Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:39 PM

326 posts, read 470,537 times

Advertisements

I am rather flabbergasted that homes can possibly be selling for beyond dirt cheap prices in tropical paradise. On Realtor.com, I have seen, in a few instances, a few widely scattered homes all over the south florida metro area for sale with prices all the way down in the quadruple digits (on very rare occasions, even as low as $1,500, even for as big as 1000+ square feet!!!); so cheap it seems as if even a caveman could buy it. has anyone else ever seen homes for sale at that low a price in the deep south before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 01:44 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
I am rather flabbergasted that homes can possibly be selling for beyond dirt cheap prices in tropical paradise. On Realtor.com, I have seen, in a few instances, a few widely scattered homes all over the south florida metro area for sale with prices all the way down in the quadruple digits (on very rare occasions, even as low as $1,500, even for as big as 1000+ square feet!!!); so cheap it seems as if even a caveman could buy it. has anyone else ever seen homes for sale at that low a price in the deep south before?
1. Dade is Caribbean/Latin City, not Deep South.
2. Broward is Northeastern, not Deep South.

3.Yeah, plenty, 1500 a month for rent! You might find a 5 digit home in Sistrunk or Liberty City, but I don't think you would call those neighborhoods "tropical paradise".

Just for curiosity, are you considering a move here? I have seen you post strangely random threads on this forum many times.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:47 PM

52 posts, read 249,963 times
Yeah...I'd like to see these homes you're talking about...

Old 07-19-2007, 01:54 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
I called a realtor once the ones he had listed were condemed! 1 good looking 1 was a rental!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:55 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
$1,500 would be a rental.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post

Just for curiosity, are you considering a move here? I have seen you post strangely random threads on this forum many times.
I am downright PLOTTING a move down there!!! considering the friendliness I have encountered, even in Fort Lauderdale, and the fact that I have NEVER seen streets crawling with homeless and hungry people and/or people covered with sores all over, practically no neighborhoods that even come CLOSE to resembling Chicago's west side, and no vast empty areas of the strip malls (which would, in my point of view, literally mean a 3rd world situation) I have a strong feeling that life would be great down there. As of now, I am primarily shooting for either Fort Myers or Fort Lauderdale. By the way, i am like totally surprised that there is nobody on these forums that knows about or have had personal experiences with the centers for independent living down there!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:09 PM

By the way, the homes i saw for $3 or 4 k and lower were not in the "rentals" section of the site; according to the listings, they were FOR SALE at those prices!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:09 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
I am downright PLOTTING a move down there!!! considering the friendliness I have encountered, even in Fort Lauderdale, and the fact that I have NEVER seen streets crawling with homeless and hungry people and/or people covered with sores all over, practically no neighborhoods that even come CLOSE to resembling Chicago's west side, and no vast empty areas of the strip malls (which would, in my point of view, literally mean a 3rd world situation) I have a strong feeling that life would be great down there. As of now, I am primarily shooting for either Fort Myers or Fort Lauderdale. By the way, i am like totally surprised that there is nobody on these forums that knows about or have had personal experiences with the centers for independent living down there!
Yeah, Lauderdale is signifigantly safer as a city than Fort Myers, but Lee is safer than Broward as a county, and Fort Lauderdale is not exactly a walk in the park in many sections.Anyway, If you want excitement, go Broward. If you want to slow your life down, go south Fort Myers. I am warning you; its expensive here, please don't think otherwise, or you will be in for a big disappointment. True, Browards and Lees economy is downright lively compared to a lot of places(even in Orlando i notice there were a lot of empty strip malls/etc and you never see that down here), but please be aware that to buy a single family home in a safe part of Lee or Broward, you are talking minimum 325 thousand dollars.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:56 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,013 times
Some of those may be time shares also so you will want to check it out before getting your hopes up.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,138,002 times
Quote:
By the way, the homes i saw for $3 or 4 k and lower were not in the "rentals" section of the site; according to the listings, they were FOR SALE at those prices!
They might be foreclosed crack houses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area