Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,938 times

Advertisements

Welcome back Kats!

Thank you Cyn for setting up our new table.

We're going to have BLT's for dinner. That reminds, I wanted to make more cole slaw since I still have cabbage.
See you later!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Evening all !

This evening I have made a Greek Pastichio with pork rather than lamb or beef as it's what I had in the freezer.
It's a while since I made it and my Bechamel sauce has turned out OK which is a relief. It's grey and rainy here and Pastichio is perfect comfort food.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Welcome back Kats!

Thank you Cyn for setting up our new table.

We're going to have BLT's for dinner. That reminds, I wanted to make more cole slaw since I still have cabbage.
See you later!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Evening all !

This evening I have made a Greek Pastichio with pork rather than lamb or beef as it's what I had in the freezer.
It's a while since I made it and my Bechamel sauce has turned out OK which is a relief. It's grey and rainy here and Pastichio is perfect comfort food.
And the great vicarious eating continues! BLT, yum! And Moosie, yours sounds good too. Keep the great dinners coming, y'all. At least I can feast in my imagination.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
I think I have changed my wandering mind. It is hot and I think a cool bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber salad would be more appetizing tonight. Think I will dress it with some plain mayo and call it good. Of course somewhere in the mix will be some jalapenos. May even toss in a couple slices of the holy cheese.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,947,287 times
Not sure what we are having yet....we have a pound of extra lean ground beef defrosting so something with that - maybe baked cheese ravioli with a meat sauce on top or a hamburger mac and cheese??? I just ate two pieces of pizza for lunch so at the moment I am not even hungry for dinner.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,093,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Yum!!!

Prepping for dinner is complete. I have the shortcake in the oven baking now. The strawberries are in the fridge being macerated. Guess what dessert will be I never made it last night and just had some fresh seedless watermelon for dessert instead. The watermelon was only $2.99 for an entire one so I couldn't pass it up!

The leek, onion and mushroom tart just needs to baked off for this evening. I will serve it with a nice crisp salad. It's getting hot here and I wanted to get as much done before it got too hot

Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Hi all-busy little foodies here.

Well we finally got home-thought we were taking up residence. He went in at 7:30 and I paced the room. They came and got me-moved to another room as he was having problems (gas). They were so great and it took a very long time (hours) and he did not look good at all.

Doc was thrilled with results as Chron's is apparently in remission and he was amazed at what he saw. Good sign there.

Home now and he's snoring after some scrambled eggs and toast. May not do the clam sauce-could just be pasta w/butter and parm for him as it'll set better.

NMS Best of luck and safe trip tomorrow and Happy Anniversary!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,093,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Doc was thrilled with results as Chron's is apparently in remission and he was amazed at what he saw. Good sign there.
Great news!!!

I have some spare gas if anyone needs any Too bad I can't run my car off of it

Old 06-09-2009, 12:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
I asked the doc if he emptied every tank in town on him-yuk.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:40 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yum!!!

Prepping for dinner is complete. I have the shortcake in the oven baking now. The strawberries are in the fridge being macerated. Guess what dessert will be I never made it last night and just had some fresh seedless watermelon for dessert instead. The watermelon was only $2.99 for an entire one so I couldn't pass it up!

The leek, onion and mushroom tart just needs to baked off for this evening. I will serve it with a nice crisp salad. It's getting hot here and I wanted to get as much done before it got too hot
I'll have some of that thank you very much ! The tart sounds simply gorgeous. I am way too chicken to make my own pastry, do you make your own ? Strawberries and shortcake, that should be made illegal , way too naughty to be moral .

My Step-Mother used to make the best onion tart in the world, it was simply so perfect that all you needed was a little green salad and a big appetite. Her pastry was light as air, I never got handed down that talent though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink