Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2007, 04:46 PM

27 posts, read 99,178 times

Advertisements

I've read several references to the condos downtown - what's the scoop? Is there a lot of condo communities downtown? It's been awhile since I've been in Ft. Worth and when I was there I wasn't looking for housing - but seemed like the downtown area was pretty congested. What about parking? Parks? Grocery Shopping? Is the area run down at all? Thanks for all the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 PM

90 posts, read 467,476 times
It's not run down at all. There is no grocery store but are a lot of restaurants. The super target is only <1 mile west. The condo building trend seems steady. There are two tours a year, one in April and one in Oct, that show you properties around DT FW, very informative tours and highly recommended. The architecture of fort worth website has a lot of discussions re: the condo/town home projects. Just google it.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Default New condo development

Right across the FW Convention Center, a developer is building a new condo and hotel. Check out their Web site (http://www.1301throckmorton.com/home.html - broken link). I have no idea what the prices will be. The project is expected to be complete in 2009. When I walked from Sundance Square to the Water Gardens, I saw the framework of the building.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:59 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Trinity River project will maybe a hundred condos when it is done--what that will do to saturate the market should show up pretty soon--the first bldg is more than half way done--sure the rain has probably made some construction more difficult....there are several different projects--some in historical bldgs some in new construction--some in Sundance and some on the outskirts like the Trinity River development....
yu can google condos and Fort worth and I am sure get lots of hits...

getting groceries is kind of a hassle but the big attraction would probably be not having to cook--more of a problem is pets--hard to find a place to walk them--some condos don't allow them---works great if you work in area -- my husband works for company that is privately-owned--one of the guys lives in Westover Hills and the other owned condo about 2 streets over from their office---another investor lives in Palm Springs and had a condo in that same bldg...

Last edited by loves2read; 07-04-2007 at 05:29 AM..

Old 07-04-2007, 05:02 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
When I was visiting Texas last, I noticed alot of condos in downtown Fort Worth, an attempt to rejuvenate the downtown area, it looked VERY nice and a good way to avoid a horrible commute if you work downtown.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Austin

I sent my buddy in Austin a link to that 1301 Throckmorton condo unit that is being erected across the FW Water Gardens. When he drove up last month to hang out in FW, we hung out in downtown and saw the construction project.

After I sent him that link, he sent me a link to Austin's downtown projects (PDF). Holy crap they got a lot planned there! I wonder if FW will try to keep up, not that they should feel like it's some sort of competition.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 PM

90 posts, read 467,476 times
probablly austin has a bigger market for urban living, with bigger population and probabally greater young professional crowd imho

Old 07-04-2007, 07:13 PM

103 posts, read 676,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
it looked VERY nice and a good way to avoid a horrible commute if you work downtown.
One thing I LOVE about Fort Worth is downtown. Sundance Square is wonderful, and going to the shows and the Bass is FANTASTIC!! In my opinion, downtown Fort Worth has been top notch and hopping since I moved here in 1996, and since my husband moved down here in the early 80s. It definitely isn't a HUGE downtown, but this is one reason I love it so much. I come from Cleveland, Ohio where the downtown area is much larger, but everything closed at 5 p.m. (maybe it is diff't now?). Downtown Fort Worth is beautiful, clean, and very safe. I don't feel uneasy when visiting there AT ALL.

There are plenty of condos in downtown Fort Worth...some examples are:

The Neil P.
Houston Place Lofts
The Tower
So.7
Texas and Pacific
Sundance West

You also have the Firestone, Montgomery Plaza, Amli and 7th Street Station which is just on the outskirts of downtown.

These are just some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head. But, there are many in progress...and, definitely many urban homes in downtown Fort Worth. If I worked downtown, I would definitely live there...

Old 07-06-2007, 07:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
UT being right off downtown is major force driving urban living in Austin I think--most of the bigger companies are on the rim around Austin--but banks--and the U are big employers--not to mention our own state gov...
FTW is doing ok for something that started only after the big May Day tornado blasted through about 10 years ago---major mind change to go to this level of urban living....

Old 07-06-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
UT being right off downtown is major force driving urban living in Austin I think--most of the bigger companies are on the rim around Austin--but banks--and the U are big employers--not to mention our own state gov...
FTW is doing ok for something that started only after the big May Day tornado blasted through about 10 years ago---major mind change to go to this level of urban living....
Yes, Austin having the state capital and biggest state college in the middle of the city affords it to undertake such huge expansion. And somehow, they draw in large companies (mostly tech and financial), which FW, from what I've seen, has been unable to do. Heck, Radio Shack, which is HQ'ed in FW, is always downsizing. I hope FW can perhaps convince a couple large employers to come to FW and leave Dallas, Austin, etc. behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth