Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:33 AM

30 posts, read 48,588 times

Advertisements

Yes!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
OP likely means more diverse as in more non-hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:40 AM

I have only been here for 4 months so I am not familiar 595. My husband works on blue lagoon drive in Miami and that would be the only factor to consider. I don't mind the spanish, it is just overkill here. If it is some I don't mind but I do mind it being the majority. Especially if I can't ask an employee of a store to give me a half lb of chicken breast or what isle can I find light bulbs lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
If you are over Doral you will not like Weston as it will feel like a softer, kindler version of it. You will not need Spanish at the drive-thru or publix but you will hear enough of it to annoy you after being in Doral. Had you moved to Weston originally you would have likely liked it, however. Also, don't let relatively good rental prices in nice areas sway you towards Pembroke Pines or Miramar either. Mine as well stay in Doral or move to Kendall because that is what those areas will feel like after you are there.

Your big decision is whether you want to live east or west based on your own working, school, lifestyle or transportation needs. Once you decide that, it will be much easier to pinpoint the best areas for you. Regardless, you will certainly notice a big difference landing north of 595, east or west.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:44 AM

Where? Doral is very small as far as what I have seen but then again I've only been here for a few months. Are there places in Dade or any other county near by that matches my criteria?
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylover1 View Post
Most of the recommendations here are not what the OP is asking for. OP asked for, "city or neighborhood that is middle class, low crime, diverse, quiet and more family oriented."

Most of the ones recommend are not diverse.

For what you're looking for OP in Broward county, only places I can recommend are some places in Coral Springs, some places in Deerfield and some places in Sunrise. I think those are the only places that come to mind because either some places are quiet but not diverse, diverse but not quiet, etc. Also, I mention SOME places in Coral Springs, etc. because only some areas are like that and some areas aren't.

It sucks that where your home is in Doral is like that. A lot of Doral is not like that. Looks like you got the short end of the stick lol.

EDIT: Coconut Creek seems to be great all around.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Wow, is cooper city is rural or more city? Is Davie a county?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralanprod View Post
If you want quiet, Weston, West Davie and Cooper City are the best choices.

We moved to Cooper City from central Miramar earlier this year, and let me tell you - I don't miss the police helicopters flying overhead nightly one bit.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:59 AM

515 posts, read 624,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylover1 View Post
People are still using the whole incorrect and untrue spanish crap? how is it that when I'm in Dade, whether it's Kendall, the hammocks, the city, miami beach and more I never have a problem with the language? obviously if you're in hialeah you might run into that issue because thats the suburb where older cubans reside.
Untrue spanish crap??? It is not incorrect or untrue. It is not based on perception or second-hand stories.

I was born and raised in Miami-Dade from the mid-seventies to early nineties. I returned to live on Miami Beach for a couple years after college and have continued to visit family, friends and for business while near or abroad.

You can sugarcoat the issue or magnify it but it is certainly real and ever present throughout most of the city and county.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:08 AM

515 posts, read 624,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim8729 View Post
Wow, is cooper city is rural or more city? Is Davie a county?
No, Davie is not a county. You really are new to the area. You have Dade, Broward and Palm Beach but if your husband works off Blue Lagoon, travel time will certainly limit your ability to get close to many of the areas that fit your criteria.

You may even have to think out of the traditional areas that fit your criteria and look to something east towards Miami Beach, i.e. the neighborhood off Alton Road near Mt. Sinai hospital, for a better mix of people that is still close to work. It may not be your permanent choice but would be a nice place for you now prior to school age children. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area