Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM

155 posts, read 766,497 times

Advertisements

Just checking to see if anyone else has a recommendation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 06:00 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,239 times
I like Texas Roadhouse on Washington center. Also Olive Garden on Coliseum as well as Red Robin in Glenbrook Mall, I have at ate Sarku Japan in the mall a number of times it's not a bad price and they have very good food.

I've heard that Halls is good but I've never managed to eat there.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:19 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyM View Post
Just checking to see if anyone else has a recommendation.
I have a couple more "local" recommendations since last time I posted...

Blu Tomato - Maplecrest and State road (east side of town) - awesome pizza and veal parmesan (a broad mix of Italian cuisine - cannot go wrong with most anything on the menu although the pizza is the specialty). And deserts which are fabulous and worth saving space in your stomach for. Service has always been good for my wife and I. Atmosphere is that of a nice fine dining establishment but it is really casual with reasonable prices. Great for a date night.

The Italian Connection - Taylor St. - looks like a dive from the outside, but you walk inside and it is nice. A fine dining establishment hidden in what looks like a remodeled house which serves fantastic italian food. The food is obviously homemade (and there are only perhaps 12 tables in the entire place). Pricey and portions were small - but the food tasted excellent. Not the best value, but if you're looking for something different, love italian food, and don't mind spending money to eat well this is a great place to try.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:35 PM

36 posts, read 130,058 times
Here's some other non-chain suggestions:

Steaks- Club Soda (Superior St.) or Hartleys (Fairfield Ave.) or Eddie Merlots(Jeff. Pt.)
Seafood- Oyster Bar (Calhoun St.) or Chappells (Broadway)
Sausage Rolls- Laycoffs Bar (Clinton St.), Venice ( Goshen Rd.) or Redwood Inn (Main)
Italian- Biaggis (Jeff. Pt.) or any CASAs (local chain), Italian Connection- (need to call for hours)
Mexican- Cebollas
Wings- Buffalo wings and Ribs (Coldwater)
Eclectic: Munchie Emporium (Taylor St.)

Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 PM

159 posts, read 575,178 times
Flat Top Grill at the Jefferson Point Mall is my favorite. Its an all-you-can-eat mongolian barbeque type of restaraunt, but they also have some grilled pita bread that is awesome.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:20 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,027,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
For an outstanding Hot Dog you need to hit Coney Island in downtown. I think it's on Main. I grew up on them and whenever we get back to Indiana I always drive from Indy to Ft. Wayne and get at least 2 dozen to freeze and bring home to Minnesota...they're much better fresh though.
Coney Island is great.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:50 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,918 times
an International House of Pancakes (IHOP) just opened up on Jefferson Rd! *cheer* my kids... ok and my wife and I love the food there. Great breakfasts at IHOP's in general... went last night for dinner and I'd say even though it is brand new (with all new staff) it was excellent.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,492 times
Default Resteraunts in Fort Wayne

We love all types of food and think that if you want Mexican - Las Lomas cannot be beat they have 2 - one on Coliseum and Lake, and another on Fairfield. Authentic and delicious, priced right!

Sushi - I love Asakusa's on Lima Rd and my husband loves Yokihama's near Pine Valley. Both have great rolls and sashimi plates. Yokihama's has better eel rolls but Asakusa's soup and California Rolls are better.

Seafood - Paula's on Main, hands down for taste, atmosphere and price.

Italian - Biaggi's can't be beat.

Chops - locally owned and fabulous food. I loved my surf and turf and my husband recommends the lamb. Yum yum!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,489,551 times
Default Noodles & Company!

Was preusing the website to see if there were any new locations coming to NWI and sadly, none popped up...but Fort Wayne is getting a location near Jefferson Pointe!

Here is the address:

4602 Illinois Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46804

Congrats!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM

5 posts, read 6,352 times
If you want some great pizza, calzones, etc. I highly recommend 816 Pint & Slice on Calhoun St. downtown. I went there pretty often before TinCaps games when Parkview Field opened. I also enjoyed a work function that was held at Don Hall's Gas House, the filet mignon sliders were absolutely delicious! Being that I haven't lived in the area since March and haven't gone back, I'm sure I'm forgetting a place or two, but those are the ones that I clearly remembered.

Oh, just remembered something else! I really liked Atz's the few times I went there. Its a local ice cream chain, though I don't believe they make their own ice cream, but they have some fantastic creations. Along that same theme, Ivanhoe's in Upland (a bit of a drive from Ft. Wayne) has a massive selection of shake and sundae creations and some tasty "drive in" food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne