Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:06 PM

93 posts, read 284,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida1 View Post
Homes are expenisive in the Ft. Myers area? I can find single family homes in a brand new gated community for less than $200,000. Has anyone checked out toward Del Prado extension? Don't even get me started on the whole, "Ft. Myers has a horrible job market." I will let GulfShore Business Online handle this one. Here is an article I think everyone should read:
Welcome to Gulfshore Business Online (broken link)

I'm not even going to argue about the beaches. It is pointless and the awards the Lee County beaches have recieved speak for themselves so I don't need to.

As far as Hispanics go, I have actually written e-mails to people involved with airline and airport businesses asking them to begin nonstop service between Southwest Florida Airport and some Latin American destinations. They informed me that this area doesn't yet have the Hispanic population to justify service between Ft. Myers and Latin America. But you can keep acting like this area is "over run" with Hispanics if you really want to.

In an effort to stop "beating a dead horse" as some other members have put it, I will end my part in this back and forth bickering right here. As someone who can't stand negativity and exagerationg (sp?), I must say I picked the wrong forum to join.
Yeah people with a real job ? You have been trying to sell this and we can tell your losing your cool, Just take the loss and walk it off. You might find a job you can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 01:28 PM

120 posts, read 170,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridamove2 View Post
Yeah people with a real job ? You have been trying to sell this and we can tell your losing your cool, Just take the loss and walk it off. You might find a job you can do.
I am not trying to do anything but tell it like it is. Of course, since I'm positive about living in SW FL, I must have alterior motives. I actually have a job that I LOVE! At least I'm not unhappy.

On a side note, I reread some earlier posts and one struck me as odd. I believe someone mentioned that they didn't like the afternoon storms, but then later mentioned they didn't like water restrictions. Well rain is necessary to refill the aquafiers so I'm wondering how someone can logically complain about both. Unless of course they are one of those unhappy people that are losing their cool themselves.

-Have a good day!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I am not trying to do anything but tell it like it is. Of course, since I'm positive about living in SW FL, I must have alterior motives. I actually have a job that I LOVE! At least I'm not unhappy.

On a side note, I reread some earlier posts and one struck me as odd. I believe someone mentioned that they didn't like the afternoon storms, but then later mentioned they didn't like water restrictions. Well rain is necessary to refill the aquafiers so I'm wondering how someone can logically complain about both. Unless of course they are one of those unhappy people that are losing their cool themselves.

-Have a good day!
Did you sell anything this month or are you still hiding what you do?

Old 08-02-2007, 01:46 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Homes are expenisive in the Ft. Myers area? I can find single family homes in a brand new gated community for less than $200,000.

They informed me that this area doesn't yet have the Hispanic population to justify service between Ft. Myers and Latin America. But you can keep acting like this area is "over run" with Hispanics if you really want to.
Of course one can find a deal in Fort Myers right now on a home. Take five minutes to research WHY & the deal is not so great nor are the quality of the homes.

Also, one needs LEGAL identification to fly on a plane in the US; hence the response of the airport.

Anyone can make it anywhere if they have the heart to do so, but to sugarcoat Fort Myers & not state the obvious isn't fair to someone moving here. People will find the good & the bad anywhere. This place just has a tendency for the latter in many opinions & people's anger seems to stem from the fact they WANTED to make things work in Fort Myers, but all the overwhelming crap made that impossible.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM

120 posts, read 170,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridamove2 View Post
Did you sell anything this month or are you still hiding what you do?
I got those prices because they are advertised on billboards right in front of those communities. If you don't believe me you can take a drive along Del Prado Extension yourself. The sign will read "Single family homes from $199,000" the one next to it will read "Townhomes from $149,000." Nice try accusing me of being a realtor though. I'm a secretary/bookkeeper by the way.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
WCI stocks are dropping like a rock. And other builders are in the same boat. You can look at the signs like florida1 said. It will drop more, The area went up way too fast and is returning to normal. Cape Coral and Fort Myers don't have the jobs to support the population. Its very easy no jobs=less sales less sales=less jobs=more crime=more drug sales=more crime, Its not looking good for this area.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=WCI&time=3yr

WCI Communities downgraded with negative outlook on earnings concerns - Moody's (broken link)
Welcome to Gulfshore Business Online (broken link)

Old 08-02-2007, 03:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Nice try accusing me of being a realtor though. I'm a secretary/bookkeeper by the way.
Florida1 has had many monikers on this board. She was banned once, tried another name and they figured out who she was, so she started posting at her workplace. They figured that out, since she pretty much says the same thing, sometimes word-for-word.

For quite awhile now, she has posted, I suspect, on her coworkers computer. It seems to be only during lunch breaks and at the end of the work day.

Whatever she does, she works for a developer in downtown Fort Myers. I guess her job depends on these postings.

Either way, I don't see why there was this latest rant. Gosh. I was telling a young girl how to have some fun in Fort Myers!

By the way, I have no ulterior motive. A lot of these Fort Myers people, especially snowbirds, are trying to move to my area. I haven't even bought a home, yet. I have everything to lose by posting here.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:20 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Florida1 has had many monikers on this board. She was banned once, tried another name and they figured out who she was, so she started posting at her workplace. They figured that out, since she pretty much says the same thing, sometimes word-for-word.

For quite awhile now, she has posted, I suspect, on her coworkers computer. It seems to be only during lunch breaks and at the end of the work day.

Whatever she does, she works for a developer in downtown Fort Myers. I guess her job depends on these postings.

Either way, I don't see why there was this latest rant. Gosh. I was telling a young girl how to have some fun in Fort Myers!

By the way, I have no ulterior motive. A lot of these Fort Myers people, especially snowbirds, are trying to move to my area. I haven't even bought a home, yet. I have everything to lose by posting here.
If I was working for a developer in Lee County I would be looking for a new job ! “Housing permits in Cape Coral fell to their lowest level in more than a decade in July, according to a city report released Wednesday. Meanwhile, activity in unincorporated Lee County slowed drastically following a surge in June caused by a deadline to avoid the tripling of road impact fees.” Now I know why for some people we have to mark a cup of hot coffee, CAUTION HOT!!!!!!!!!!

The News-Press, news-press.com, Real Estate, Housing permits sink in Lee, Cape (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070802/RE/70801129/1075 - broken link)

Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
I think there is a big difference in telling a person the things to do in a city as compared to overall economic & social health of a city. It appears the lastest poster was asking about things to do & random stuff.

Let people come & make their ways, be it success or failure.

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why home prices are the way they are in Fort Myers, to quickly figure out the major source of income for people, and some of the other daunting issues facing the city.

Yet, there are things to "do" such as parks, beaches, clubs & malls.

From a home development side of Fort Myers, it is one of the biggest bursts in the country & will sink for awhile to come. How many people did they think would move to the area to build so excessively? And what sort of jobs does the area have to cater to people with mortgages in the range of $1200-$1400 monthly [uhhh....like none....not everyone can be a eye doctor or appratration lawyer].

It is a place where fun can be found I assume if one has the mindset. No kids to worry about? No mortgage & living rent free? Heck, that is the way to go at a young age!!

Other than that, take the place as it is I guess.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
If I was working for a developer in Lee County I would be looking for a new job ! “Housing permits in Cape Coral fell to their lowest level in more than a decade in July, according to a city report released Wednesday. Meanwhile, activity in unincorporated Lee County slowed drastically following a surge in June caused by a deadline to avoid the tripling of road impact fees.” Now I know why for some people we have to mark a cup of hot coffee, CAUTION HOT!!!!!!!!!!

The News-Press, news-press.com, Real Estate, Housing permits sink in Lee, Cape (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070802/RE/70801129/1075 - broken link)
High taxes, HOI, Crime, I have got to get out of here. On the news today a 12 y/o was found chopped up in a suitcase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area