Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I know one of these days I will be caught in hail. I wouldn't be so worried about chunks of ice falling on my noggin as much as I would about my car having to suffer through it.
ahhh, the great hail storm of '95
Ex and I had a Suburban...that's a big surface area to get hail damage, ya know? We were on the northern edge of that hail storm so we didn't get the nastiest of the stuff, but enough for the insurance company to write us a check for $1200 or so. Truck was paid off, we knew the majority of the dents would pop back out on their own in the summer heat...so we went to Disney World on that check! hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I know one of these days I will be caught in hail. I wouldn't be so worried about chunks of ice falling on my noggin as much as I would about my car having to suffer through it.
Now beowulf, you put your car ahead of your noggin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
ahhh, the great hail storm of '95
Ex and I had a Suburban...that's a big surface area to get hail damage, ya know? We were on the northern edge of that hail storm so we didn't get the nastiest of the stuff, but enough for the insurance company to write us a check for $1200 or so. Truck was paid off, we knew the majority of the dents would pop back out on their own in the summer heat...so we went to Disney World on that check! hahaha
Oh, you must mean the softball sized hail that bloodied some unfortunate people at Mayfest that year! Last night there was some large hail near UTA which isn't too far from the Jerry Dome. A friend lives across the street from the new stadium and got hail damage on his truck. I live 10 minutes from there but didn't get anything but rain, thunder and lightening.

More supposedly coming tonite and into tomorrow morning.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
Now beowulf, you put your car ahead of your noggin?

Oh, you must mean the softball sized hail that bloodied some unfortunate people at Mayfest that year! Last night there was some large hail near UTA which isn't too far from the Jerry Dome. A friend lives across the street from the new stadium and got hail damage on his truck. I live 10 minutes from there but didn't get anything but rain, thunder and lightening.

More supposedly coming tonite and into tomorrow morning.
Yep that would be the one. It demolished many cars and anyone thinking they could use an umbrella for shelter soon had blood running down their faces at Mayfest.

That whole line ran just south of I 30 and I lived north of it about 5 or 6 miles at the time in NE Fort Worth area.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
I've heard stories about the hail storm of 1995 that I think even killed someone.

I was probably dropped on my head as a baby, which is why I worry more about hail damage to my car than hail damage to my head.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:11 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
AT 520 PM CDT...A LARGE...VIOLENT TORNADO WAS ON THE GROUND JUST
SOUTH OF BRECKENRIDGE...MOVING EAST AT 31 MPH.

Storm spotters said Breckenridge got a direct hit, this is the same system what is moving towards North Fort Worth.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
We could well be in for a rough ride here in Lewisville. Meanwhile, the people in the path of that vicious storm had better take cover. Mix that system in with some shower pockets from the south and another cool front moving through overnight, and things are going to get interesting.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:08 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
So far, all is quiet in NW FW. It was pretty windy an drizzly when I left work this evening (west FW). Good luck to those in the storm's path.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:25 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
The worst has come through here in Hurst. It blew the privacy fence on the east side of my property down.. Winds were ferocious and at the time I could have sworn we were in the middle of a tornado.. Glad it's over.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:30 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,364 times
Yep, that one was a little nerve wracking, but all seems good here atm. Praying for everyone else to come out as well.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:36 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
The storm left me a nice little present..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth