Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 03:25 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times

Advertisements

pork kidneys is considered a delicacy,but it is more work,as you have it slice it open and remove the vessels>
what I dont understand is why pig tail is so popular,like ox tail,I guess the taste sinks to the tail,I see Chinese deli.will serve up sliced pig tail in soysauce and sesame oil over rice,it seems rather popular.
Back in old days,when a woman is ready to give birth,the older females in the family will start preparing a dish-pig feet,hardboiled eggs and ginger braised in soysauce and vinegar,the idea is that vinegar with pull the calcium from the pig feet,the eggs and meat will provide protein and ginger heals the wound ,thats the old way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 07:40 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I have never seen pork uterus in Asian supermarket,how does it look like?
The ones I have seen are mostly white and kinda look like chitlins in the package.

We call our local Asian market "bung hole", because that is how they had labeled some of the pig parts. Neither of those are on our culinary list, but I am glad to see they are making use of most of the pig, instead of wasting it.

Old 07-10-2022, 10:28 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
We grind everything into hot dogs !
Once I went to a store in Chicago Greek town,they have a deli selling parts of the lamb,including the sex organs.

Old 07-16-2022, 12:30 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Pork or chicken liver, hands down. Beef has that sticky lard to it... chicken liver has a bit more of bitter taste but is very soft and just needs to be cooked right.
BUT! Beef heart tastes great!!!!! Wife made stew out of it, was delicious.
Soaking chicken liver in milk for 30-60 minutes removes the bitter flavor.

I am not a fan of beef liver due to the smell. I love chicken liver pate and liverwurst. I think liverwurst is made from pork livers.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:56 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
We sell fresh beef pork and chicken livers ever day

Many old cat ladies buy chicken livers for there cats
And beef and pork livers are selling 3x more than they did
5 yrs ago … maybe because it’s cheap… and I’ve heard many customers say
They are on keto or carnivore diets

Old 07-23-2022, 01:10 PM

923 posts, read 525,851 times
Quote:
which one is better?
They both catch catfish very well.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:09 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Most grocery stores--at least from what I've seen--still sell cooked pork liver in the canned meat aisle. It's labeled liverwurst spread (so you're getting spices not just pure meat) and comes in a small, paper-wrapped can with a devil holding a pitchfork. The brand is called Underwood and they also make canned ham and chicken spreads in a similar package. I've also had beef liverwurst from a source online but have never eaten either type of liver straight. They're both delicious to me. Hard to choose!

Old 07-27-2022, 04:41 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Most grocery stores--at least from what I've seen--still sell cooked pork liver in the canned meat aisle. It's labeled liverwurst spread (so you're getting spices not just pure meat) and comes in a small, paper-wrapped can with a devil holding a pitchfork. The brand is called Underwood and they also make canned ham and chicken spreads in a similar package. I've also had beef liverwurst from a source online but have never eaten either type of liver straight. They're both delicious to me. Hard to choose!
You also have quite a few options containing pork liver in the refrigerated case - liverwurst, braunschweiger, and boudin sausage.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:57 AM

4 posts, read 2,248 times
Quote:
which one is better?
I prefer chicken liver, it has more protein and is cheaper.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:30 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Along with most other parts of the pig.
I've definitely seen some "parts" in an Asian Grocery before. Still the best place to shop, they have all of what you might want, along side of much of what you don't want. I'll take that. And if you find a great one, definitely good choices for produce and seafood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink