Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:01 AM

8 posts, read 97,109 times

Advertisements

Hello! I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a reasonable salon (African American or Dominican) in Broward county. Some place in the Plantation/Sunrise/Lauderhill/Davie vicinity would be great but wouldn't mind commuting further. I'm not looking to get extensions in my hair, I usually wear the wrap/doobie look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM

124 posts, read 698,248 times
if your still lookin sweety try Natural Trend Setters on Commercial and Rock Island they are probablyy the best in broward and most known

Old 09-02-2008, 01:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale81ave View Post
if your still lookin sweety try Natural Trend Setters on Commercial and Rock Island they are probablyy the best in broward and most known
you like them? They are extremely unprofessional in my opinion. Also extremely expensive. Ioan Styles is better. 954.732.4044

Old 09-02-2008, 06:50 PM

Thanks, I am gonna give them a call this week!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
you like them? They are extremely unprofessional in my opinion. Also extremely expensive. Ioan Styles is better. 954.732.4044
they are expensive, very true.

however they do a good job with your hair (atleast mine) i have been going there for years, as far as professionally they are just ghetto but thats nothing im not used to, the majority of the women who work there are of jamaican heritage as am I.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale81ave View Post
they are expensive, very true.

however they do a good job with your hair (atleast mine) i have been going there for years, as far as professionally they are just ghetto but thats nothing im not used to, the majority of the women who work there are of jamaican heritage as am I.
"as far as professionally they are just ghetto"

That is no excuse. I pay my money I expect good service. I don't care what color you are, where you come from or whatever else. I am a customer, earn my money with professionalism and good service. I have gone there a few times and more often than not the service sucked. People waiting around for a hour sometimes to get their hair done, its ridiculous. One guy walked in to have his hair done. His appointment was at 10 and sat around until 11. Finally he got up and left. The girl just shrugged like, oh well. When the kid left. Who does business like that? Its not like that is a isolated incident. I had to sit around for 40 minutes on a few occasions. This one lady, she dropped her daughter off and two hours later they still hadn't finished drying this girls hair. The mother was vexed. I saw the whole thing. Basically they had some adults come in and they figured, the girls mother wont be back for awhile, lets let her sit around with wet hair while we do the adults. Then they caught a attitude with the mother becuase the mother was angry. Their behavior is a bit corney if you ask me.

Now the lady I go to, she is real professional, never keeps you waiting. Very clean, well managed shop. Always great, intelligent conversation when you go in. Not that it matters but she is from the St. Lucia. Not Jamaica but if supporting the Caribbean community is your thing, then she fits the bill.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 AM

^^if you have been going there as long as I have you would know that a majority of the best stylists have left, some work strictly at home, some started their own salons, such as michelles salon on university and oakland, however in terms of clientel and experience NTS has more of both.

like i said I am used to the behaviors as I have been going there for 5 years, make a 10am appointment, but dont show up at 10, show up at 10:30. if you call in advance they let you know that it is a very busy shop and they simply cannot keep up with all clients at all times.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM

Sounds like that environment won't be for me (NTS). I have seen alot of advertisements about them but I think someone told me that they just deal with natural hair and don't do relaxers.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:49 PM

259 posts, read 840,261 times
I go to Celebrity Stylz in Lauderhill across from the Lauderhill mall. I must warn you though that it is slightly ghetto and you will have to wait but they all do a pretty good job.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:57 AM

476 posts, read 2,817,212 times
Why aren't there any ethnic salon in the malls ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area