Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 06:14 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
If you see/remember a particular recipe just let us know which one and we will help you find it. Since we changed to "What's for dinner tonight part 3" some of those great recipes are in the other part but I copied and pasted most of them. Just yell it out and I'll do my best to help you locate it and if I can't find it someone else will!!
Thank you! I will do that!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:44 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Supper tonight was fried liver and onions with mushrooms, mashed potatoes and Fordhook Lima beans cooked in milk - all wonderful. And there's enough leftover mashed potatoes to make a batch of mashed potato soup in a couple of days - woo-hoo!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Ah George-are our invites in the mail???? NMS told me to ask as she's so shy!
You are in charge of driving the bus since I am hosting!!! We live so close to the "heart" of the festivities that it is perfect for our guests to drop in for food, a mimosa or two, walk the festival, come back, use the facilities, get some more to eat, refill on a drink and go back out again. It is the biggest neighborhood festival in Atlanta.

Check out the website Inman Park Festival (http://www.inmanparkfestival.org/2009.php - broken link)

I am especially grateful for having two refrigerators at festival time!

I will fill everyone in on the menu after I finish fine tuning it.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:58 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,136,731 times
Good evening all! DW informed me that we were having meatloaf tonight~ AFTER I made it!

So had meatloaf, potato salad, cole slaw and bread for supper~ did alright!

Cooler and a little wind today only got to 67~ tommorow supposed to be in the mid seventys

Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
My steak was so good I'm having to stretch to reach the keyboard. All 32 OZ of that porterhouse has been laid to rest. I had garlic mashed red potatoes with skins on with house salad and a side of armadillo eggs. We drank water with our meals. Wife had baked potato in stead of the good stuff. I told her I had used up my allotment of red meat until May now. Those steaks were cooked over a real wood fire and had a house specialty dry rub on them. I had planned on bringing half mine home for lunch tomorrow. I may not need lunch tomorrow now.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
We got home just a little bit ago; we did go to "The Frog and Turtle Gastro Pub" and it turned out to be a charming little bistro. Frog and Turtle A Gastro Pub Nice atmosphere and good service and interesting menu. It was "wing night" (chicken wings with choice of dipping sauce $.50 a wing.) We started with a dozen wings and cocktails. Really good. (They also had live music.) Then we both chose the lamb shank in a boulanaise sauce with wild mushrooms and rigatoni pasta ! It was delicous and we brought a lot home. We will definately be going back to The Frog and Turtle. We feel as if we have found "our place".

Old 04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,146,025 times
The new grilled chicken at KFC...Tasty...with my bagged Caesar salad.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
MWBW a friend and I just had a talk similar to what you just went through at the fancy joint. We concluded that the older we are getting the less acceptable things are when they are not done well. Plus the older we have gotten the better cooks we have become mostly so eating out is a let down to our palates. Then to our wallets which is connected to our minds that holds our good senses. Oh we can get deep on little things like that.

Nomad tell the Mrs. happy belated birthday! You get a deal down there on bdays~~up here most places are even doing away with free dessert on your bday. Most have given up the singing to the person which I think is a good thing. What are armadillo eggs?

elston do you suppose DP got wind of all of us saying he needs to take you out??? Glad you found a nice place you call your own possibly.

MTH sorry you are still sick but so happy for still not smoking. I know about the weight gain as well I posted over in the snack thread about it. Just trying to get that oral fix with no calories or sugary things.

I Am Woman hope you feel better soon I would missing crunching things for that long.

Debsi that is why I always keep some of that spanish sauce in the freezer for quick meals or after school snacks.

HL happy belated bday to you as well! Hope you had a joyful day.

Mookster when you see mention of a recipe go up to the top of the page click on 'search this forum' type in the name of the recipe. If it is in the dinner thread it will pop up for ya if not go to the main food or recipe forum page and click then type it in. It will pull up all food threads that have what you are looking for. If all that fails just ask one of us might have it to repost for ya. My old computer tower got hit by lightening a couple of weeks ago and I just realized last weekend that a lot of my recipes are on that computer.

HG hope things went well with your procedure.

Howdy foodies! Well I have been hankering for a big ole juicy hamburger like Lacey was talking about yesterday. But my kids wanted taco salad last night and I need to make chicken salad today with the rest of the grapes in the fridge. Don't know if that will be our supper or not yet.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Jaxson Armadillo eggs are jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheese then battered and deep fried. Yummy.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Are they hot like plain peppers Nomad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink