Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 46,472 times

Advertisements

Pokecheck that is funny good luck Ultra thank you so much for the offer I will private message you with some questions I do have. I appreciate that very sweet of you . Katiana very true and David yes there isnt lol. Now on to the craziness of uprooting our life gonna be stressfull for a while. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 04:55 PM

566 posts, read 1,939,033 times
I will join those who say that coming from CA will not be an issue. Now if you were moving to Oregon that would be another thing altogether.

We came from SoCal and have been here seven years. Loveland/Ft. Collins is a great family place. I will say, however, that we found it slow making friends with Coloradoans. To this day most of our best friends are those who moved here from outside Colorado (Texas, other Californians, Floridians). There's just something odd about the local people. They tend to keep their distance. Everyone here is nice and courteous. But they don't have the outgoing nature and ability to make quick friendships that Californias or Texans have.

I'd suggest you get involved with a church or youth sports group (we did neither). I think you will have better chances making friendships that way.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
We came from SoCal and have been here seven years. Loveland/Ft. Collins is a great family place. I will say, however, that we found it slow making friends with Coloradoans. To this day most of our best friends are those who moved here from outside Colorado (Texas, other Californians, Floridians). There's just something odd about the local people. They tend to keep their distance. Everyone here is nice and courteous. But they don't have the outgoing nature and ability to make quick friendships that Californias or Texans have.
We've had this problem as well. In fact, a plurality of the friends we have are Californians too.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:35 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,925,232 times
I am familiar with the Inland empire, I work near there on different projects. I live 15 miles from loveland. I think you will be quite happy in Loveland, probably wish you had left sooner. The sentiment about Californians was mostly when a number of them were moving from there, and because of the high real estate prices were able to cash out their equity there and pay cash in full here. That in turn drove up the prices here. the same thing happened in Oregon. This made it more expensive for the locals. That has pretty much gone away, and not an issue anymore. Besides I believe you have to get new plates within 30 days of residency anyway. So relax, don't worry, and come on over.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 PM

11 posts, read 46,472 times
Cobmw interesting bit of information thank you. Im already looking online for churches and saw a few we will visit and my 8 year old is into some sports so that is always a good start, thank you. David where were you from in IE? We are Corona. Well whatever happens Ill just do my best with my situation, my family comes first Thank you whirnot for your input and welcoming

Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
Katriana, on the other hand, if you want to fit in in Loveland, or other cities away from California don't go around bragging you are from California and looking down your nose at others not from California. My family settled in California back in the mid 1800s so we go back a ways. We watched California become the place it is today, and today we have left because of what it has become.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Katriana, on the other hand, if you want to fit in in Loveland, or other cities away from California don't go around bragging you are from California and looking down your nose at others not from California. My family settled in California back in the mid 1800s so we go back a ways. We watched California become the place it is today, and today we have left because of what it has become.
NO ONE should have to apologize for who they are. NO ONE!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrteam View Post
David where were you from in IE? We are Corona.
Hah, I grew up in Corona! Home Gardens, Grant St/Magnolia.

Moved to Riverside for HS, 91/Pierce St.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:36 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
We've had this problem as well. In fact, a plurality of the friends we have are Californians too.
It's not just you-- I think native Coloradans tend to be cold and unfriendly to those not in their immediate social circle. I also tend to relate better to "transplants." People from California are usually friendly, IMO. And I say this as a native Coloradan, but one who lived elsewhere for the better part of 6 years.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,925,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
It's not just you-- I think native Coloradans tend to be cold and unfriendly to those not in their immediate social circle. I also tend to relate better to "transplants." People from California are usually friendly, IMO. And I say this as a native Coloradan, but one who lived elsewhere for the better part of 6 years.
OH Hogwash, just get out! Just kidding, From a "Native"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area