Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 06:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,333,273 times

Advertisements

Thank you Kimba for the kind thoughts. I've already passed the "3" mark and am on "4" so I hope four bad things is enough. I could sure use some happy times now!
Jaxson, my DH sliced the ring bologna lengthwise in half and then grilled both sides. He also heated up some boston baked beans to which he added some salsa. It was yummy!! He served the ring bologna over the beans.
Tonight is definately chicken---just not sure how I am going to prepare it. I am still leaning towards Lacey's chicken marsala. I think I have everything I need for that.
Rain or no rain I am going to start planting these roses!! Even if it's just a few!! So once again I will be out in the yard---at least for awhile.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:33 AM

48,181 posts, read 22,028,673 times
I am not sure about supper......maybe salmon.....NO! I have scallops in the freezer.....Scallops tonight. I got to go take them out to thaw!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:00 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you Kimba for the kind thoughts. I've already passed the "3" mark and am on "4" so I hope four bad things is enough. I could sure use some happy times now!
Jaxson, my DH sliced the ring bologna lengthwise in half and then grilled both sides. He also heated up some boston baked beans to which he added some salsa. It was yummy!! He served the ring bologna over the beans.
Tonight is definately chicken---just not sure how I am going to prepare it. I am still leaning towards Lacey's chicken marsala. I think I have everything I need for that.
Rain or no rain I am going to start planting these roses!! Even if it's just a few!! So once again I will be out in the yard---at least for awhile.
When I was a kid I would make what I called a bologna bowl....- I nuked it up so it would curl into a bowl and then melt cheese in the middle... sometimes I would put beans in the middle.... this remids me of it... LOL... I think I need a bologna bowl....

Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,527,530 times
Good morning.

Had a very busy day yesterday, so I never ended up having my lovely marinated lamb chops! We had egg salad on baguette instead.

Oh well, I figure another day in the EVOO-rosemary-sage-thyme-oregano bath won't hurt the lamb any. Probably make rice and salad to go with.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:43 AM

48,181 posts, read 22,028,673 times
Default Some Things Never Change....:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
When I was a kid I would make what I called a bologna bowl....- I nuked it up so it would curl into a bowl and then melt cheese in the middle... sometimes I would put beans in the middle.... this remids me of it... LOL... I think I need a bologna bowl....
We did the same long before the invention of micro-wave....we made our "balogna bowl" in a cast iron fry pan on an oil burning kitchen range....and filled ours with scrambled eggs and we too often had baked beans with it.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:17 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,949,382 times
Morning all. Very tired today as I didn't sleep well last night (which is normal for a Sunday for some reason)

Anyway, the chicken last night was de-lic-ious! The jalapenos really added a nice touch of heat and blended well with the lemon, garlic, and rosemary.

Tonight I've requested BF to make his jambalaya. I bought all the ingredients yesterday for him.

We'll eat it as we watch Michigan State (hopefully) beat North Carolina in the NCAA basketball final tonight!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,971,963 times
Good morning!

Tonight for dinner, I am making a Jewish dish that was handed down to me from friends. Very easy to make and it's very good as a leftover.

Quezo Con Toma`t

Cook 1 to 2 bags of wide egg noodles (I use one bag for me and DH)

Chop up 5-6 garlic cloves, put in pot and saute in EVOO

Add 2, 28 ounce cans of Progresso Crushed tomato sauce

Slice up, 1-2 red peppers and cook peppers until soft in the sauce

Add the noodles to the sauce and mix

Last 5 minutes, take chunks of Feta cheese (2 blocks) and mix gently into sauce and noodles, save some to add to the top of finished dish.

Tonight I am adding some cut up cooked chicken cutlets to the recipe.

Have a great day!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:47 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
Hawaii sounds delicious and easy.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:16 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,204,852 times
cyn thanks I have never had ring bologna grilled but we are going to try it soon. I have had fried bologna but never thought about cooking the ring bologna on the grill.

Hi foodies same weather here, rain, just a different day makes it hard to read folks outside when I am needing a raft. Having pork chops for supper no thought on the sides but thinking fried or steamed cabbage will be one of them. Have a great day!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:33 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,685,451 times
The way the weather is shaping up we may have a store bought supper. I think a 12" sub wife and I can share would be good. Maybe I should plan to grill and give the rain a better chance of getting here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink