Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 18,214 times

Advertisements

Man if anything thing its worst. The only **** they show on that show is drugs and petty ****. They dont show the shooting that happened in Sunland a while back where boy came back and shot up the whole apartment complex with a chopper. They dont show them bad ass little jits fighting every day walking home from school. They dont show buddy getting stabbed at the Swap Shop down by where they sell speakers and clothes under the tents. They dont show BSO choke slaming *****s outside of no-names across from wendys on 19th and 441.

But at the same time its not bad at all unless you start something. You wont get carjacked driving down Sunrise Blvd like how it used to be in the 90's. You wont just get jumped for no reason. Mind your business and be respectful and you can live a happy life. People act like crime just happens down here, its always a cause then an effect.

By the way all you people talking bout Sistrunk like its a hood...its not. Its a a road that goes through like 4 bad hoods before you get to the beach. The worst hood off Sistrunk is Sunland. In Broward we call Sunland "The City" for a reason. Im born and raised a Deepside boy and I got no problem saying Sunland holds that title.

And I also dont appreciate how people keep naming hoods but they dont even mention Parkway, Dillard, Broadview, The Manors, Driftwood, or Larkdale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:42 PM

13 posts, read 37,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74TillThe WorldBlow5519 View Post
Man if anything thing its worst. The only **** they show on that show is drugs and petty ****. They dont show the shooting that happened in Sunland a while back where boy came back and shot up the whole apartment complex with a chopper. They dont show them bad ass little jits fighting every day walking home from school. They dont show buddy getting stabbed at the Swap Shop down by where they sell speakers and clothes under the tents. They dont show BSO choke slaming *****s outside of no-names across from wendys on 19th and 441.

But at the same time its not bad at all unless you start something. You wont get carjacked driving down Sunrise Blvd like how it used to be in the 90's. You wont just get jumped for no reason. Mind your business and be respectful and you can live a happy life. People act like crime just happens down here, its always a cause then an effect.

By the way all you people talking bout Sistrunk like its a hood...its not. Its a a road that goes through like 4 bad hoods before you get to the beach. The worst hood off Sistrunk is Sunland. In Broward we call Sunland "The City" for a reason. Im born and raised a Deepside boy and I got no problem saying Sunland holds that title.

And I also dont appreciate how people keep naming hoods but they dont even mention Parkway, Dillard, Broadview, The Manors, Driftwood, or Larkdale
Collier City, Doom City, Golden Acres, Royal Palm, North Fork, Tater Town, B.L.V.D, Carver Ranches, Liberia, The Villa, Ect... we'd be naming all day

Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th street View Post
Collier City, Doom City, Golden Acres, Royal Palm, North Fork, Tater Town, B.L.V.D, Carver Ranches, Liberia, The Villa, Ect... we'd be naming all day

Im talking bout the Dale. And Liberia pie as ****

Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74TillThe WorldBlow5519 View Post
Liberia pie as ****

hahaha, april fools is 5 months away bra

good one tho

Old 11-13-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th street View Post
hahaha, april fools is 5 months away bra

good one tho
Aint **** funny, Ive been to Liberia and the way them *****s had talked they made it seem like it was live as ****. Man I got there and it was just regular ass dudes doing regular ****. Them boys was super friendly too. Probably the softest hood in Hollywood

Old 11-13-2009, 09:54 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
I'm not going to speak Ebonics (although I can), but I agree that Liberia isn't that dangerous. It is nasty looking, one of the only predominately black areas in Hollywood and it's dirt poor, but overall the streets are mostly filled with people just living their everyday lives. There are some "white trash" type areas to the south that feel sketchier, which are teeming with prostitutes, burglars and aggressive homeless (Royal Poinciana). I think the biggest issue is some drugs and property crime. Liberia is basically what I would describe as a classic Florida ghetto that could be anywhere in the state. If you want a black area with more crime, you are better off heading more towards Pembroke Rd.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:34 PM

nowhere in hollywood has more drug deals than carver ranches n liberia

Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
I agree, but they mainly go there to buy, and then leave to go mug or burglarize people in Parkside or Royal Poinciana for more money to come back. It's pretty much on the down-low in Liberia and if you aren't buying drugs nobody is likely to bother you. I mean, you have no reason to be there at night unless you live there or are buying drugs, but that's mainly the extent of it. The areas to the south are a bit more unpredictable and strange with many odd characters out, even if they don't necessarily have more crime. The main difference is that Liberia is classic Florida ghetto and Royal Poinciana and Parkside are classic urban white trash type areas, the former which can be pretty predictable and the latter more of a freak show, so it makes sense that a lot of dealers would operate in Liberia. Carver Ranches is worse and has all sorts of crime and shady people out after dark.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:11 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I agree, but they mainly go there to buy, and then leave to go mug or burglarize people in Parkside or Royal Poinciana for more money to come back. It's pretty much on the down-low in Liberia and if you aren't buying drugs nobody is likely to bother you. I mean, you have no reason to be there at night unless you live there or are buying drugs, but that's mainly the extent of it. The areas to the south are a bit more unpredictable and strange with many odd characters out, even if they don't necessarily have more crime. The main difference is that Liberia is classic Florida ghetto and Royal Poinciana and Parkside are classic urban white trash type areas, the former which can be pretty predictable and the latter more of a freak show, so it makes sense that a lot of dealers would operate in Liberia. Carver Ranches is worse and has all sorts of crime and shady people out after dark.
You should do an "off-beat-n-crazy" tour of Hollywood. It's really the most colorful area of Broward, with such a mixture of good, bad, and downright wacky elements!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM

157 posts, read 601,148 times
I totally agree with Harttogo!
I moved to a small town in NC for 5 years thinking that it would be "safer" than Broward Co. where I lived most of my life...guess what??? The only difference is that there the criminals are related to the judge so they don't get on the news!
Honestly, I couldn't wait to come back to FL! What do you guys call being friendly anyway? The fake people tha pretend they are nice and smile at you but will stab you in the back the first chance they get? That's what I got where I was before, a bunch of fake friendly people.
I really prefer to know who my enemies are so I can watch out for them.
I live in Coral Springs, no drive by shootings here or crack dealers down the street.
Pretty quiet and nice neighborhood with some nice and some not so nice people, in another words, normal.
I think you can pretty much tell you're getting into a bad area once you see the appearance of the houses deteriorating as you go, so...turn around and get out of there! Common sense goes a long way.
Personally, as a person that has experience life here and in a place most people consider "quiet and friendly" like NC, I can tell you that you couldn't pay me enough to move back there!
But if you've never lived anywhere else it's normal to believe that it might be better elsewhere, I did too.
I had a much better job than I have here, lived on a 3200 sf house on an acre lot, and made double the money I make here, but I came back...I guess here is not so bad, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area