Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:27 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I want to buy that new hamburger griddle. The one where it makes 5 snack size burgers and you don't have to flip the burgers.
Me too I'm going to look at Bed Bath and Beyond this week. I like the size of the slider burgers but I was thinking what about the bun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:12 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Me too I'm going to look at Bed Bath and Beyond this week. I like the size of the slider burgers but I was thinking what about the bun
hmm--is it a new product? I have never heard of it....

Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 PM

38,900 posts, read 22,892,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Next time watch the Sham-Wow very carefully.
There is a small puddle of water towards the camera and a second later when he is to use the Sham-Wow the over spill of water is not there to be picked up...where did it go????
He taps the Sham-Wow lightly with a fist and supposedly it absorbs the water and he proceeds to wring out the water....don't know...I keep watching the same thing every time to make sure I'm seeing the same thing properly. I am... I am. Steve
I purchased a set of the Sham Wow towels earlier this year. They appear to be very absorbent and I'm pleased with them for the most part. However, the instructions included with them caution you to NOT put them in the dryer after machine washing them. (Oops!!! ) But even after going through the dryer, they still work fine.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:36 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
Thanx for the updated info. Steve

Old 12-28-2008, 09:40 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I purchased a set of the Sham Wow towels earlier this year. They appear to be very absorbent and I'm pleased with them for the most part. However, the instructions included with them caution you to NOT put them in the dryer after machine washing them. (Oops!!! ) But even after going through the dryer, they still work fine.
I tried mine out today and they work pretty well. They seem to dry quickly just by hanging them up.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:31 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,667,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Dinner rolls, dollar buns, those would be the perfect size.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:35 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,667,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
hmm--is it a new product? I have never heard of it....
Its called Big City Sliders. I went to MOA yesterday to the "As Seen On TV" store and they said they would have them in stock in about a month. I guess alot of people have been asking about them, so they better be getting alot of "stock".

Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,905,067 times
Ooooh, I just remembered, I tried Space Bags, and they suck.

The commercials show how you can pack clothing, pillows, blankets, etc in the bags, then such out the air with a vacuum cleaner, and they get really flat. This much is all true, and at first I was very pleased.

But what they don't tell you is that the bags break VERY EASILY. No matter how many I bought, and no matter what size, at least half of them split while I was packing them, and the rest split after being stored for a while. First the air lock breaks, the flat package gets big again, and when you try to re-suck out the air, you realize the bag is broken.

I don't know why they just don't make them with a more flexible kind of plastic that doesn't break. The whole air-sucking-out part is ingenious.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Ooooh, I just remembered, I tried Space Bags, and they suck.

The commercials show how you can pack clothing, pillows, blankets, etc in the bags, then such out the air with a vacuum cleaner, and they get really flat. This much is all true, and at first I was very pleased.

But what they don't tell you is that the bags break VERY EASILY. No matter how many I bought, and no matter what size, at least half of them split while I was packing them, and the rest split after being stored for a while. First the air lock breaks, the flat package gets big again, and when you try to re-suck out the air, you realize the bag is broken.

I don't know why they just don't make them with a more flexible kind of plastic that doesn't break. The whole air-sucking-out part is ingenious.
Yep, they don't work We were driving across country and by the time we got there they had all expanded Don't waste your money

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Dinner rolls, dollar buns, those would be the perfect size.
okay, thanks. What are dollar buns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink