Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2020, 04:52 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Planning a Valentine's Day dinner for the missus tomorrow - I'm probably gonna stick with the old steak and red wine romantic favourite.
As a surprise present I have two ideas at the moment. Replacement Hoover bags or gardening knee pads.
I need to up my game after last year's disaster.
Mrs Roscoe Conkling did not take too kindly to my present of a retractable ladder for clearing leaves out of the gutters.
I'd love to know what the ladies on here think.

One year I gave her a refrigerator as a Valentine's Day present.
You should have seen her face light up when she opened it ...

Old 02-14-2020, 05:21 AM

126,269 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Happy Valentines Day to all of you!
Although I do not celebrate the Valentines Day it is still very special for me for my youngest son was born on this day.
We will have a get together this long weekend for a traditional Kaffeeklatsch with a heart shaped Linzer Torte,whipping cream hearts and coffee.
I am making Malai Kofta curry with basmati rice and cashew nuts.For dessert carrot pudding/Gajar ka halwa and a cup of Darjeeling tea.Later by the fireplace Glühwein and board games.

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/malai-kofta/

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/ga...ajar-ka-halwa/

Tonight leftover mixed bean soup with a dollop of yogurt and cilantro garnish and for dessert 1/2 a pink grapefruit. Later some ice skating and after a glass or two of Glühwein.

Have a lovely evening and a peaceful long weekend

Old 02-14-2020, 05:54 AM

24,514 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Quote:
You may want to rethink things this year

Fajitas or pizza.

Old 02-14-2020, 05:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
My morning smile!!!!

Old 02-14-2020, 06:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Happy Valentines Day to all of you!
Although I do not celebrate the Valentines Day it is still very special for me for my youngest son was born on this day.
We will have a get together this long weekend for a traditional Kaffeeklatsch with a heart shaped Linzer Torte,whipping cream hearts and coffee.
I am making Malai Kofta curry with basmati rice and cashew nuts.For dessert carrot pudding/Gajar ka halwa and a cup of Darjeeling tea.Later by the fireplace Glühwein and board games.

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/malai-kofta/

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/ga...ajar-ka-halwa/

Tonight leftover mixed bean soup with a dollop of yogurt and cilantro garnish and for dessert 1/2 a pink grapefruit. Later some ice skating and after a glass or two of Glühwein.

Have a lovely evening and a peaceful long weekend
We don't do anything special although years ago spoiled brat used to always get me a box of See's candy. Now it is pretty much another day. We are going to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. They are having a great special and we made reservations for 4:30. That is a couple hours before we normally eat, but we wanted to beat the crowd. They normally do not take reservations.

Happy birthday to your youngest son.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:33 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,415,867 times
Eating at our favorite Neapolitan pizza place. There will be beer.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:45 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Another Buddha Bowl: farrow, sauerkraut, spinach, arugula, avocado, baked tofu..... stuff and a miso and turmeric dressing and a side of mango.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-14-2020, 08:14 AM

2,341 posts, read 613,093 times
We are sharing a Ribeye and either popcorn shrimp cooked in the oven or larger oven fried shrimp with salad. Tomorrow we are celebrating at a Dinner Murder Mystery play at a local Historic House.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:28 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
Quote:

Your wife must be a sweetheart! See, I would have tossed Mr. Praline into the new refrigerator and slammed the door.

Old 02-14-2020, 03:26 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Your wife must be a sweetheart! See, I would have tossed Mr. Praline into the new refrigerator and slammed the door.
I think it’s a refrigerator light joke.

We are having Mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ (me) and beer (him).

I’m making a homemade pepperoni, yellow pepper, and sweet onion pizza. I am also making a baby spinach and iceberg salad with red onion, carrots, celery, and sunflower seeds.

There is chocolate on hand too!

Last edited by Debsi; 02-14-2020 at 04:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink