Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I got a mandoline (called a vidalia slicer or some such nonsense -- like you can't slice anything else with it??) with Billy Mays' picture on it for Christmas. I'm betting it will either a) get used once or twice and wind up in a garage sale this summer; or 2) break with the second using.
That was another gizmo someone gave me, brand new and in the box. Thought how handy it would be to slice a huge bunch of tomatoes for a BBQ event. Didn't work, wouldn't cut the tomatoes at all. Had a yard sale a week or so later and someone bought it for a couple of dollars!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 06:58 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
They are small sized buns, they were named after a silver dollar. This is a dollar bun party tray. You probably can't tell the size by this picture, so think White Castle size, but round and tastes more like a dinner roll.
I love the slider size burgers but where do you buy these dollar buns. I have tons of stores here and have never seen them

I use the hawaiian rolls as dinner rolls but I guess maybe they would work too

Old 12-30-2008, 07:21 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,688 times
This isn't a food item but it is still one of those "As seen on TV"

I bought the ped-egg about a year ago. My feet are just average, regular tootsies and lemme tell ya, although it didn't cut me, I would be using that stupid ped-egg for a year( no breaks, lol) before any real progress was made. LOL!

Shanny

Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
Just got thru cleaning (washing) my car. Bought a Shamwow "look a like" made in Isreal at a dollar store.

Price was cheap so what the heck. First time it streaked real bad and I had to use a wet towel to reclean. Washed it in washing machine to maybe clean it. So today tried to wipe down and it left a lot of small bubbles on the surface and glass. You have to wipe down again with a dry towel or in my case a old t-shirt before water spots dried. The imitation did obsorb some water but nothing of large proportion. For a dollar its okay...will keep my eye peeled for a original. Steve

Old 12-30-2008, 07:08 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,441 times
Has anyone tried those "toxin-removing"pads you put on your feet??
Does anyone remember the "scramble-an-egg-inside-the-shell" gizmo? How about the Ronco spray-on hair paint for men with bald spots??
I bought one of those stick-anywhere light bulbs but was disappointed by how dim it was...wasn't really worth the $10 at BB&B.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:32 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,610,405 times
Default What *As Seen on TV* Kitchen gadgets are worth the money?

I've tried a whole heap of them, and the only one worth the money is the Magic Bullet.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:16 AM

522 posts, read 1,856,203 times
Magic bullet is a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink