Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2023, 07:46 PM

19,631 posts, read 9,610,846 times

Advertisements

Greens Chopt salad with sliced chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms and a vinaigrette top off.
Slice of toasted baguette bread with butter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2023, 08:23 PM

23,669 posts, read 24,224,719 times
Broiled pork loin chops with salad and brown rice. Budweiser Light beer to drink.

Old 04-15-2023, 09:31 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,256,265 times
Not for tonight, but I had the butcher custom-cut two, 2-inch prime ribs for my daughter's birthday dinner tomorrow, each weighing about 1.4 lbs. They will sear over an open flame for 5 minutes total, before being slow-cooked at 250 until an internal temperature of 125 is reached, with occasional basting of butter, crushed garlic, and rosemary - combined with drippings.

Sides will include a vegetable and caramelized sweet potatoes.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:05 PM

20,826 posts, read 4,532,769 times
Hawaiian Pizza

Old 04-15-2023, 11:58 PM

39,025 posts, read 23,026,080 times
Spaghetti and meatballs, one of my favorite comfort foods.

Old 04-16-2023, 04:55 AM

24,147 posts, read 32,631,549 times
We had a quiet Easter. We saw a movie, had brunch out and I attended a church service.

Most of my friends and family were unable to get together. I always go to NY, but we decided we'd after Spring Holidays dinner at our house. My friend and I came up with a theme - New York City Brunch. I cooked most of the food, a friend who will arrive in an hour, will take some ingredients and help me when I need it.

We have also ordered some foods from a New York online caterer.

All food will be served buffet style.

NYC Bagels ordered from NYC.(Boiled, rolled and then baked). Full fat cream cheese - plain and vegetable. Bagels include poppy seed, sesame seed, garlic, salt, everything and plain. Also, whole wheat and gluten free.
Capers and sliced red onion.
Nova smoked salmon - ordered from a very "chi chi place)

Homemade - by me - Matzah ball vegetable soup. Soup is made as is the matzah ball batter. I'll put the matzah batter in before serving.

Hungarian Devilled Eggs - they are just SO good.

B&H Dairy copycat Chicken salad with celery and chopped carrots. Rolls, Rye Bread, or bagels.

roasted whole multi-colored organic carrots.

White Sauce covered Lasagna with spring vegetables. ( I already made this one)

Asian black rice salad.

BIG GREEN SALAD - Spring greens, shredded carrots, baby spinach, red onions, arugula, kalamata olives, small grape sized tomatoes. Home made balsamic dressing, or whipped salad dressing.

Original Waldorf Salad making this with my friend and combining our family recipe. It will be good.

Desserts - New York Cheesecakes - one plain, and one with Strawberries. - Dark Chocolate gluten Free cake. Fruit Salad. Babk-a and mini- cannoli.

Cocktails - NYC Egg Cream Martinis, Cosmopolitans, Manhattans and Martinis, and lemon cucumber seltzer. White wine mules. Lemon aide.

Coffee - friend making this.

Whishing all of you a very Happy Easter and Passover.!

Old 04-16-2023, 06:38 AM

189 posts, read 72,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
We had a quiet Easter. We saw a movie, had brunch out and I attended a church service.

Most of my friends and family were unable to get together. I always go to NY, but we decided we'd after Spring Holidays dinner at our house. My friend and I came up with a theme - New York City Brunch. I cooked most of the food, a friend who will arrive in an hour, will take some ingredients and help me when I need it.

We have also ordered some foods from a New York online caterer.

All food will be served buffet style.

NYC Bagels ordered from NYC.(Boiled, rolled and then baked). Full fat cream cheese - plain and vegetable. Bagels include poppy seed, sesame seed, garlic, salt, everything and plain. Also, whole wheat and gluten free.
Capers and sliced red onion.
Nova smoked salmon - ordered from a very "chi chi place)

Homemade - by me - Matzah ball vegetable soup. Soup is made as is the matzah ball batter. I'll put the matzah batter in before serving.

Hungarian Devilled Eggs - they are just SO good.

B&H Dairy copycat Chicken salad with celery and chopped carrots. Rolls, Rye Bread, or bagels.

roasted whole multi-colored organic carrots.

White Sauce covered Lasagna with spring vegetables. ( I already made this one)

Asian black rice salad.

BIG GREEN SALAD - Spring greens, shredded carrots, baby spinach, red onions, arugula, kalamata olives, small grape sized tomatoes. Home made balsamic dressing, or whipped salad dressing.

Original Waldorf Salad making this with my friend and combining our family recipe. It will be good.

Desserts - New York Cheesecakes - one plain, and one with Strawberries. - Dark Chocolate gluten Free cake. Fruit Salad. Babk-a and mini- cannoli.

Cocktails - NYC Egg Cream Martinis, Cosmopolitans, Manhattans and Martinis, and lemon cucumber seltzer. White wine mules. Lemon aide.

Coffee - friend making this.

Whishing all of you a very Happy Easter and Passover.!
Sounds so good!

Old 04-16-2023, 07:53 AM

12,120 posts, read 8,509,193 times
That sounds like fun, sheena. Must have been as much fun to plan as it was to eat.

I want to make an old-fashioned potatoes salad and have fried chicken, deviled eggs with it.

Yesterday I made a Mexican themed cheesecake. The crumb crust had Mayan honey and Mexican cinnamon in it, the filling had a generous helping of Mexican vanilla and orange juice and the topping was passionfruit.

Old 04-16-2023, 08:14 AM

48,589 posts, read 35,062,280 times
Ground turkey bowl with shwarma style seasoning, cukes, cabbage and avocado.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2023, 09:39 AM

10,211 posts, read 1,045,220 times
shepherd's pie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink