Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

I honestly don't care if people have to say bad things about me. We didn't know Lehigh would be a terrible place to live. Well actually, I knew but the house we were living in Boynton Beach was another hellhold, we were DESPERATE for a good affordable house or residence somewhere. So I figured Lehigh couldn't be worse. The neighborhood was safe, quiet, and we had good neighbors. The house was unfortunately a major fail and it ended up being the worst living experience in my life. All thanks to my mom by the way. I will never be following her in another move again.

I am glad to be back in Texas. I will be moving back to Florida some time in the future but NEVER AGAIN in the southwest!! My God what a cultural shock! When I first got to Lehigh Acres Senior High, most people didn't even know where Boynton Beach was! I had to keep saying I was coming from West Palm Beach and even then they were like "Oh your coming from the east coast?!" like WPB isn't recognizable enough! I was like um...yes?!! I thought WPB was a renowned city and location all over the world just like Miami! I was now known for coming from the east coast which I thought was absolutely ridiculous. We are all in Florida. There should be no discrepancies between east coasts and west coasts. But apparently there is. Most of the kids I met have never been anywhere but Fort Myers!! They don't know anything else but Fort Myers life!! I had no clue that this kind of country world existed in Florida!! Well I'm glad to say that I am PBC guy and will REMAIN a PBC guy!! I LOVE the east coast. I don't like SW FL, the treasure coasts, or northern fl Tallahassee. I will never live anywhere else but PBC or Orlando in Florida. This whole experience still has me shocked to this day.

My uncle (who is sort of a repairman) has been living in the house we did. I don't know why but he decided to and I think he has been fixing the things in the house and paying the rent. I don't think I will even go visit him because I fear the same events happening again. The toilet, the sewage, the snakes. I don't know if I told you guys but when we were moving our things from the house to Daytona (where we were suppose to be living), a little snake somehow got into the truck and when we were moving our things into the Daytona storage, we found it there coiled up on one of our desk drawers!!!!! AHHHHH!!! And it was alive!!!! It was damn disgusting and we had to call animal services to remove it. I said that was the last straw and curse of Lehigh Acres!! That is why I cannot go back even for family!! I HATE snakes with a passion!! They are revolting disgusting creatures. I was just creeped out from then on and Lehigh Acres has been put on my blacklist ever since. I can't do it again. The everglades nasty woods trip to get there and the barren cities like Immokalee to stare at and the snakes. It's horrible. Just horrible. Never again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 06:43 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjore View Post
Lehigh is what it is and one lives there for different reasons. They have a wonderful senior citizen program. All people are not strange. The library is fine. Publix is a great place to shop. Churches are a positive feature. It was never an upscale community. No place is all bad!
You don't want to be in a "up scale" community.
Most of those around here are just a bunch of wannabees anyway. Stick with the regular folks they are the ones that make this country great.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
True..Lehigh is what it is and that's why so many people stay away from it.

What you don't understand is when they tore down the Michigan Links housing projects, ( think ghetto folks) the families were all moved to Lehigh.

Years ago Lehigh was just a small hole in the wall place that didn't have the issues it has now. I've know many, many people who lived in Lehigh at that time. Once the links was shut down and the crime started going up..the goods ones moved out. What's left is what made Lehigh what it is today.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,864 times
Freaking out over a little bittie snake??? Sounds like a girlie man
Better watch out for THIS one

www.casatrudel.com/anaconda.htm

Old 02-17-2011, 07:57 PM

15 posts, read 86,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
i honestly don't care if people have to say bad things about me. We didn't know lehigh would be a terrible place to live. Well actually, i knew but the house we were living in boynton beach was another hellhold, we were desperate for a good affordable house or residence somewhere. So i figured lehigh couldn't be worse. The neighborhood was safe, quiet, and we had good neighbors. The house was unfortunately a major fail and it ended up being the worst living experience in my life. All thanks to my mom by the way. I will never be following her in another move again.

I am glad to be back in texas. I will be moving back to florida some time in the future but never again in the southwest!! My god what a cultural shock! When i first got to lehigh acres senior high, most people didn't even know where boynton beach was! I had to keep saying i was coming from west palm beach and even then they were like "oh your coming from the east coast?!" like wpb isn't recognizable enough! I was like um...yes?!! I thought wpb was a renowned city and location all over the world just like miami! I was now known for coming from the east coast which i thought was absolutely ridiculous. We are all in florida. There should be no discrepancies between east coasts and west coasts. But apparently there is. Most of the kids i met have never been anywhere but fort myers!! They don't know anything else but fort myers life!! I had no clue that this kind of country world existed in florida!! Well i'm glad to say that i am pbc guy and will remain a pbc guy!! I love the east coast. I don't like sw fl, the treasure coasts, or northern fl tallahassee. I will never live anywhere else but pbc or orlando in florida. This whole experience still has me shocked to this day.

My uncle (who is sort of a repairman) has been living in the house we did. I don't know why but he decided to and i think he has been fixing the things in the house and paying the rent. I don't think i will even go visit him because i fear the same events happening again. The toilet, the sewage, the snakes. I don't know if i told you guys but when we were moving our things from the house to daytona (where we were suppose to be living), a little snake somehow got into the truck and when we were moving our things into the daytona storage, we found it there coiled up on one of our desk drawers!!!!! Ahhhhh!!! And it was alive!!!! It was damn disgusting and we had to call animal services to remove it. I said that was the last straw and curse of lehigh acres!! That is why i cannot go back even for family!! I hate snakes with a passion!! They are revolting disgusting creatures. I was just creeped out from then on and lehigh acres has been put on my blacklist ever since. I can't do it again. The everglades nasty woods trip to get there and the barren cities like immokalee to stare at and the snakes. It's horrible. Just horrible. Never again.
which part of lehigh did you live?
Ghetto part??

Old 02-17-2011, 08:00 PM

15 posts, read 86,344 times
She is probably moved from one ghetto west palm to lehigh southwest ghetto
all trolls are there

Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 20,313 times
Hello,
My name is Debbie, and I am from NY. I am new to this forum. After reading this post I am a bit uneasy. I am on my way to Florida to look, and Hopefully purchase a vacation home for the winter. I am 35 and my boyfriend is 55 retired. We are looking for somplace very quiet, but a big home. I dont care much about the school because we both dont have/ nor want any kids. I was looking at a beautiful house in the lehigh acres area, but now I am afraid. Can some one suggest a nice quiet area. I dont want to spend over 80 grand. I will be in Florida Feb 24th 2011. Thanks

Old 02-18-2011, 02:34 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,813 times
read the FAQ please...rent, and spend some time in the area before buying

sometimes just driving around the neighbourhood clarifies the issue

I initially had my eyes on a wonderful looking old home in Edgewood that I saw on the internet....an area we try to avoid even driving through now

Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieM76 View Post
Hello,
My name is Debbie, and I am from NY. I am new to this forum. After reading this post I am a bit uneasy. I am on my way to Florida to look, and Hopefully purchase a vacation home for the winter. I am 35 and my boyfriend is 55 retired. We are looking for somplace very quiet, but a big home. I dont care much about the school because we both dont have/ nor want any kids. I was looking at a beautiful house in the lehigh acres area, but now I am afraid. Can some one suggest a nice quiet area. I dont want to spend over 80 grand. I will be in Florida Feb 24th 2011. Thanks
If you have never been to the area refrain from buying. Take time to get to know the area and look for reasons not to buy. Do not depend on straight answers from the listing realtors (they're not suppose to talk good or bad on areas). Plenty of people buy and live in lehigh, personally I wouldn't. There are several better locations in that price range.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 PM

49 posts, read 227,483 times
hahah Lehigh sucks...We all know that. But rent is cheap, they have really cheap newer homes for sale. People live in Lehigh because it's cheap, not because they like it. There's absolutly nothing in Lehigh. You definitely need a car if you want to live in Lee county. You can't rely on public transportation here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area