Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 11:45 AM

11 posts, read 17,161 times

Advertisements

Any good/clean/w/ kitchenette places to stay for a couple of months while we look for a home?

We'll be looking at homes in Hurst, Bedford, NRH, Keller, Colleyville and Grapevine. My husband is a mechanic and is looking to either work in the Grapevine or Hurst area.

We have relatives in Saginaw and Blue Mound but we don't want to over-extend our welcome at their homes considering we have 2 toddlers and 2 small dogs with us!

Also, can anyone let me know what the area of Watauga is like? I rarely see it mentioned on the forum.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 01:38 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,612,344 times
I've personally never been in any of the extended places locally, although we have had good experiences with a couple that are chains before. Homestead and a Studio 6 (Motel 6 version).

I'd look for one that is located well for your searches. There's an Intown Suites on Rufe Snow in NRH but I know nothing about it.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 PM

38 posts, read 58,853 times
There are many around. Some are good, some are seedy. Try to be in an area targeting business travelers. The North end of DFW Airport, or the Alliance area are 2 places I'd start. It'll cost you some drive time but you want to be safe. Wherever you choose, be sure to drive through at night to know how it really looks. There is also a cluster at 820 and Beach St. Not sure what those are like at this point.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 PM

690 posts, read 1,728,708 times
There are extended stay locations on the freeway corner of 820 and 35W both nice and not so nice.
There is also another one on Rufe Snow across from the racetrac gas station approx 1.5 miles north of
Watagua is a nice little community which is land locked surrounded by North Richland Hills, Keller, Fort Worth and Haltom City. Obviously Watagua has its own city government building with police, fire, and govt.(may include library too.)
Hwy 377 and the railroad parallel the city of Watagua, you have all the shops closeby which Include the Target shopping center, Albertson shopping center, Home depot, Ross, etc. In addition is a nice
park and close to the Keller intermediate school on the north end.
Also the popular Chef's Point restaurant, a 4 star location based within of a gas station.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
There is an extended stay in Bedford on Forest Ridge just half block north of Airport Frwy-
across from Spring Creek BBQ
it's called Extended Stay Deluxe--
right now that section of freeway is under construction and messed up--you might have issues with construction noise if you are inside with your kids during the day because it is about block up from freeway but the area is pretty safe--

don't know status on pets

the good thing about the location is that the Bedford City library is not that far north on Forest Ridge and the Bedford Boys' Ranch park is close as well--some place for your dogs and kids to play--probably not that walkable but short drive

there are several grocery stores not that far away, a movie theater at Central and Airport Frwy, and lots of restaurants close--Spring Creek is just across the street--Posada's is right beside the hotel--Fuddrucker's is across Airport Freeway (not really walkable but I see some people doing it)

There is Homewood suites off the Central exit--which is just one east from Forest Ridge--
they sometimes have two bed/two bath suites--more expensive but not always by much--
and you have more space/flexibility
That is busier traffic area and likely more noisy--not that close to the park or library either--

If you check a map you can see that Bedford is cental location to the towns you mentioned
Airport Frwy is under construction but there are surface roads to use and it is pretty easy to get around w/o using freeway to any of them--I rarely use freeway to get where I go in Mid-Cities

I think both of those would be better than the Inn Town Suite off Iron Horse in NRHills area but
I think that area is just little more isolated from things to do and little sketchier
I don't know about your budget

there are some older/smaller motels along Bedford Euless Rd in NRHills that advertise "weekly rates" but they are not places I would recommend for family to stay--

and I don't know why you would want to stay at I-35 and 820 Loop that is probably 40 min drive in rush hour from many of the towns you mention
Hurst does not have extended stay hotels and would not recommend any in Euless along Airport Frwy

Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM

309 posts, read 811,749 times
We stayed at the Extended Stay at Fossil Creek (off the NE 820 Loop) when we arrived from the UK and until we found a house and our shipment arrived. It was pet friendly (we brought two with us from the UK) and the staff were friendly and helpful. The place was clean, rather basic but at the price and with the fact they were pet friendly etc we really couldn't complain. We were there 1 month and we are now going to be relocating again with my job to California and will probably stay at the same chain hotel albeit for a much shorter period I hope this time.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,612,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think both of those would be better than the Inn Town Suite off Iron Horse in NRHills area but
I think that area is just little more isolated from things to do and little sketchier
I don't know about your budget
What makes you say that it is isolated from things to do and sketchier? That couldn't be more wrong.

There is shopping and places to eat all around it, many within walking distance. Walmart down the street to the south and Albertson's to the north could be a walking trip and if not then less than 5 minute drive. Almost every fast food place you could want, several restaurants and a couple of really good pizza places.

Northeast Mall isn't far away at all and has Rave theater, NRH Library and NRH2O water park are minutes away as well.

And you don't have to get on any freeway for any of that.

There really isn't anything missing......except personal knowledge of inside the place and what it's like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth