Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 08:35 PM

7 posts, read 3,560 times

Advertisements

That sounds like a good jaw exercise LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 05:25 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Vlasic might. They charge more than other brands and can do that based upon the quality of their pickles. If their quality goes down, they will lose their customer base..

Not many people will pay twice as much for a pickle that is not as good as the economy brand.

I pay a premium price for sweet gherkins and only buy two brand and Vlasic is one of them. If their quality falls, I will stop buying. If both brands fail, I will buy house brand Walmart pickles if they are just as good and half the price. I just hope that Vlasic and Mt Olivel keep the quality up. I'll pay for it to get good pickles.
I like Vlasic zesty dills. That's what i always buy. I haven't ever had a problem with them.
To me, Claussen doesn't taste as good.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:36 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
...and very expensive. When I buy a jar, I put fresh green beans in the liquid after the pickles are gone, for some dilly beans. It makes the pain at the checkout counter a little less.
Great idea! I agree pricey, but worth it.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:56 AM

1,400 posts, read 764,844 times
People, people...If this isn't a First World Problem, nothing is.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:17 AM

32,635 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
People, people...If this isn't a First World Problem, nothing is.

First world problem or not, this is the food forum and some of us are careful to get good value for the money we spend and we try to feed our families the best food we can get within our budget.

You'd have to get very low in a third world country to find anyone who is happy to pay good money for a food product that is nearly inedible. I suspect that the tighter money is the more careful the family cook is about food purchases. Food would have to be approaching unavailable before people will pay money for inferior food, and there are very few places in this world where there is no food to be had.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:56 AM

23,591 posts, read 70,374,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
That sounds tasty. Do you blanch the green beans first, or just straight off the vine?
Blanch. You could do it off the vine, I prefer to blanch. Sometimes I add a little more garlic as well.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:43 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,398,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Don't buy pickles with vinegar in the ingredients. You need the ones with Salt and water that have been fermented. There's otherwise no reason to consume them as they are not a high nutrient value at all.
Because we like them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink