Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 AM

7 posts, read 17,469 times

Advertisements

If any of you have ever traveled north to Doral. Is the traffic comparable to the congestion Doral brings in the mornings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:46 AM

65 posts, read 244,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMGSaint View Post
If any of you have ever traveled north to Doral. Is the traffic comparable to the congestion Doral brings in the mornings?

The only way to travel north to Doral is to come from the SW area (Kendall, Country Walk, Homestead) on the turnpike north or on the palmetto north.

If that's what you mean, in the afternoon its a breeze (Turnpike that is) - there is no traffice whatsoever from the turnpike to that exit.

826 is a freaking nightmare - It is congested and you better get ready to move at a snail's pace.

Once on Doral, you may experience a little congestion (since that whole area is always congested) but not as much as if you were heading west trying to get to the turnpike and out of the area or heading East trying to get to 826.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Surface streets in Doral can be quite crowded now since they have built so many developments there.

826 is like a third-world country road.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:10 AM

182 posts, read 502,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phodg2 View Post
Like yourself, I will be moving to Plantation in July and will live close to 595.

I currently live in Pembroke Pines
Hi Phodg2, just wondering why you are moving from PP to Plantation? Since these are 2 areas we are interested in thought you might have something to add.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 AM

65 posts, read 244,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerfire View Post
Hi Phodg2, just wondering why you are moving from PP to Plantation? Since these are 2 areas we are interested in thought you might have something to add.

Hello,

We have two reasons for moving,

LAND - there is none in Pembroke Pines. Even if you find some, the price of the home is so high that we would spend all our money paying just for the house and the ever increasing HOA fees.

We lived East of I-75 between Flamingo and Palm Avenue - close to everything, great schools, dining, entertainment and we loved our area but it brings us to the second reason for our move - everybody else does too and it has become so OVERCROWDED - It's more like the West side of I-75.

Plantation has its issues as well. Main issue for my family being that the public school system is not great but our kids were accepted into a charter school and we lucked out and found a great neighborhood that in itself feels like home.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:12 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Drove to PP the other night to pick up kids from a party... Got reminded again why I don't like going there. Everyone drives so aggressively, you can feel the aggression in the air. And I consider myself an aggressive driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area