Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2020, 04:44 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That sounds amazing! Would you mind sharing your stuffing recipe? I have used this excellent cranberry, sausage stuffing recipe from America's Test Kitchen in the past, but I would like something that is equally tasty but with fewer steps if possible. I had cooked the stuffing inside of the bird cavity based on something out of the box when I didn't feel like making something from scratch, but I won't really have that option going with the Popeyes turkey this year.
It's in the recipe forum. I bumped up the thread. It's actually my mom's recipe but I have made it. you can make this in a casserole dish too and bake it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 04:49 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Unless we have guests, which is up in the air, I might try Publix turkey and fixings for $49. Then fill in with whatever is glaringly missing. The only problem with this plan is it’s probably cornbread stuffing, not yankee stuffing.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:10 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
I'm probably going to repeat what I did last year. A small or medium turkey from Whole Foods, along with their Cider Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pepitas and their Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Sage. I'll also make gluten free stuffing.

It's just me for Thanksgiving, but I like to divide everything out into portioned containers and freeze them to enjoy for future lunches. Then I use the turkey carcass to make stock that is also frozen.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:27 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Bacon wrapped smoked turkey breast, fresh cranberry/orange relish, golden dollar potatoes, real faux fake gravy!!!!!, sautéed mushrooms, green salad.
Sipping bourbon and a butter cookie for desert.
No family, no drama; no friends, no pending divorce drama.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:00 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,985 times
Well we're skipping having Thanksgiving back in California with our family this year due to Covid-19, but that's ok. We like our Thanksgiving meal better anyhow, but don't tell.

Smoked turkey roast
Dressing
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Balsamic bacon brussel sprouts
Hawaiian rolls.

Pecan pie and apple or pumpkin pie, I haven't decided which yet.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:32 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
ALL I'd care about are:

- My Mom's delicious stuffing recipe (of which I have the recipe)
- Jellied cranberry sauce

I eat turkey year-round, so that's nothing special to me.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:39 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,938 times
We’re still deciding if we head to Cancun for the week. If we don’t go then a USDA Prime rib roast will be on the menu with oven roasted potatoes and asparagus. I will make an au jus from the roast drippings. Hawaiian rolls as well that the kids enjoy.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:14 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Since I'm on my own here - not going to go to the usual huge gathering of friends.... hopefully, someone will bring me some actual turkey - otherwise, just another meal

Old 10-18-2020, 07:22 PM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
I'm still wondering if I'll have a Thanksgiving dinner this year. Haven't seen my daughter but once since the quarantine and that was through the front door. I do see my son now and then but can hardly have him without including her and she has daily contact with the public.

If it's just going to be the two of us I wouldn't mind trying a smoked breast this year. Maybe just a charcuterie tray with the cold turkey? We can graze.

I do plan to make a pecan pie and am looking for a good recipe that's not too sweet at present. I don't care for pumpkin pie and can make one for DH sometime this fall.

Our traditional meal is:

Stuffed roasted turkey
Extra casserole of dressing
Mashed Yukon golds and pan gravy
Either cheesy broccoli or cheesy carrot casserole
Cousin Barb's homemade oatmeal cloverleaf rolls
Homemade cranberry orange relish and beet pickles
Pumpkin pie and cinnamon ice cream or whipped cream

Old 10-18-2020, 08:55 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink