Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 09:42 AM

126,285 posts, read 19,062,233 times

Advertisements

Happy 1. of September everyone! It is a gorgeous summer day and I found this recipe by chance and going to make it today.

Salmon with Creamy Feta Cucumbers https://www.womansday.com/food-recip...umbers-recipe/ To drink lemon water.For dessert homemade yogurt with mixed berries.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:22 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Happy 1. of September everyone! It is a gorgeous summer day and I found this recipe by chance and going to make it today.

Salmon with Creamy Feta Cucumbers https://www.womansday.com/food-recip...umbers-recipe/ To drink lemon water.For dessert homemade yogurt with mixed berries.
If I can get enough cukes from the garden I will add that tonight... and corn on the cob.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-01-2020, 10:41 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
Fried cat fish filet's for Husband. Not sure what I am having as I tried cat fish and do not like it. I may have spaghetti squash

Old 09-01-2020, 12:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If I can get enough cukes from the garden I will add that tonight... and corn on the cob.
Wish I had some cukes. We haven't grown them in years, maybe next year.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post

Sounds good, always looking for a new way to do our salmon. We have it about once a week and I get tired of simply grilling it. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but it is just fun to find a new way to fix anything.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:29 PM

ok, so long story and I will try to make it short: yesterday, spoiled brat took out a couple of ice packs to put in our bags so we could keep our fresh food cold while we finished a long day of shopping. This was great except when we got home, there on the floor of the garage was about 6lbs of chicken breasts, completely defrosted. When he went to get out the ice he took the chicken out and forgot to put it back. There I was, exhausted from a really long day or running errands, facing unpacking all the groceries and stating at a bag of chicken breasts that either had to be cooked asap or tossed. I choose to put the in the fridge until this am and then cook them up. This is what I did and now we have partially cooked chicken breast in the freezer that at least did not spoil. Guess you can guess the rest of the story. We are having chicken breasts for dinner with a lemon/mango/ jalapeno sauce and cooked over noodles. I have so many fresh veggies in the fridge I am not sure what I will decide on, I still have a couple of hours to make a decision.

In case you wondered, NO I didn't even come close to killing him: he was as tired as I was and brought in boxes and sacks of groceries, helped put them away and just kept apologizing. What he didn't do was offer to clean up the kitchen after dinner. At least we had enjoyed take out foods mostly and clean up was a breeze. Now he gets to clean up tonight.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:41 PM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
12-ounces of greasy hamburger and about 1/2 a cup of broccoli.
Good thing for the broccoli!

Old 09-01-2020, 01:43 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Wish I had some cukes. We haven't grown them in years, maybe next year.
I have sporadic cukes. /lol I'm on a gardening learning curve, and they were in the hothouse.... and it is 99 degrees for the past month. I give constant CPR and it gives a cuke every now and then.

Hopefully I'll do better with my fall garden.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-01-2020, 02:39 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,643,263 times
Tonight it is grilled chicken wings, Cobb salad, corn on the cob, and carrot cake with pecan frosting for dessert. My father-in-law stirred up a pitcher of lemon drop martinis and is in a very mellow mood!

Old 09-01-2020, 02:57 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,643,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, so long story and I will try to make it short: yesterday, spoiled brat took out a couple of ice packs to put in . . .
In case you wondered, NO I didn't even come close to killing him: he was as tired as I was and brought in boxes and sacks of groceries, helped put them away and just kept apologizing. What he didn't do was offer to clean up the kitchen after dinner. At least we had enjoyed take out foods mostly and clean up was a breeze. Now he gets to clean up tonight.

Glad you spared the mister's life! Awww...he's really sorry. A friend sent me a really easy recipe for peach salsa that goes great with chicken breasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink