Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,605,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
Honey, I have had tonsils removed - 3 TIMES!! Once at 7, once at 17, and once at 20!!! Yikes! They never get everything, and mine decided to grow back - twice. Not fun, I can tell you, but I LOVED the ice cream and popsicles!!
You've got to be kidding me - how awful! Hugs to you. I'll have to get some recs from George before we visit the inlaws next time

Old 06-13-2009, 11:04 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,097,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I'll have to get some recs from George before we visit the inlaws next time
I'm like Delta, "ready when you are". I should start a hotline and charge people

My partner frets once a year, every year. He has to decide where he's taking me for my birthday

Old 06-13-2009, 11:23 AM

1,116 posts, read 2,965,654 times
Pork loin in the fridge that I've been procrastination on portioning. If it were up to me, I'd shave the whole thing for lettuce wraps, but I think DH might get tired of them after a while... Not me!

Tonight is probably garlic-lime marinated pork chops and a big crunchy green salad.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:36 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,525,481 times
George shares my mosquito chocolate cakeness, or should that be chocolate cakeosity?

The first thing I did in May was buy the 5 pack of Deep Woods Off from Costco.

For dinner I am going to stir-fry some shrimp/cabbage/green onion in my wok, along with a couple of the baby habaneros from my topsy-turvy.

Broccoli and white rice on the side.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:29 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,341,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
George shares my mosquito chocolate cakeness, or should that be chocolate cakeosity?
Definitely cakeosity. And let me just say that the rest of us simply LOVE having one of your mosquito magnets around when we're outdoors - they all glom onto you guys and leave the rest of us alone! I've wondered if it has something to do with body temperature, because my spouse is another MM, and his normal temp is about half a degree higher than most people.

We've got a pair of birthdays to celebrate today - daughter turned 26 last Sunday and her boyfriend turns 39 this coming Monday - so we're taking them out to a wonderful local steak restaurant for supper tonight. It's not a fancy place, more like an old-style Wisconsin supper club, but it has been *the* place in Madison for steaks for decades: Smoky's Main Page

But before we can head out for Smoky's, there's a lawn to mow and edge and some weeds to pull, so I'd best stop goofing off here and go get busy. Have a wonderful Saturday, all, see you later.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:38 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,252,858 times
Toosie, I hope both of you will be feeling better soon. Chicken soup!

George, I have the Deet right in my purse. Nothing is worse then the "no seeims" in Key West, those suckers chew the skin right off you

skbs: kelsie's camping 1-800 Go Hyatt How do you spell "room service"?

Dinner last night turned out better than expected. The Marsala/chicken broth sauce just made the stuffed chicken absolutely delicious.
Our friends dad just came back from fishing in Alaska and they brought us Alaskan Halibut and Speckled Trout fillets (they don't eat fish) We do!

Tonight we are ordering NY Pizza, thin & well done from our new Pizzeria. 16" cheese pizza $6.95, I have Imported Pepperoni in the fridge so I will just add my own and call it dinner.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. I'll be back later. kelsie

Old 06-13-2009, 01:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
MWBW-that place looks wonderful. What time are the reservations-if we leave now we can be there by-oops 9PM-too late.

Kelsie a plan for sure.

I roasted my turkey this morning and glad I did as I got so much done and I'm still bored. Stained the cedar railing on front porch (needed a touch up), pruned a big shrub, went antiquing w/Mr. L, laundered linens, took apart my curio cabinet and washed all the stuff, polished the glass and mirrors (bigger job than I thought), husked 6 ears of corn. And it's still 2 hrs and 45 min to cocktails!

Have no clue where this energy has been coming from-LOL.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:18 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,463,129 times
Since this cold has me down I don't feel much like cooking. My tastebuds still work (yeah!) so I think I'll have the leftover spaghetti we had for dinner the other night. Easy to heat up...just pop in the microwave! Hubby will have to fend for himself. Since he doesn't cook, he'll just heat up a can of soup and have crackers with it or eat about 3 bowls of cereal...LOL

Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,030,934 times
I seasoned some chicken breasts with emiril's essense and browned them in butter. Took them out of the pan and added a little more butter and olive oil and sauted some red peppers, green onion, mushrooms and garlic. Added some cream and salt, pepper, lemon pepper, dried basil and the chicken cut up and let it simmer a bit together. Served it over pasta and topped it with some Asiago cheese. It was good!

Old 06-13-2009, 06:00 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,679,200 times
To hot to enjoy supper yet so I'm having an appetizer of cold V8 juice. Fruit salad later on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink