinks Chilidogs with cheese. My brother, who is mostly a vegetarian will even indulge in a couple "dogs" when I come to LA for my yearly visit. If you like Chilidogs...they are the best. We've been enjoying them since the early 70's.

Don't eat much fast food anymore, but every now and then, when we're in the area of an "In and Out", a double cheese burger and fries sure slides down well...lol

Oh god...I could probably go on for 25 more things, but I need to get back to work :-)
Hamburger Helper rocks. Personally I love the beef "stroganoff." Oh and that one that's like cheesy and macaroni-ish.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
You always knew it was time to stop eating it when the roof of your mouth went completely raw.

My sister and I used to get into vicious "spite wars" in our youth and I recall taking a box of Lucky Charms cereal aside and separating out and eating every marshmallow piece in it, leaving behind the rest of the cereal. Every.single.one. It was like that episode of South Park where Cartman ate all the skin off the KFC and left the "bare" chicken behind for the others. I wish "sorry-not-sorry" had been a saying back in the late 1970s.
This is so funny!

When I was a kid, every Saturday morning my brother and I would wake up about 6:00 am and turn on Looney Tunes, but not before we went tiptoeing into the kitchen and got the box of Cap'n Crunch cereal. No bowls necessary. We'd just sit there and munch down on that cereal straight out of the box, dry of course, and we'd eat it till the roofs of our mouths were raw!!!!!!!

You had me cracking up about the Lucky Charms because I did that once with Cap'n Crunch w Crunch Berries - I ate all the Crunch Berries out of it and left the "plain" cereal for my brother! What are big sisters for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink