Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I'm sure our invites will arrive in the mail tomorrow.
What???

You didn't get the invitation yet? Darn post office.

Oops, I wonder if I put stamps on all the invites???

Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Yeh, yeh, yeh. Heard that before. Oh, and you'll respect me in the morning, I'm sure.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:51 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Kimba-do you have tortilla wraps or english muffins for those burgers? I had a quesedilla burger and it was great.

Yes-Debsi-think you're doing all the right things-and I am a red meat lover.
Actually, I just bought some nice sesame seed buns, but those do sound good too!

Busy day today, didn't get a chance to put the ingredients in the crock like I intended so that will be tomorrow. Had hot dawgs and baked beans and some julienne potatos courtesy of Betty C. Not the best dinner but actually the dawgs were good!

Have a great evening!

Old 04-22-2009, 06:57 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Yeh, yeh, yeh. Heard that before. Oh, and you'll respect me in the morning, I'm sure.
LOL!!! But I would....I really would....

Just touch me in the morning and just walk away!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Leave me as you found me....

Yeh, I saw the original Poseidon Adventure too!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
I just had a little dinner extension. Hot out of the oven cinnamon rolls.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,241 times
Tonight we went to eat at T.G.I.Fridays.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Oh, goodness but there's a lot going on here today! Joyful congratulations to our smoke-free heroines Cyn, MTH and Jaxson!!! I am so excited to think of those lungs getting all pink and healthy again that I just almost can't sit still. All three of you are showing your love for your families and friends in *the very best* possible way, and all of us who love you are grateful for it. Please keep up the good work - we care about you.

Lacey, so very glad to hear that you sailed through that final indignity today so quickly and successfully. I know you're glad to have that behind you, in a manner of speaking, that is. No pun intended - really! I've read that it's really important to take in plenty of fluids and fiber after a test like that to be sure that the barium makes its exit promptly. Here's wishing you more energy very quickly.

MTH, those days when the AC went on the fritz were one of the things I most disliked about living in Texas. We lived about 300 miles south of Houston, and that AC had to be able to run 24/7 year-round. When it broke, we were miserable. I hope yours proves to be fast and easy and inexpensive to fix!

Another long day at work, and I came home to find 63 new emails about the convention in my inbox since 7:30 this morning. This is what I need to remind myself of when we meet in June to divvy up the jobs for next year's event.... By then, I always forget what this final month or so is like and I volunteer for just as many jobs as the previous year. The spouse has got me beat this time, though, because he's already agreed to co-chair the whole committee again next year. He and I collaborated on that job a couple of years ago, and I won't ever do that again unless I retire first.

Supper tonight was wonderful - the spouse made pork chops, which our kids used to call "chork pops" when they were much younger, and they were absolutely wonderful. He seared them quickly in a hot pan first, then added mushrooms and onions, some Penzey's Mural of Flavor (salt-free seasoning mixture) and white wine, and simmered it all together for a while. The chops were heavenly moist and tender, the mushroom-onion-wine gravy to die for, and I was a very, very happy camper. He opted for home fries and asparagus for sides, and we were actually too full to dip into the Brownies of Doom for dessert tonight. That's ok, though, the college boy will be in town this weekend, and I expect to have a totally empty refrigerator by the time he heads back Sunday afternoon. Mr. Vacuum-Cleaner-Mouth can empty out a fridge in a single evening if he puts his mind to it.

Dishes await, then shower and bed, so good night all, see you in the funny papers.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
George have fun at your party time!

MTH sorry your A/C broke that must be awful down there. I didn't turn ours on until July last year folks around here thought I lost my mind. But my house stays fairly cool.

Nomad I see you are still eating sweets is it just chocolate Mrs. is limiting you with? I have been craving salty lately.

molochai well what did you have at T.G.I. F.?

MWBW thanks for the late night cheer boost the other girls will see if tomorrow. Can't go wrong with pork chops in my book ever.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
Our Mexican dinner was great! It is always nice to take a mid week break, especially during a crazy week. It was beautiful out and we got to sit on the patio. BF had a carnitas burrito smothered with cheese and green chile along with a guacamole tostada, and I had a mahi mahi fish taco, a carnitas taco, and a side of beans.

No clue what tomorrow's dinner will be....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink