Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

Welcome to ""What's For Dinner Part Four"!!!!!
Same place, same table and the same friends!!

The previous What's For Dinner Tonight thread can be found here.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-08-2009 at 06:23 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,317,297 times
WFDT?

Tilapia and green beans. My goal is always "food that can be prepared in 10 minutes or less." Because I'm lazy. And I hate to take the time to cook. So dinner will be tilapia -- I don't do anything special to them: just toss them in the skillet for a few minutes on each side and squeeze a lemon over them when they're done. Voila! -- and steamed green beans (using those steam-in-the-microwave packages) with toasted slivered almonds,

Maybe I'll open a can of black-eyed peas. Add a glass of milk and that's about as balanced a meal as I'm likely to eat.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:03 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,037 times
You are most welcomed CW
Ahhh lacey---

MTH: OMG, I remember that wallpaper, I knew someone who had it. Mine was white, red & blue with red kitchen curtains At least I opted for white appliances instead of the "ever popular", almond or Avocado. I remember friends of mine telling me how outdated I was.

I just finished up the lunch dishes and will be preparing tonight's dinner shortly.

Come on down Coastal, I will have plenty.

I will catch up with you all later, have a great afternoon. kelsie

Old 06-08-2009, 12:04 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,964,589 times
Last night DH didn't get home until 12am (late night at work), so we grabbed a bite at waffle house. Should have cooked, but who wants to do dishes at one in the morning?

Today we're making homemade sushi and some chinese spare ribs.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
You are most welcomed CW
Ahhh lacey---

MTH: OMG, I remember that wallpaper, I knew someone who had it. Mine was white, red & blue with red kitchen curtains At least I opted for white appliances instead of the "ever popular", almond or Avocado. I remember friends of mine telling me how outdated I was.

I just finished up the lunch dishes and will be preparing tonight's dinner shortly.

Come on down Coastal, I will have plenty.

I will catch up with you all later, have a great afternoon. kelsie
You should see our bathroom wallpaper, same awful colors but with a zigzag pattern. I try not to look at it. We have been here almost two years and today I was reorganizing the cupboards and saw how awful the wallpaper looked, (its in a border along the top of the wall next to the ceiling.) I just had to clean it. The sun is hitting it now and it just shines. LOL I am having a hardtime ignoring it now. Ugh.....I wish our landlord would let us paint.

Dinner tonight decided, pasta with some sorta cream sauce. I may thaw out some shrimp to throw in there.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,670 times
Hello foodie friends!

I have some leftover cole slaw from yesterday, so I think, we're going to have some kind of sandwiches this evening. I was thinking of Roasted Turkey Breast and put some slaw on it and some Russian dressing.

Have a wonderful night.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:33 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
Congratulations HighlandGal!!! So when should we all expected our invitations?

Theater and dinner recap: Dinner was awesome! The restaurant was beautiful and the weather was perfect too. We literally sat across the street from the theater. People watching could not have been more fun! The bartender even made me the perfect martini

The restaurant had a three course dinner for the theater or you could order a la carte. We all opted for the prix fix. I started with the Jerusalem artichoke soup. Lapped every ounce up!

My entrée was a braised short ribs over a potato gratin. The potatoes were a little underdone but the short ribs were fork tender.

Dessert was a chocolate praline mousse. I was embarrassed when the waiter had to pry the glass bowl out of my hand

"Jersey Boys" was great fun too. The music is timeless and the storytelling was very clever.

Just got back from the grocery store, put away and prepped food. Tonight, I will cheat a little as I purchased a whole duck (Peking style). I haven't decided on whether making some Chinese broccoli (gai lan) to go with that or just serve some edaname. My cat Mooner, loves the raw leaves from the gai lan so I had to give him some as I was putting it away in the fridge.

There were some gorgeous strawberries at the market. Maybe I will make this strawberry shortcake recipe. Strawberry Shortcake Recipe : : Food Network

Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for all the well wishes. I have the best guy....he got me good! I never in a million years thought I would be getting engaged over the weekend - I was speechless and I still don't think it has fully hit me. He proposed at Maroon Bells just outside of Aspen. If you haven't ever been there, I highly recommend it. It is gorgeous. My ring is beautiful - okay stunning - but I don't know how to post a pic from my phone so you'll just have to use your imagination....it is 1.75 carats with 3 diamonds and a platinum band. Middle stone is 1 carat and I'll shut up about it know because it makes me blush!!!

Anyway, dinner tonight is going to black bean soup and cheese quesadillas. Gotta run I am attending a three day seminar!

Good luck to mr. L lacey!!

Old 06-08-2009, 03:12 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Congrats again HG...Now for dinner. Still undecided. Nothing sounds even remotely good now. Not even junk food or pizza. Most likely a tomato and Swiss cheese sandwich on multigrain bread.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:43 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Congratulations HighlandsGal!!! Sounds so romantic!

No idea what's for dinner. Whatever jumps out at me at the grocery store I think. Or maybe Thai take-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink